• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Colosseum and XD Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Walrus

I EAT BABIES!!!
I need help. i can go to the area with that dark pyramid thing and the guy called Zoot or Zook, but they won't let me in. i don't know what to do next.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
You will need to get your Snag machine back. First, go to Pyrite town and talk to Secc (he's in the ONBS building, with the televisions). From memory you should have gotten an e-mail from him (although maybe that's after you leave...).

Anyway, then go to the Outskirt Stand which gets added to you map after talking with Secc; you'll have a battle - after that go inside and talk to the buy by the entrance who'll tell you to go to yet another place - there you'll, after a fair bit of battling, get the Snag Machine again. Then you can head back to Zook and get past him (snagging will be involved, methinks...).

Hope that helps.

Walrus

I EAT BABIES!!!
thnx! :)

i was also wondering if there are any extras i should know about. like in colosseum how you can get ho-oh by catching all the shadows. anything like that?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, you can get the Johto starters at level 5 if you defeat Mt Battle in-game, from start to finish (no leaving, and no using the PC which means no changing the Pokemon you use), once each time you defeat it. They come with the Elemental Hyper Beams and another 'rare' move (e.g. Totodile with Crunch, Chikorita with Ancient Power...) - more here.

Item-wise: you can get a Lucky Egg (doubles the experiance your Pokemon gets in battles - more here on how to get it. If you beat all of the Battle CDs, you can get a Sacred Ash as well. Then there's all the Pokemon with special moves (including ones you can't get normally), as well as the Kanto birds.

If you want to know more, follow the links on the right side of the pages of those links, or check the XD FAQ thread. That might mention something else, and also list what moves each Shadow Pokemon has and all.

craigx

Pokémon Colosseum trade to ruby help

hi all i have pokemon ruby and Pokémon Colosseum 1 and i just wana know is in ruby do you need to beat the elete four(soz spellin),and have the nation dex then,in order to trade from this game to ruby then,please help,cheers

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
hi all i have pokemon ruby and Pokémon Colosseum 1 and i just wana know is in ruby do you need to beat the elete four(soz spellin),and have the nation dex then,in order to trade from this game to ruby then,please help,cheers

Ruby: You need (At least) 2 Pokémon to allow you to trade. National Dex is optional! If you trade with out a National Dex, Non-Hoenn dex Pokémon will be rendered as ??? for their Dex No.

Just rememeber that You'll need the Badges to control the traded Pokémon.

(With Col and XD, you don't need anything extra to control the traded pokémon)

craigx

so let me get this rite,i aint got any badges on ruby nor beat the game,can i still send pokemon over from this game cube game then,

craigx said:
so let me get this rite,i aint got any badges on ruby nor beat the game,can i still send pokemon over from this game cube game then,

Yep. You just need to have beaten Colosseum/ XD and have two Pokemon on the transferring game.

Basically what Big Nutter said.

craigx

thank you so very much,bless,well all i need now is to buy another pokemon ruby cos the one i got from ebay is a fake cos everytime i go on it the save file is gone so it must be a fake then,

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i have a little question, the three jotho starters can they all three be obtained in pokemon XD gale of darkness or can i only
get only one even after killing all the opponents in mt battle for the second time?

oh and by the way, normaly i wouldn't ask but it might be an idea to send any useful info throughout VM, as at this moment i'm
busy doing 100 battles in a row at mt battle which takes me quite some time to clear.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
i have a little question, the three jotho starters can they all three be obtained in pokemon XD gale of darkness or can i only
get only one even after killing all the opponents in mt battle for the second time?

oh and by the way, normaly i wouldn't ask but it might be an idea to send any useful info throughout VM, as at this moment i'm
busy doing 100 battles in a row at mt battle which takes me quite some time to clear.
You can get them all, but you need to do the Mt Battle start to finish 3 times.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
i am sorry if this is the wrong place but when can i trade into fr lg and what do i need to trade (not in game need real life need) i really need to know because i would like the 3 dogs and a ho-oh

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
i am sorry if this is the wrong place but when can i trade into fr lg and what do i need to trade (not in game need real life need) i really need to know because i would like the 3 dogs and a ho-oh
You need:

A GameCube or a Wii.

A GBA or GBA-SP with game ready to trade to the other regions

anda GBA-Game Cube lead.

http://twitpic.com/1ygwn is an image of all the hardware, bar a Wii/GC. The official GBA-GC lead it at the top. The Black lead is a GBA lead.

Last edited:

Toastybob

Is this real life?
Ridiculously Comlicated Question

This is a really convoluted question, but here goes. Say I have a Wii, XD, Emerald, a GBA-GCN cable, TWO GCN memory cards, and am at the save point right before Lugia in XD. If I put both cards in, can I copy the file to both card A and card B? If so, can I remove card B, catch Lugia, save to card A, Purify, trade Lugia to Emerald, then remove Card A and insert B, repeating the process to, theoretically, obtain two Lugia? I'm sorry if what I'm asking isn't even remotely posssible, because I have never owned a Gamecube and don't really understand how the Memory cards work.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This is a really convoluted question, but here goes. Say I have a Wii, XD, Emerald, a GBA-GCN cable, TWO GCN memory cards, and am at the save point right before Lugia in XD. If I put both cards in, can I copy the file to both card A and card B? If so, can I remove card B, catch Lugia, save to card A, Purify, trade Lugia to Emerald, then remove Card A and insert B, repeating the process to, theoretically, obtain two Lugia? I'm sorry if what I'm asking isn't even remotely posssible, because I have never owned a Gamecube and don't really understand how the Memory cards work.
It won't work, as you'd have a tonne of clones other wise.

In a Normal RPG on PS1 and PS2 and GameCube, this would be fine. Actually Most RPGS recognise both Memory Cards.

The Game Cube Pokémon games are different, you must use one memory card, and save to that file. To prevent the game to be Copied, the Game Cube and Wii System Memory Card manager will recognise the No Copy Flag on the Pokémon Games.

Toastybob

Is this real life?
It won't work, as you'd have a tonne of clones other wise.

In a Normal RPG on PS1 and PS2 and GameCube, this would be fine. Actually Most RPGS recognise both Memory Cards.

The Game Cube Pokémon games are different, you must use one memory card, and save to that file. To prevent the game to be Copied, the Game Cube and Wii System Memory Card manager will recognise the No Copy Flag on the Pokémon Games.

Ah, okay. I didn't relize that XD and Colusseum were uncopiable. Thanks for answering my question so quickly.

BreakJunkie

Right, I'm currently up to Battle 96 in Colosseum's Mount Battle (and trying to get another Ho-oh).

However, someone told me that they need to be your Story Mode team in order to get Ho-oh, whereas I've got a team registered from my GBA games.

Will I still get it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Right, I'm currently up to Battle 96 in Colosseum's Mount Battle (and trying to get another Ho-oh).

However, someone told me that they need to be your Story Mode team in order to get Ho-oh, whereas I've got a team registered from my GBA games.

Will I still get it?

No, you do need to use the team that you used in-game. And I don't think you can get another Ho-Oh once you've beaten Mt. Battle once o_O