• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Emerald FAQ thread! (Includes info on the Rustboro girl!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Kevster said:
You can't by chance get the Kanto starters in Emerald, can you?
No. You have to get them from FireRed/LeafGreen.

Lolaroflmao

Expert Egg Hatcher
Scythe8888 said:
Heehee. No, it's intentional. There's no way it isn't intentional. For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it is in fact a "virus" that your pokemon can catch from physically attacking a wild pokemon which has it. I'm not sure of the odds of such an occurecne, but this so-called "virus" is quite helpful. Any pokemon currently afflicted by it will gain boosted experience. However, one a pokemon catches it, it will go away in a day or so, so start training fast! You can transmit it to your other pokemon by simply placing the infected one in a box with your others, where infected pokemon remain infected for as long as you like until withdrawn. In this way, the virus can theoretically be kept alive almost indefinitely, but bear in mind that once it wears off a particular pokemon, that pokemon can never get it again.
you could've just sai if it was intentonal or not, but thanks anyway lol

whats so special about that white rock in mossdeep?

What are all possible ways to get a Salac berry? And what are the aprox. odds of getting a Pokemon with the Mirage # each day?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Mudkip and a Clarinet said:
What are all possible ways to get a Salac berry? And what are the aprox. odds of getting a Pokemon with the Mirage # each day?
When you transer Jirachi to your game with the US Colosseum Bonus disc it has a 50% chance of holding Salac Berry. You can also purchase them at the Coupon Exchange in Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Essentially, you'll need a GameCube.

The Mirage Island number is an unsigned 16-bit integer, so it is between 0 and 65,535. The odds of this number matching one of the Pokemon in your party of six on any given day is about 1 in 10,922.5, even worse than the odds of encountering a shiny Pokemon. If you save your game in front of the man in Pacifidlog Town (before midnight) and don't turn on your game again until the next day you can soft-reset until he sees the island. That's how I finally got it to appear, but it took nearly two weeks of just soft-resetting and not really doing anything else with the game.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
About the Old Sea Map(Called the Old Sea Chart in Japan) question...

I remember that the JAA schedule goes through late July/early August when you include the Pokemon National Video Game championships in the equation... However, does that mean that it's possible that the Old Sea Map will never make it past Japan before the next gen becomes the main focus, and the GBA becomes near-history because of the "next-gen focus" meddling into the equation, like it always does every four years or so since the birth of video games??? I think there's no way to get Mew now, not w/o a last-minute Twilight Princess pre-order offer to Pokemon fans interested in Zelda too... But I have my doubts on that possibility, but w/o some kind of last-minute plan, I think TP is the last chance for the Nintendo of this generation to give us Mew and the Old Sea Map that enables us to get it... I could be wrong, though, as I think there's a few months left in the GBA's lifespan, but that, my friends, provided my calculations are correct, might be a sign of trouble: We may not get all 386 species this generation, but we may still have fun with what we have, and we probably might have no choice but to be having fun w/ what we have, or else...

And Lolaroflmao, the white rock is the rock that many think is associated w/ Deoxys/Jirachi(not sure), but are actually wrong: The rumor involving either one of those two Pokemon(not sure what pokemon among Jirachi/Deoxys involves the white rock) is 100% fake, and we know that already, don't we? Let's move on...

Last edited:
P

PokePaul

Question

Is it possible to trade eggs and FR/LG Pokemon over to R/S from the very beginning of the game?
If so, why?
Since in Emerald you have to wait until you've beaten the E4 and gotten the 'National Dex' first - and you can't even trade Johto Pokemon over to FR/LG until you've done the same. What's the difference with R/S?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
PokePaul said:
Is it possible to trade eggs and FR/LG Pokemon over to R/S from the very beginning of the game?
If so, why?
Since in Emerald you have to wait until you've beaten the E4 and gotten the 'National Dex' first - and you can't even trade Johto Pokemon over to FR/LG until you've done the same. What's the difference with R/S?
From the very beginning of Ruby/Sapphire? Yes. Ruby and Sapphire were made without any restrictions on trades. Since they were the first GBA games released, there was no need to make special rules for what could and could not be traded between them. As the other 3rd Generation games were released, different restrictions were placed on them to prevent Pokemon that were not native to those games from being introduced prematurely. Since each set (Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, then Emerald) was released at least a year apart, it was assumed that players of Ruby/Sapphire would already have played through the entire game before trading with the others, so there was never any need to change the way the games handle trading.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
PokePaul said:
Yes, you can trade the Pokémons, but you can't trade eggs.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
^ That isn't true. You can trade Eggs to R/S whenever you want.

