• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Diamond/Pearl Shiny Discussion - V5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinydragonite

I hate bidoof
how long did it take you guys to get a soft reset shiny? its taking me forever........

seviperstorm

!!psc forever!!
People will say things about shiny patches. Dont think it will be true (sometimes is true).

Are there any pokemon easier to catch that are shiny?

Please tell!

Last edited by a moderator:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Any chainable shiny is easier to get a shiny variation of, but apart from that, they all have the same chance.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
People will say things about shiny patches. Dont think it will be true (sometimes is true).

Are there any pokemon easier to catch that are shiny?

Please tell!
Ironically, the only shiny I have is a Seviper. o.0

My highest chain is 22... I'm not very good at chaining yet... Never encountered a shiny in D/P. Are there any pokemon that are easier to chain than others?

Last edited:

Dragonking

Right now my current target for the 4th gen would be Darkrai. SRing after the green guy in the pokemart give me the TRU event Darkrai. So far nobody has proven that you can't get a shiny Darkrai from that event. I've seen shiny one's but we are sure that they were hacked.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Right now my current target for the 4th gen would be Darkrai. SRing after the green guy in the pokemart give me the TRU event Darkrai. So far nobody has proven that you can't get a shiny Darkrai from that event. I've seen shiny one's but we are sure that they were hacked.

Dragonking: I believe somebody said that D/P-Event Pokémon can't be shiny unless they always are.

Yeah the mod, skittyonwailord, has said that all D/P event pokemon except for the manaphy egg, are set to be non-shiny.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
jezz, you all people have so many shinny pkmn!
Im new here and i only have the following:
crobat (esmerald)
weavile (pearl no pokeradar caugth in the same place where i caught regigigas)
magnezone(2) (fire red and pearl pokeradar)
mightyena (saphire)
and the sad thing is that my longest chains are:
1st 47 megnemite
2nd 40 ralts
3rd beldum 33
im gonna try for ralts an roselia, i want so badly a shinny gardevoir!!
wish me luck!!!

Dragonking

Darn, I was hoping otherwise. Well I guess then I'll take Darkrai and start SRing for shiny Manaphy.

SmartD

Today I caught a shiny Starly. I was leveling up my pal parked Seedot on Route 204 then BOOM! It came out of nowhere. I caught it with a Nest Ball right away. This is my sixth shiny I own. I'm so lucky.

okay,let me share my story!

okay,i took a stroll in the trophy garden.after a couple roselias,i find a...

SHINY MIME JR.!

i bag the little guy with an ultra ball. Its my 6th shiny. I decided to train it and it eventually evolved.it still sits in my box as a shiny
Mr.mime. That was my first Generation 4 shiny.(5 others were caught in generation 3)

uLtRasHoT

Veteran Pkmn Gamer
Well, I've had Pokemon Diamond for well over a year now (since it came out in the US), and I've caught a total of 2 shinies.

The 1st shiny I caught was kinda like an accident, XD

One day I was chaining with the Pokeradar on Route 209 or so (I can't remember too well), and I defeated a Bibarel to start a chain. Then, all of a sudden, a shiny Bibarel appears on a chain of 2! I was shocked to say the least, lol.

And then, after I screwed my game up by failing to do the Void glitch correctly (which in turn can get you Darkrai and Shaymin without cheating), I had to restart my game.

Fast forward to the Acuity Lakefront. After going through the tough routes to the south of Snowpoint, I was making my way to the city, when, all of a sudden...

A shiny Medicham appears out of nowhere! No chains or anything.....I luckily caught it in -one- try with an Ultra Ball...it was level 35 or 36...

I'm still looking for my 3rd shiny overall. Too bad I lost my shiny Bibarel, although that pokemon is lame, so it's not a bad loss at all, lol.

Last edited:

seviperstorm

!!psc forever!!
Ironically, the only shiny I have is a Seviper. o.0

My highest chain is 22... I'm not very good at chaining yet... Never encountered a shiny in D/P. Are there any pokemon that are easier to chain than others?

Dont worry my highest is 15.

Ikito

the other day I was clearing out space in my box by hatching all my eggs and releasing them and I hatched two shiny cherubis in a row. though I wasn't paying attention and released one >_>;

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
I've been chaining shiny elekid's for a while now. I have reached 40 twice only to NEVER get a shiny! That is sooo frustrating! maybe I will get it soon.

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
Hey Scot, it says in your sig that you have a shiny gyarados and shiny Gabite, may I ask how you obtained those and about how long it took you to get them?

pokemon ruler

I like NOEIN
i have killed a shiny ponyta and the first catchable pokemon on my first pearl (whitch was stolen) was a shiny starly i did it without cheating too

Status
Not open for further replies.