• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Diamond/Pearl Shiny Discussion - V5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinystaraptor

shiny hunter
after my bidoof chain two days ago, i decided to chain voltorbs
i succeeded and got 17 shinies until my chain broke at 58 :(
but 13 were modest thanks to my synchronizer! :)

Blazing Charmander

Over my two Diamond files, i've managed to catch a number of chained shinies (Oddish, Ponyta, Electrike, 3x Voltorb, 3x Ralts), and recieved a surprise shiny Misdreavus over GTS. However, on Saturday I finally had a random encounter...

I was EV training my Brave Shiny Ralts against wild Shinx on GTS (and had been for about 2 days at that point), and amongst all of the encounter I stumbled across a brown Starly. I was extremely surprised - having my usual reaction upon finding a Shiny of my heart skipping a beat, but nevertheless pleased, and I proceeded to catch the precious thing in a Quick Ball.

I'm wondering whether to give Starly a nickname now as a sign of affection for being my first random shiny on Diamond. Too bad the little fella's got a Sassy nature though (+ Sp.Def, - Spd). Oh well, maybe I should use him for contests. :D I may also post a photo of him later on.

XXXD

Bored
shinyless, I have a challenge for you. depending on your version, chain a shiny larvitar or bagon - just like me when i started out. good luck!

*sighs* just started chaining (my first time ever chaining pokemon in general), I guess I'm not naturally lucky, cos I ain't got one yet. Any tips? My longest chain is 12 for zigzagoons.

Still only the ratticate.

I repeated this because It hasn't been answered yet and I got repoted for spamming.

Cain

RAWR
*sighs* just started chaining (my first time ever chaining pokemon in general), I guess I'm not naturally lucky, cos I ain't got one yet. Any tips? My longest chain is 12 for zigzagoons.

Still only the ratticate.

I repeated this because It hasn't been answered yet and I got repoted for spamming.

All it takes is practice, really, as long as your following the rules. I remember, my very first chain got up to 37. Then for the next 3 months, I couldn't get anything past 20 :p. But as long as your patient and keep trying, you'll get the hang of it. I sure did, I got somewhere around 8 different Shinies in the space of a week! Good luck with it, in any case.

As for myself, I haven't really been playing Pearl much (too focused on school, augh). I do plan to start hatching some Yanmas again as soon as I have the free time.

still shinyless ^_^

Shiny hunter!!!
i accept! well i have pearl version,which do you get on that?

and WOW i caught ANOTHER shiny!!! just got staravia at a chain of 40 and i'm on 47 now and going strong!2 shinies in 2 days!!

its weird how i've caught shnies but none of my targets!

Last edited:

Darth Floe

Sith Lord
well i have recently caught a random encounter shiny zubat. It wasnt what i wanted for a shiny since Zubat are so common, but it will have too do...

XXXD

Bored
i accept! well i have pearl version,which do you get on that?

ok, on pearl you get bagon, that's the one i got. go for the shiny patches of grass (the ones that sparkle) coz bagon is really rare normally but pretty easy if you use the rare patches. it took me a couple of hours but i ended up with about 3 and now i own a shiny salamence

Grei

not the color
Woo, just got a Shiny Starly holding a Yache Berry, woo~!

THANK YOU JOLTEONJAK YOU ARE THE GREATEST

Fedora

Shiny Male Combee
So, about a week ago I got my very first shiny, on random encounter, and everything.
I share this, because you'll get a laugh.

Shiny male Combee.
Is there anything I can do with it? xD I'm still excited that I got a shiny, but...not so much that I can't do much of anything with it~!

Also, when SRing to get a shiny legendary, will the sprite in the cave/temple/etc have the shiny couloring as well?
To give a better explaination, I am SRing for a shiny Giratina (over 300 times, now, LOL.), and was wondering if the Giratina sprite that you stand in front of would be shiny coloured as well.

Thanks, Scot! I'll be off to SR another 300 times then, haha.

Last edited:

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
I am SRing for a shiny Giratina (over 300 times, now, LOL.), and was wondering if the Giratina sprite that you stand in front of would be shiny coloured as well.

Nope...it will be a regular sprite. The code is generated when you attack it. Good luck!

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
I don't usually post here but I thought I'd report my first hatched shiny =D

I got it while breeding a new team member, but I was reading at the time so I didn't realize I had a shiny until I checked the batch at the end, needless to say I got a nice surprise (although I still don't know what it looks like during the hatching animation T_T).

;246;
Bashful - Female
3/27/17/30/8/5

Hmph. Didn't pass down any of the parents IVs, although the special attack is plenty high enough. And thats another of my neutral natured shinies <_<

Still, a shiny is a shiny.

Piccy: Shiny Larvitar ^^

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
So, about a week ago I got my very first shiny, on random encounter, and everything.
I share this, because you'll get a laugh.

Shiny male Combee.
Is there anything I can do with it? xD I'm still excited that I got a shiny, but...not so much that I can't do much of anything with it~!

Also, when SRing to get a shiny legendary, will the sprite in the cave/temple/etc have the shiny couloring as well?
To give a better explaination, I am SRing for a shiny Giratina (over 300 times, now, LOL.), and was wondering if the Giratina sprite that you stand in front of would be shiny coloured as well.

Thanks, Scot! I'll be off to SR another 300 times then, haha.

Well seeing as how Combee only evolves into Vespiquen when it's female there really is nothing you can do that's of any use for that Combee but, at least it's a shiny:)

blasian amtrax

i just caught a shiny pachirisu on a chain of 14 i wasnt even lookig at my ds properly and dont even remember a shiny patch but i did get a shiny!

XXXD

Bored
i just caught a shiny pachirisu on a chain of 14 i wasnt even lookig at my ds properly and dont even remember a shiny patch but i did get a shiny!

yeah, that is possible. whenever you chain, the regular mechanics of finding a shiny still apply, you may very well run into one early in your chain (i've got a slakoth through this occurence), it's just that the shiny patches guarantee you'll find a shiny. If you find one early on, be grateful 'coz it can save hours of searching potentially.

Rachmat19

shinyless, I have a challenge for you. depending on your version, chain a shiny larvitar or bagon - just like me when i started out. good luck!

I know the challenge's not for me, but my larvitar chain is at 40 already, just waiting for a shiny patch to appear.

EDIT: Got one!!

Last edited:

blasian amtrax

yeah, that is possible. whenever you chain, the regular mechanics of finding a shiny still apply, you may very well run into one early in your chain (i've got a slakoth through this occurence), it's just that the shiny patches guarantee you'll find a shiny. If you find one early on, be grateful 'coz it can save hours of searching potentially.

I'm currently trying for shiny shinx but stupid starly and kricketot keep breaking my chain the highest ive got is 28

shinystaraptor

shiny hunter
I'm currently trying for shiny shinx but stupid starly and kricketot keep breaking my chain the highest ive got is 28

keep trying, it took me about 3 days until i caught my shiny shinx (this was my first shiny)
make sure you have a pokemon that has the static ability, it raises the encounter rate of shinx to 60% :)

Status
Not open for further replies.