You can NOT trade Eggs to FR/LG or Emerald before those games have the National Dex, regardless of what Pokemon are in the Eggs, but you CAN trade them to R/S from the beginning of the game if you want to.

Kev Chi

Guardian
Just wondering, for Haze, does it set evadiness back to 0? (didn't know if it's considered a stat)

Savage X

dclxvi
I didn't read the whole topic, so sorry if it's been answered but...

What's the deal with Mew in Emerald?

Can you actually get him how it says on Serebii.net and if so without cheating or doing anything at Nintendo events?

What I'm basically asking is will ever be able to get Mew in Emerald by just progressing?

Last edited:

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Houndoom<3 said:
I didn't read the whole topic, so sorry if it's been answered but...

TRJessie579 said:
PLEASE, for the love of god, read this before posting a question! Thanks. :)

See the problem? >>;;

The Old Sea Chart (for Mew) has not been released yet outside of Japan.

And there's your answer, right in the FAQ.

EDIT: And HUGE apologies, I clicked the EDIT button on your post instead of QUOTE, but I think I got it back to what it said before. :/

SuperShadow

I am trying to get a shiny scyther by breeding my Scissor and shiny Dustox, because, Dustox is shiny?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
That doesn't work. From the shiny FAQ:

5: Q: If I breed a shiny Pokemon, will the baby from the Egg be shiny as well?
A: Unlike in G/S/C, where you had a higher chance of hatching shiny offspring when the parents were shiny, this is NOT true for any of the 3rd generation games. Every Pokemon has the same odds of being shiny, no matter what.

SuperShadow

TRJessie579 said:
That doesn't work. From the shiny FAQ:

Thanks, I'm happy I stopped there breeding about yestarday, Know what do I do with all my Scythers lv.5 is what I shall figure out.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
to get to the brains, you need to get a winning streak going. get as far as i say without losing:

pike - lucy - after 28 rooms (two times through the pike), you will fight her
pyramid - brandon - after 21 floors (3 times through), you fight him.
factory - noland - you fight him as your 21st match
dome - tucker (aka fairyboy) - you fight him as your final match in your 5 tournament
tower - anabel - fight as your 35th match (7th trainer in 5th entry)
palace - spenser - fight as your 21st match
arena - greta - fight as your 28th match

Obelisk 1

Defense Trainer
Ok, this is a bit of a stupid question, and one I am sure many of you have seen asked before...but I have searched and with no success.

There have been many different conflicting answers to this as well, and that is why I am still not sure what the true answer is.

Are Dragon-type moves Physical or Special? (As in are they linked to Attack or Special Attack?)
I am quite sure that they are Physical, but it does say in places that they are Special(Including in the IV section of the main Serebii site) so...I am really still unsure of this. Please help, and I apologise if this has been asked already.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
dragon moves are special.

the other types that people get mixed up are ghost, dark, and poison. ghost and poison are physical, dark is special.

EDIT: complete list:
physical: normal, rock, bug, poison, ghost, steel, ground, fighting, and flying.
special: water, fire, grass, electric, dragon, dark, psychic, and ice.

Last edited:

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
flygonrulz said:
I'm having a problem in the battle fronteir, I can never find the brains...ever!
You didn't give much information here, but you may be doing double battles, in which case the Battle Brains will never show up. You have to do single battles and last for as long as you can (I believe the necessary winning streaks were posted earlier).

Status
Not open for further replies.