• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official E-Reader/Eon Ticket/Mystery Event Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Written, Edited, and Given the Stamp of Approval by Random. If anyone else claims that they made this, I (Random) will smite them with my awesome ninja powers.

Ok, I think it's about time to put an end to the "I have the Eon Ticket/(insert other E-Card here), but I don't know how to use it!!" threads. And by the way...

FOR THE LOVE OF PANCAKES, READ THE ENTIRE FAQ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS! AND EVEN IF YOU'VE READ IT BEFORE, CHECK FOR UPDATES!

And on another note, this is only about activating the event. If you need help catching the Pokemon, this thread just isn't your bacon...or something like that.

-----------------------------------
1.) WHAT YOU NEED
Well, to use an E-Reader on your game, you need:

-Two of the following:
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Player

Should you use the GBP, you also need a GCN and one GCN controller in addition to everything else. You can hook two GBPs to each other, but you must have an additional GCN and additional TV to hook it to. You may NOT use Box to do this.

-One Gameboy Advance E-Reader. This works on both a normal GBA, and the SP. I know, I have an SP myself.

-One copy of Pokemon Ruby Version or Pokemon Sapphire Version. E-Cards were slated to come out for Fire Red and Leaf Green, but all E-Reader support was cut everywhere but Japan because it kinda...y'know...flopped.

-One Gameboy Advance Game Link Cable. There are ends for Player 1 and Player 2. The GBA with your game in it must be Player 1, or this will not work. On my Pelican Link Cable, the purple end is Player 1. I've never used an official cable before, so if someone could please fill me in on this, it would help.

-An E-Card to scan.

2.) GETTING MYSTERY EVENT IN R/S
You must have beaten the Petalburg Gym for this to work. Go to the Petalburg City Pokemon Center, and talk to the man in black by the PC. He will ask for your "Trainer Profile." Enter the phrase "MYSTERY EVENT IS EXCITING" like so:

MysteryEvent.png

And you should get the Mystery Event option in the select screen. (The select screen is "Continue...New Game...Options" after the title screen. Mystery Event will be added to it once you do this step.)

3.) HOW TO SET IT UP

Insert the E-Reader into one of your Gameboy Advance or Gameboy Player systems. On a normal GBA and the E-Reader, point it so the connector goes into the Game Link slot. Put your Ruby or Sapphire into the other system. Insert the Player 1 end of the Link Cable into the GBA with your Ruby or Sapphire game, and the Player 2 end into the GBA with the E-Reader.

Turn on both systems, and select "Mystery Event" in R/S. On the E-Reader, go to "Scan Dot Code" and scan the card with the dot code facing towards the system that the E-Reader is hooked to. If you did all of this right, it should give you instructions on what to do next. Congrats, you've successfully scanned your E-Card!

4.) ACTIVATING YOUR EVENT
Now that you've worked so hard to get the equipment you need and scan the card, you should get your stuff, right? Well, here's how to do just that.

-If you scanned a Battle Card, go to Mossdeep City and find the house with the old man standing in front of the door. Talk to him, and he'll let you pass. Inside will be the trainer you scanned into the game. You can only have one trainer scanned into your game at a time, and if you scan a new one in, the new one will replace the previous trainer.

-If you scanned a Berry Card, go to Petalburg and talk to your dad in the gym. After some dialogue, he'll give you the Berry. Note that you can only have one type of scanned Berry at a time, and if you scan in a new Berry, all of the previous Berries will be transformed into the new Berry. This works just like the Battle E-Cards. However, let's say that you have 99 Nutpea Berries, and you want to turn them into Strib Berries. All you would have to do is scan the card for Strib Berry, and all 99 of your Nutpea Berries would become Strib Berries - that is, you would now have 99 Strib Berries in your inventory instead of 99 Nutpea Berries.

-If you scanned the Eon Ticket, go to Petalburg and talk to your dad in the gym. After some dialogue, he'll give you the Eon Ticket. Go to Lilycove and go to the ferry. If you talk to the woman who lets you on, you can go to Southern Island. It's pretty obvious what you should do from there, isn't it? You get Latias in Ruby, and Latios in Sapphire. Both are Level 50, and hold Soul Dew. This item increases the Sp. Attack of either Lati.

------------------------
UK EON TICKET SET-UP (Graciously donated by PkmnTrainerJ)
------------------------
But you say, "I live in the UK! I don't have an E-Reader! HELP ME OH MIGHTY TIKI!" Chillax. You have some simple steps to follow as well, different from others in ways that could either make it nicer, or make you want to pull your hair out. Here's what you've gotta do:

- You do not need to activate the Mystery Event for Eon Tickets in the UK.
- You need to have at least two Pokémon with you in your party.

------------------------
CONTACTING NINTENDO
------------------------
- Send an e-mail to Nintendo stating that you want an Eon Ticket on your game. nintendoservicecenter@codestorm.co.uk is the adress to use.

- They will contact you with an address of where to send your game.

------------------------
SENDING YOUR GAME
------------------------

- When sending your game to Nintendo use 'Recorded Delivery' at your Post Office. Ask your Post Office about details if you get confused.

- When sending, I suggest using bubblewrap to wrap your game in to keep it cozy and safe.

- Your game will come back one to five days later Eon Ticket-ed and with a letter from the Eon Ticket Team telling you it has been done.

5.) TROUBLESHOOTING Q&A
Q: "When I scan my card, all it says is 'Link Standby.' What did I do wrong?"
A: You put the wrong ends of the link cables in the wrong systems. Remember, the Player 1 end MUST be in the GBA with the copy of Ruby or Sapphire in it. After you switch them, try it again. This should work.

