• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Emerald FAQ thread! (Includes info on the Rustboro girl!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

b-i-gaskme

Brightpowder is 30%
30% chance of activating? Like Quick Claw? Oh ok, I thought it lowered accuracy by 10%, that's what someone told me... so is it true TRJessie579? (BTW happy birthday)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
I've heard both that it raises your own Pokemon's evasiveness by 30%, and that it has a 30% chance of "working" like Quick Claw does. I don't know which description is accurate, or maybe they both mean the same thing, but it is 30% and not 10.

And thank you. :)

B

b-i-gaskme

cheers, anyway, I still rather use Choice Band rather than any other items. About PKRS, I asked around and then I remembered this thread, anyway, what my problem is, why does it disappear (em) even though I leave it in the box after battles? Is there like a hidden counter of time and when the counter is 48 hours, it disappears? because I would battle the league, and before I go do some other stuff, I place it back in the box because I thought it would "preserve it" but it disappeared (although I'm not dumb enough to not back it up 10x) I still want to know, because serebii's site did say that it doesn't disappear if its boxed

OgLoc187

Salamence Master
Mewtwo's Guardian Demon said:
Thank you very much on the Emerald information, TRJessie579. I am going to relay the information to my mom. She has an Emerald too. Now my custom Wallpaper looks cool. :)

Oh, I got myself a shiny Surskit after record mixing with my mom's Ruby cartidge. I am pretty lucky there.

~MGD. ;150;♥
How did you get your mum to play?!

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod

cxoa

Heat Trainer
nope, only to restart your game, think theres somthing wrong with my sapphire its about 4 hours out!

Pokefan20010

Was Pokefan20010!
b-i-gaskme said:
About PKRS, I asked around and then I remembered this thread, anyway, what my problem is, why does it disappear (em) even though I leave it in the box after battles? Is there like a hidden counter of time and when the counter is 48 hours, it disappears? because I would battle the league, and before I go do some other stuff, I place it back in the box because I thought it would "preserve it" but it disappeared (although I'm not dumb enough to not back it up 10x) I still want to know, because serebii's site did say that it doesn't disappear if its boxed
Either...
-Is your clock on time? (see below)
-Do you save with the PKRS pokémon in your party and leave it overnight? Whether the game is on or not, if the PKRS Pokémon is in your party ticks over from 11:59 PM to 12:00 AM the next day, they will lose a day

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I was wondering if certain items that had a rare chance of raising a type's ability are no better than using other items such as scope lens as follows whether they can be tossed or sold to make room for other items:

mystic water
charcoal
magnet
nevermeltice
miracle seed
black glasses
dragon fang
twisted spoon
silk scarf
hard stone
soft sand
black belt
poison barb
silver powder
sharp beak
spell tag
(metal coat can be used to evolve to scizor or steelix)

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Anyone battling competetively will yell at you if you use those items, from what I've seen in the RMT section. XD

Those items all raise attacks of whatever the type is by 10%. The general consensus is that items like Leftovers and the stat-raising Berries are much more useful, UNLESS you're in-game or in a competition where you can't use the same item on more than one Pokemon (like Colosseum's Battle Mode of Mt. Battle).

M

metaltyphlosion42

is it true that if u go to the space centre and talk to 1 of the peple and he says launch succes and a number of 50 to 100 u will go into space and get jirchi or deoxys

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
No.

The ONLY way to get these Pokemon is the methods I listed in the FAQ.

Buizeru

Where can I find info about the Gym Leaders when I fight them again? I mean like the Pokemon they have and stuff.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
L

Le Rayquaza Made Of Quartz

S'cuse me for asking but when I tried to make my Gyarados forget surf for my reasons via Move Deleter, he said my Gyrados doesn't want to forget it!!!

Is my game glitched?

F

Finnmonster

Jewel Master said:
S'cuse me for asking but when I tried to make my Gyarados forget surf for my reasons via Move Deleter, he said my Gyrados doesn't want to forget it!!!

Is my game glitched?
Maybe Gyarados is the only Surf-knowing Pokémon of yours. (It has something to do with that you can't get further without Surf.) Teach Surf to another Pokémon and try to delete Gyarados's Surf again.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Yep, it's the same problem as this one:

15. Q: Huh? My Pokemon came back to me when I tried to release it! How do I get rid of it?

A: This doesn't have to do with happiness, as the game might suggest (____ came back! Was it worried about you?), but HMs. If the Pokemon you're releasing is the only one you have with Surf, it can't be released. Teach another random Pokemon Surf, then try again.

Surf is always the problem, never any of the other HM moves...I think I've spoken to one person where they thought Waterfall was the problem move, but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.