• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Diamond/Pearl Shiny Discussion - V5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is assuming you care if your pokemon can outspeed another. While it is logical to care about these things in competitive battling circles, it is also not logical to want the best IV's and also attempt to get the pokemon's shiny form, which is always harder to get than regular forms.

I would think it more logical to collect rare shinies, and battle with those pokemon who can get high IV's the easiest. ;123;

Last edited:

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I've got a quick question about chaining. I've gotten my chains up to around 45 before and I was woundering how long it would take (on average) to find the shiny if I don't continue the chain but keep reseting the radar. I know that it can take a while, I'm just woundering how long it takes on average.

it could take anywhere between 2minutes to an hour, somtimes it takes ages but iv'e had shiny patches straight after catching a shiny.

EmpoleonMaster65

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
My first shiny was a Bibarel, randomly found it in the Great Marsh, it was about midnight at the time so i was like: "Eh...? WOAH IT'S SHINY!!" luckily i caught it before it ran away. But i lost it after a few months, i think i started a new game without trading to my other version first.
I also found a Shiny Starly while looking for lv 4 Bibarel and Staravia at Lake Verity. Caught it with a Luxury Ball and a Jolly Nature too! (+ Spd - Sp.Atk for anyone who forgot) It is now a Shiny Staraptor.
I chained Porygon and found 3 shinies, 2 are up for trades and the other is a Porygon-Z.
And now i am currently SRing for a Shiny Giratina. I've been trying for almost a week with no sucess, i hope my Jolly Synchronizer works.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Well, I'm at 40 w/ my Voltord Chain now so I'm getting pretty excited. Unfortunatly, it was yesterday's swarm so if I mess up now, I've to wait till the next time through. Wish me luck, I'm looking for my first SHINY!!
EDIT: It worked!! I came out w/ a 50 chain and 5 Voltorbs. I plan on trading one on wi-fi, keep 2 for my self (one to evolve and one to keep as/is, and 2 for my firends). It took me a good while of reseting the radar for the first, but then it picked up a little bit faster afterwards.

Last edited:

toxiclucario

Perfectionist
i actually saw a shiny the first day i got pearl. and i saw it before i got to sandgem town so i didnt have any pokeballs.

>__>

then i ended up catching a shiny slowpoke and a shiny gastly. yay!

Kyle Clarthy

Why must people have to try and force their opinions upon others about IVs and shinies and competitive battling? I think it's silly and everyone should play the game however they feel like playing it.

Good luck with that Egg Chaining, Pokerealm. I tried it yesterday, but nothing seemed to happen, so tell me how you go.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Goodluck Empleon Master on the Girantina and looks like treeko to. I must say Treeko is the coolest shiny it came to me at only 600 resets which is not much. And hopefully jolly works.

Zane Clarthy~how can u come across a random shiny politoed? was it a poliwhirl or something? Shiny politoeds are very cool and i wish i came across one of them

EmpoleonMaster65

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Goodluck Empleon Master on the Girantina and looks like treeko to. I must say Treeko is the coolest shiny it came to me at only 600 resets which is not much. And hopefully jolly works.

Zane Clarthy~how can u come across a random shiny politoed? was it a poliwhirl or something? Shiny politoeds are very cool and i wish i came across one of them
Thanks and i'm waiting for the card to update.
Giratina Altered Form and Mudkip are my Shiny targets now, but i will be trying the Egg Chaining to get a Shiny Treecko with a certain egg move so i can use a Shiny Sceptile in some battles.

Also any random encounter Shinies i see will instantly be mine lol.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
what's egg chaining?

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Well, I just got 5 Shiny Skitty's this morning. The chain went pretty quickly (thanks to such a wide area of grass in route 222). My swarm today is Absol. I'm going to start a chain later tonight, after I trade some of my shines to my friends for other shinies, so it's all good.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
So does it work, or do they just get lucky? If it works like actual chaining, then that's still some 200+ eggs per shiny on average, which is pretty rediculous.
But to stay on topic, my swarm for today was Doudo (sp?). I'm not sure if I'll chain them or not just because I'm not feeling well.

Emerald 2006

I got my first Shiny Today! No Chaining!
I was on Route 205, and ran into a Gold Buizel!
I finished Training it in the same field I found him!
It's a Gold Floatzel now!
Well, it just went backwards, cause my DS cut out.
I am so happy today! Whooo HOO!

Kyle Clarthy

Yeah, it probably is a little bit misleading, but I actually hatched a shiny Poliwag in Diamond while trying to get enough Pokemon for Pokemon Ranch to get a Mew. He just happened to be in amongst the few boxes of eggs I had. I'd spent a long time last year fishing for a Poliwag, but got a shiny Magikarp instead, so it's kind of strange to think that after giving up and many months later, without actively searching for one, one of them hops out of its egg.

Ammako

There have been shiny reports from nearly every event. I remember seeing a video of someone getting their Mew and Toys R Us (Yes that was on the video.) and it came out shiny.

Hey, Toys'R'Us Mew was a 3rd. gen. event. No 4th gen. event can be shiny, including the Ranger and Ranch Pokémon, except Newmoon Darkrai and WCS Milotic.

To Talface: You will just be wasting a long time if you try SRing for it, and then after 5 years of SRing for Darkrai, you'll be like "Holy Diarhea! This guy was right that D/P events cannot be shiny! I shouldn't had listened to that person that told me they could!"

Seriously. Waste of time.

Just quick question

Ummm
If I save in front of Giratina (in his normal colors), will there be a chance he will be shiny?
Or will he be that color all the time?
Or this is the overall question.. if you save in front of a legendary, they are not necassarily the color you see them as?

groovitational skiing9867

trapeze teddiursa!
yup the chance is 1/8192 and yea its the same for every legendary

VTUSH

<---Hatched
Just quick question

Ummm
If I save in front of Giratina (in his normal colors), will there be a chance he will be shiny?
Or will he be that color all the time?
Or this is the overall question.. if you save in front of a legendary, they are not necassarily the color you see them as?

if you want to soft reset for it just save in front of giratina and keep on enocountering it. and if it is not shiny then just press L R START SELECT simultaneously (spell that right??) and encounter/battle it again until it is shiny.
1st question of yours is yes
2nd question is no, but it'll seem that giratina is only ever going to be that colour because it can take along time to shine(1 in 8192).
3rd question is also no.

Xx Flare xX

I ran into a shiny Palkia by luck the other day but I didn't bring any pokeballs with me because I was busy training my new pokemon team *cries soo much I flood the forums*

Ohwell I managed to defeat it and get some bad exp from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.