• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Emerald FAQ thread! (Includes info on the Rustboro girl!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
the misfortune teller (a nickname i've only seen on these forums, i don't think it's official) is the person near the PC in the battle pyramid lobby who tells you what awaits you in the next 7 floors of the pyramid.

The Mighty Wurmple

Ok, thank you!

Qvestion: Mirage Island
(I'm pretty sure it's only in emerald)

Is it's appearance based on your pokemon's ID number (i.e. your trainer ID) or on it's numerical ranking (in the pokedex)? If it's the latter, is just hoenn dex or national dex?

It wasn't quite clear on the page, also I can't check cuz my net's acting up.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
OT#. and mirage island is in ruby and sapphire as well.

Um
Thanks, but... what exactly is does OT# stand for?

EDIT: Aaah, crap, is it Original Trainer Number?
(please no, please no....)

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
it is. why so upset?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
It is actually based on neither as I understand. I believe it works similar to finding shinies--every day the game generates a random number from 1 to 16,000-some. If the number it generates matches whatever the "Mirage Island" number is in your game, you will see it that day.

If it was based on your OT#, then that would give me a 1 in 100,000 chance of being that number. 6 in 100,000 if I get a whole bunch of traded pokemon. In other words, I'd have a pretty fair chance of seeing it if checked it every day for the next 274 years.

:(

1 to 16,000... well, I have a much better chance; only about 44 more years (average) :p

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
... ID numbers only go up to 65535, not 99999.

Zera

lolforumz.
WhiteWizard42 said:
... ID numbers only go up to 65535, not 99999.

i did not know that, thatnks for the info, :D

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
feebas_factor said:
If it was based on your OT#, then that would give me a 1 in 100,000 chance of being that number. 6 in 100,000 if I get a whole bunch of traded pokemon. In other words, I'd have a pretty fair chance of seeing it if checked it every day for the next 274 years.

:(

1 to 16,000... well, I have a much better chance; only about 44 more years (average) :p
The Mirage Island number is similar to your ID number in that it, too, ranges from 0 to 65535. Unlike your ID number, there is no way to see the Mirage Island number or the corresponding hidden ID number on your Pokemon. Once you catch a Pokemon, it is given a hidden number in this same range which is permanently set and will not change for that Pokemon. The random number generated by the game each day for Mirage Island is what actually changes. So, you can take your team of any six Pokemon, save your game in front of the old man in Pacifidlog Town, turn off your game and wait until the next day, then soft-reset to your heart's content until the old man says he can see Mirage Island. On average, it only takes about 5,461 resets. This is how I finally got to Mirage Island after a year-and-a-half of failed daily checks.

Thanks alot... so it generates a random number each day, which has to be the same as a hidden ID number in one of your pokemon. Not such bad chances after all... well, 6 outa 65535 each day isn't actually very good... :(

Why would soft-resetting work though? I thought the value only changes from day to day (on a time basis)?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
if you save one day, then SR the next day, it generates a new number for each pokemon. rather like the Loto in lilycove. i think they fixed that in emerald, though, so it only works in R/S.

and i think whomp just tried once a day, not SRing over and over on the same day.

Hmm, thanks guys, I'm gonna try that now, maybe I can find it...

Just to check one thing: soft-resetting is pressing A+B+Start+Select and the same time, right?

Oh yeh, one other thing: can I soft-reset to find it only on the first day after I saved, or just anytime after 1 day has passed?

EDIT: Also, when does a new day start? 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock?

Last edited:

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
anytime after a day has passed. new days start at midnight.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
feebas_factor said:
EDIT: Also, when does a new day start? 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock?

Unlike G/S/C where it was 6-6, this game uses 12-12, so the tides change at those times, etc.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO

I am watching you...
Hello,

I was wondering where you got the link to the Rustboro Girl password. Because I posted the link in the "recent happenings thread", so if you got it from there, please give credit to me. I would really appreciate it!

Thanx!

;000; MM ;000;

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
1) it will trace the ability of whatever it's sent out against. it doesn't keep it when it switches out.
2) yes, you can trace wonder guard. you still can't skill swap it, though.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO said:
Hello,

I was wondering where you got the link to the Rustboro Girl password. Because I posted the link in the "recent happenings thread", so if you got it from there, please give credit to me. I would really appreciate it!

Thanx!

;000; MM ;000;

I found it way back last year sometime, from someone on GameFAQs. It's been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.