• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Colosseum and XD Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Just a quick question before I go steaming into this - if I KO Greevil's Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres and beat the game, and save the file, I can still go back to Citadark Isle and have another go at catching them, right?

Just a quick question before I go steaming into this - if I KO Greevil's Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres and beat the game, and save the file, I can still go back to Citadark Isle and have another go at catching them, right?

Yes you can Lottie, any uncaught Shadow Pokémon will still be in his possession the next time you choose to face him.

Remember that the Shadow Pokémon you do capture from his main team will be substituted for a normal Pokémon next time around, so be sure that you have a strong enough party to endure the battle whilst you try and snag the Legendary birds.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
yep, HalcyonXlll is correct. The same case for Colosseum as well.

Oh, and one can check the first post as well, in which I have updated to it a list of questions/answers posted in this help thread, that aren't covered already by links in said first post. Also did it a few days ago for the other 3rd gen Help threads. Whee.

Blootix

When I tried to use the Time Flute in Colosseum, it says "This item can't be used now." Strange, as I've used a Time Flute before. Anyone have any ideas about why this is?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Any ideas... hmm. Sounds odd. But, are you using it when next to the Relic Stone? Because I think that's the only place you can use it...

Just in case I'll say you need to a Shadow Pokemon in your party as well. But I'd think you'd have that part...

EDIT: Maybe also make sure you talk to Eagun first - maybe due to the programming you are unable to use it until he tells you to use it? No harm in trying that if you are still unable to use it.

Last edited:

hOuOugIa

DON'T STEAL MAH HG!
Few Questions here:
1) Do XD have Time Flutes?
2) Is that we can SR for a correct nature on Zapdos?
3) Will a shiny show up when it's still in shadow form and not yet captured?

1) Sadly, no
2) Yes, but you cannot save once you catch it, or it will keep the nature it has (that means you have to catch and purifiy it without saving)
3) I believe so, but I am no sure since I've never seen one.

hOuOugIa

DON'T STEAL MAH HG!
Another question:
Do you know what is the rough amount of time that were needed to purify Zapdos in the machine with the highest speed (Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark -> Ghost, Zapdos facing Fighting type)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Sapphire Phoenix was right on them all. Shall add to the point of shiny Shadow Pokemon that you can tell if it is shiny the moment you first encounter it (orbs fly around along with the Shadow aura), execpt for Lugia which is the execption. Lugia will only appear as a shiny Pokemon (if it is one) when it is purified.

And I'm unsure about the time it took for me, but not too long (half an hour or so at max flow? :/). Mind also that it can differ, depending on Zapdos's nature, which affects how effective a purifying technique is. But even if it's a bad method it shouldn't take too long if you have it a max flow, and the time it takes is not so noticeable when you do every other Shadow Pokemon at the same time as well. =)

So no hard-and-fast answer, but it's a quick-ish process. It'll take longer than most other Shadow Pokemon though, but not by too much.

(DragonCoast)TY

Pokemon Trader
I have a question which is why did my Granbull turn male to female when during the battle of our first encouter. It was male in the beginning but then I threw great ball. It broke out and what I found it had switch genders it's wierd. I caught it in my first encounter though but was wondering why would it chnage genders during our battle. This happen in colosseum.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a question which is why did my Granbull turn male to female when during the battle of our first encouter. It was male in the beginning but then I threw great ball. It broke out and what I found it had switch genders it's wierd. I caught it in my first encounter though but was wondering why would it chnage genders during our battle. This happen in colosseum.
That's... odd. I've heard of a Zangoose in XD changing genders, but there was a reason behind that one (that was discussed earlier in this thread btw). This one however, if it did happen, simply sounds a lot like a glitch. Odd though - becuase then it's a good chance other stats may have been reset as well? But that sounds unlikely, unless you tried to catch it at full health...

Simply, I'd put it down to a glitch if it happened - there's no reason for it to change otherwise. (Maybe it was having an identity crisis?)

(DragonCoast)TY

Pokemon Trader
I need to purified that granbull along with the rest of the shadow pokemon it's been a while since i last played it anyway. I lol from you saying it had a identity crisis but it did happen though. I think I was lowering it health during that time and threw a great ball since the health was low enough. It escaped and turn female. I got colosseum as soon as it came out.

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
I was training my shadow granbull at MT.battle and then I went to get some scents for it.After getting enough and using them I purified it but it did not get exp from the battles.What did I do to not get exp?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I was training my shadow granbull at MT.battle and then I went to get some scents for it.After getting enough and using them I purified it but it did not get exp from the battles.What did I do to not get exp?
Shadow Pokemon only start gaining experiance when their shadow metre has been depleted by two bars (i.e. when you can see their nature). If you did the battles before that, then it would not gain any experiance.

Help, I'm playing XD and I can't find bonsly?

I've looked in the SS Libre and it just ran away? And everyone who I talk to will simply say that I have to look where wild pokemon gather and I for the most part think that they are poke spots, but I can't find it :(

Help!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Put the Pokefood or whatever it's called (I refer to it as cake XD) at the Pokespots, and wait a while. Then come back - there's a chance now that Bonsly will be there instead of wild Pokemon you can battle. Sometimes wild Pokemon will be there instead though. You have to approach it slowly as well or it runs away and you have to try again.

LoveNox

Question.

I didn't happen to see this listed at all (unless you count GBA connectivity guide, but that doesn't fit.)

Is there a way to play through XD or Colosseum on my wii and use the wifi to trade to my DS? I don't have a GBA connector cabe, nor do I have my gamecube with me. ><

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Question.

I didn't happen to see this listed at all (unless you count GBA connectivity guide, but that doesn't fit.)

Is there a way to play through XD or Colosseum on my wii and use the wifi to trade to my DS? I don't have a GBA connector cabe, nor do I have my gamecube with me. ><
You can't connect to a DS with the XD or Colosseum games.

You need a GBA or a GBA-SP and a GBA-GC lead, even if your Gamecube is a Wii. One of my GBA-GC leads are in my Wii's P2 slot, it doesn't look that differnt from a GC Plug, except it's white.

I should make it clear that the GBA-GC leads are the hardest to find. I spent some time looking for my 4th lead. I do play Zelda 4 Swords, to bad two of my GBAs had been stolen.

Last edited:
Synchronize in XD

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I have a nature-related question. I know that in other games the ability Synchronize increases the odds of finding a wild Pokemon with the same nature as the Synchronize Pokemon. Does this work the same way with the shadow Pokemon in XD?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
No - this only works in Emerald and D/P/Pt - no other game has the abilities having secondary effects. And thread is correct. =)