• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Emerald FAQ thread! (Includes info on the Rustboro girl!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

My new lover <3
Ok, I have been struggling on my Emerald. I'm at the Sky Pillar and I keep mucking it up with the mach bike floors. Any tips? I want to get to the Battle Frontier eventually but that wont happen if i cant even get to the Elite 4...

T

tinypearl38

~Bellsprout~ said:
Ok, I have been struggling on my Emerald. I'm at the Sky Pillar and I keep mucking it up with the mach bike floors. Any tips? I want to get to the Battle Frontier eventually but that wont happen if i cant even get to the Elite 4...

Um, you don't have to catch Rayquaza before defeating the Elite Four. I have already re-beaten three gym leaders, and I'm wondering wherther I really want Rayquaza, except for completing my Pokedex.

Unless you're talking about when you first have to wake Rayquaza up, I wouldn't bother about confronting it.

;384;

Greatone

Cascade Trainer
~Bellsprout~ said:

Uhh, you don't need the mach bike for the Sky Pillar in Emerald, you're supposed to fall through those cracks.

Haunter

Johto Champion
To get the Johto starters, do you have to have Jirachi, or can you just have Deoxys and the other legendaries?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
You don't even need Deoxys, you need to complete the Hoenn Dex with all Pokemon EXCEPT Jirachi and Deoxys.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
After you find Rayquaza in the Sky Pillar for the first time and it flies off, go back to Sootopolis and talk to Wallace in the Cave of Origin, he gives it to you.

When Nincada evolves into Ninjask and Shedinja, the Shedinja WILL still have the same nature as the Nincada had.
Am I correct? Or will the nature change?

.::Crystal::.

djbrayster

Coral Eye Trainer
same nature and ev/ivs.

.::Crystal::. said:
When Nincada evolves into Ninjask and Shedinja, the Shedinja WILL still have the same nature as the Nincada had.
Am I correct? Or will the nature change?

.::Crystal::.

You are correct. Both Ninjask and Shedinja will have the same natures and IVs, and their EVs will be the same, at least they will be when they first evolve, until you start individually EV training each one of them.

T

Trainer Nicolas

Any idea where/if you still can get the Old Sea Chart in Japan and if it's compatible with a US game ?

Trainer Nicholas

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Trainer Nicolas said:
Any idea where/if you still can get the Old Sea Chart in Japan and if it's compatible with a US game ?

Trainer Nicholas
I don't know if the Old Sea Chart is still being given out in Japan, but I do know that you need a Japanese Emerald game to download it. You should then be able to catch Mew and trade it over to a US game.

p.s. It is common courtesy to post a question such as this in only one thread.

P

p-3

i have a shiny nincada.
if it evolves do i have a shiny shedinja too
but i still don't know what exactly i have to say for rustborro girl

;148; ;148; ;148; ;148;

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
ShadowPokemonTrainer - You need to go to Slateport and find Captain Stern at the harbor, that will move the story along.

p-3 - PLEASE review the rules, double posting is not allowed and neither is using random smilies. ;_;

Yes, if you have a shiny Nincada you will get both a shiny Ninjask AND a shiny Shedinja when it evolves.

For the Rustboro girl, go to the link in the FAQ. Then, like it says:

Put in your Trainer ID and choose the type of wallpaper you want. It will give you a completely random combination of letters to tell the father based on these factors.

Lolaroflmao

Expert Egg Hatcher
Whompithian said:
I don't know if the Old Sea Chart is still being given out in Japan, but I do know that you need a Japanese Emerald game to download it. You should then be able to catch Mew and trade it over to a US game.
You can't trade a Japanese mew to a US cartridge, there's this chip thing the Japanese cartridge that the US one doesn't have.

this is kind ofa newb question but, Is Pokerus something the creators put in on purpose, or is it really a virus? :/

S

Scythe8888

Heehee. No, it's intentional. There's no way it isn't intentional. For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it is in fact a "virus" that your pokemon can catch from physically attacking a wild pokemon which has it. I'm not sure of the odds of such an occurecne, but this so-called "virus" is quite helpful. Any pokemon currently afflicted by it will gain boosted experience. However, one a pokemon catches it, it will go away in a day or so, so start training fast! You can transmit it to your other pokemon by simply placing the infected one in a box with your others, where infected pokemon remain infected for as long as you like until withdrawn. In this way, the virus can theoretically be kept alive almost indefinitely, but bear in mind that once it wears off a particular pokemon, that pokemon can never get it again.

In short, it's too complicated to be anything but an intentionally programmed aspect of the game.

Kev Chi

Guardian
You can't by chance get the Kanto starters in Emerald, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.