• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Diamond/Pearl Shiny Discussion - V5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
Wow congrats and also welcome to the Serebii Forums:)

Edit: Funny Sarcasm if you didn't notice:)

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
Hey Scot, it says in your sig that you have a shiny gyarados and shiny Gabite, may I ask how you obtained those and about how long it took you to get them?

Hey Hurricos,

I caught the shiny gyarados as a shiny magikarp one day while trying to fish up a feebas! I traded my shiny bellossom for the shiny gabite.

currently chaining ralts im on 26 at the moment can't wait for a shiny gallade its gona be so cool!

zane master2

iv got a shiny dustox, a shiny beutifly, a shiny vileplume and a shiny sandslash. i caught the vile plume , buetifly and dustox traded for sandslash

Tigerhawk

So this is my first post, even though I've been a member for a little while. But yeah on topic. So I bred a Garchomp that I got through GTS and the egg just hatched into a shiny Gible!!! WOOOO!!! Too bad it has a modest nature :( Oh well, I'm still pretty pumped either way!

And I'm SR for a shiny Charmander. I've probalby reset about 50 times throughout the week. Really not looking forward to a ton of resetting.

Last edited:

davo475

hey i've got a shiny beldum from a chain that i broke the 4 away rule 37 times (got it to 51) but i'm chainning them now and i can't seem to even get it to 20 i need an adamant nature and i got a quiet nature even with schronize and broke the chain because i forgot to switch my kadabra back with my shiny magnezone. any tips cause i use 4 away steps but it still breaks at 5 or 10 my recent best chain of them was 34 i was so angry when it broke

shinies so far
larvitar x 8
shinx x1
machop x3
beldum x1
magnezone x4
mightyena x 9
ponyta x1
phanphy x2

Last edited:

shinydragonite

I hate bidoof
im really not a fan of SRing its kinda boring... i like fishing for shinys. and everyone likes pokeradaring

Tadashi

kiss my greens
im really not a fan of SRing its kinda boring...

Me too. I get bored after 5 resets :x

and everyone likes pokeradaring

Oh you've gotta be kididng me! X_X;;

Well boys and girls, I've been trying off-and-on for a shiny Roselia and Eevee, with zero results, of course.

I got 2 random shinies in August (Elekid and Buizel) both from Valley Windworks, but I'm starting to miss that feeling you get when you see a random shiny cross your screen.

Wish me luck~

Bobby Frank JR

Mewy Christmas!
Hey guys!

MY first and only shiny that I caught was on my emerald at 4am. I woke up early and couldn't get to sleep so I turned on my Micro and played Emerald. I decided to run around the whole region. I reached Slateport and headed towards Mauvile, I decided to take the grassy path. I was halfway down the path and I ran into an Electrike, I thought I was sleepy and that my eyes were just playing tricks on me-The Electrike was Blue! I caught it just incase it was a shiny, and it was!

Anyways, I've been chaining for a Shiny Ralts for months now but I'm not too good at chaining. I also want a Shiny Eevee, Ditto, Shroomish and Trapinch.

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
Me too. I get bored after 5 resets :x

Oh you've gotta be kididng me! X_X;;

Well boys and girls, I've been trying off-and-on for a shiny Roselia and Eevee, with zero results, of course.

I got 2 random shinies in August (Elekid and Buizel) both from Valley Windworks, but I'm starting to miss that feeling you get when you see a random shiny cross your screen.

Wish me luck~

I wish you the best of luck Tadashi, anyway an update on my Buizels, I currently have at least 8 shinies so far and still going, good luck to all chainers out there:)

shinydragonite

I hate bidoof
yes i get a certain feeling of aww and amazement when i get a rarndom shiny. and ok strike what i said about everyone likeing pokeradaring people who are goood and practiced at it for 50+ hours alone on radaring like it.

Cain

RAWR
Well, I was on my way home yesterday and felt like doing a bit of chaining. I ended up going for Snover, and I found the Shiny Patch on a chain of 1 :p. It was pretty sweet, and was the lowest-chained Shiny I have found (After Weedle, Skarmory & Shuckle - all at 4). Good luck to everyone else!

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
Well my Buizel chain ended at 102 with about 64 shinies? Well anyway just checked the IVs of the adamant ones and most of them are suckish and the best of all the adamant buizel was this one:

Buizel@Adamant

30/31/15/26/0/15

One of the decent spitbacks:

Buizel@Adamant

25/26/3/15/14/25

Thoughts?

still shinyless ^_^

Shiny hunter!!!
chaning corsola!!
chain going very well at 33 now,wish i brought stronger pokemon with better PP attacks!oh well,i'm managing at the moment!

AHHH broke my chain at 36! T.T
it looked perfect!

Last edited:

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Well I am soo happy... :)

After many months of looking for Shiny Castform on and off.

Well on the bus home from Uni (Yup i am probably to old for this game lol)
I pulled out my ruby and decided to have another go at soft resetting for it again... Then just 5 resets later... SHINY!!!
As soon as i got home i transferred it to my game.

That is shiny number 4 that ive caught. (I have 26 in all)
(I have Shiny Ninjask, Shedinja, Cubone and CASTFORM!)

Well i am now going for shiny Kecleon on ruby to transfer over to my diamond now.

Status
Not open for further replies.