Q: "I used ActionReplay to get my Eon Ticket item. Why won't it work?"
A: You cheated to get it. This is how the whole thing works: the E-Card not only gives you the Eon Ticket item, but it also pulls a sort of "switch" that allows the game to recognize that you have the Ticket, and that you haven't visted Southern Island yet. Unless you can give yourself the item AND pull this "switch" via ActionReplay, you aren't getting to Southern Island. (NOTE: Don't request either code in here, I WILL warn you, and maybe slap you around a little.)

Q: "How do I get the Eon Ticket into Emerald, seeing as Emerald lacks any E-Reader support whatsoever?"
A: Simple. Have your copy of Emerald mix records with a copy of R/S that has the ticket, and voila! It'll be transported into Emerald! Note that this also works between copies of R/S.

Q: "I got my ticket from another person's game, and the darn thing won't transfer! OMGWTFBBQ?!"
A: Relax. You can only transfer the ticket if you got it from the E-Reader. If you get it from another person's game, you can merely use it, not transfer it. This translates to: if you want the Eon Ticket in Emerald, you have to either have the Eon Ticket E-Card and an E-Reader, or know someone who does.

Q: "What do the scannable TCG cards do?"
A: All they do is give some information about the Pokemon. They do nothing to your game at all. You CANNOT GET CELEBI FROM SCANNING A CARD. *goes crazy*

------------------------
THE END
------------------------

So that's it. Not that difficult, but people didn't know what to do. If you have a question about this, go ahead and ask it, and I'll answer it, then add it to the Troubleshooting Q&A section.

Last edited by a moderator:

PkmnTrainerJ

Can you add the UK's method for the Eon Ticket too Shining Mew? We don't all have access to e-readers.

------------------------
UK EON TICKET SET-UP
------------------------

- You do not need to activate the Mystery Event for Eon Tickets in the UK.
- You need to have at least two Pokémon with you.

------------------------
CONTACTING NINTENDO
------------------------

- Send an e-mail to Nintendo stating that you want an Eon Ticket on your game. nintendoservicecenter@codestorm.co.uk is the adress to use.

- They will contact you with an adress of where to send your game to.

------------------------
SENDING YOUR GAME
------------------------

- When sending your game to Nintendo use 'Recorded Delivery' at your Post Office. Ask your Post Office about details if you get confused.

- When sending, I suggest using bubblewrap to wrap your game in.

- Your game will come back one-five days later Eon Ticket-ed and with a letter from the Eon Ticket Team telling you it has been done.

(Tried to keep to your style, edit it as you wish.)

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Nope.

http://www.serebii.net/e-reader/

Basically, there are only a few that work directly with the R/S games. Those are the Eon Ticket, the battle e-cards, and the berry e-cards, which are explained here and on the main site.

For the rest:

A: All they do is give some information about the Pokemon. They do nothing to your game at all. You CANNOT GET CELEBI FROM SCANNING A CARD. *goes crazy*

Hooray for actually reading the FAQ. :)

B

bass_forte

So what exactly happens? Just curious.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
It just shows you the entire text from the TCG card on your e-reader. A few of them also give you cute little mini-games, but nothing that affects your actual GBA game.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
The Eon Ticket was available in an issue of Nintendo Power, and given out at a few events around that time, like Toys R Us stuff, etc. To get one now, you'll really need to buy/trade for it from someone who already has it. Ebay is a good place to get one, and I've seen people on TCG trading sites with them.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Ho-oh Master said:
ok,but do I need a E-reader?

whats the cards name?
You will need the e-Reader, which still sells new for $39.99 USD. The card is called "Eon Ticket" just like the item in the game. The back side, layed out horizontally, has a picture of the black silhouettes of Latias and Latios with a reddish background at the top that fades into a bluish background along the bottm. It has the Pokemon logo in the top-right with the Ruby Version and Sapphire Version logos beneath it in small text. The lower-left corner has the words, "EON TICKET" and the lower-right corner has the Nintendo logo with the text, "The Pokemon Company" underneath it. The reverse side, also horizontally, has a manilla image of a ticket on it with "EON TICKET" in the upper-left, "S. S. TIDAL" in the middle, and "LILYCOVE CITY > SOUTHERN ISLAND" at the bottom of the image.

If I had a scanner or a digital camera I would not have had to describe the card in so many words, but that is what you should be looking for. I would also recommend trying to find a used e-Reader, since you won't get enough use out of it to be worth paying full-price for one.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Yes, e-cards don't have a limit to the number of times they can be used.

Justin

I've used the mystrey gift but when i go to the friends, theres 0 - 16 and no names, how do i get it working?

What i found has nothing to do with what i just said

http://www.pokemon.com/catchem/

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
This thread is about Mystery EVENT in R/S.

Here's the thread that explains Mystery GIFT in FR/LG/E:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99788

As it says in the FAQ, Mystery Gift can NOT be used with other games at all, only with Wonderspots. The link you posted explains how to set your game up to communicate with a Wonderspot.

cxoa

Heat Trainer
Can someone help me with somthing, is there a Japanese e card for any of the tickets barring the eon, cos i got a japanese emerald and wanna know if theres anything else i can do with it, and also will i need a japanese e reader or will a us one work?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Unfortunately no, the Aurora/Mystic Tickets and Old Sea Map were given away in Japan by Wonderspot, same as here. The main site has a page briefly explaining the e-cards that were released for Emerald:

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/ecard.shtml

There are Battle e-cards and cards to change the layout of the map, but none for the Tickets.

Can't answer your second question, I have no idea if JPN e-cards would work using a US e-reader...sorry. ;_;

K

Korby

Eon Ticket will not transfer using Mix Records

nevermind, i'm an idiot *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trainer Nicolas

Hi!

Any idea if where there are wonderspots in Japan and if I can get a Mew there still ? Will it still work to transfer to my US game ?

Trainer Nicholas

Status
Not open for further replies.