• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Event Thread (Updated on a Regular Basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Staines event on the 15th and got my Darkrai and oddly a PokeRus Skorupi from one of the demos.

If anyone else went to the Staines event, I was the one who got told to keep the noise down...3 times. And the one who was desperate for a Delibird(I got one and finally have a complete National Dex on Leaf Green!)

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I'm not too sure, I'm sure I seen some models around, I recall a Piplup, Chimchar and Manaphy. Then again, I didn't see many being made.

There was balloon modeling downstairs, just not upstairs....I saw a Piplup and a Buizel balloon...the Buizel looked pretty sucky

Pokerob

Webmaster of PW.UK
Tall guy with short black hair, needing a shave lol. But anyway good hear all enjoyed them selfs. Shall look forward to the next one.

Yeah I remember you. ;)
If there is another MK next year then you'll see me there most probably.

*drifts off to continue breeding magbys*

PiNgU

Yeah I remember you. ;)
If there is another MK next year then you'll see me there most probably.

*drifts off to continue breeding magbys*

I usually go off to various locations when events occour! Who knows next time!

Mr Mag

I shall be leaving for the event in Exeter in 15 minutes, I shall be trying to get as many Darkrais as I can, hopefully I will get a good one and I will be asking about a Celebi event which we need. I might take some pictures if I can find anything decent to take pictures of.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Anyone heading to the bristol event tomorrow, i'll be there bright and early, and will more than likely be there until midday, maybe even later.

I'll be trading some PBR magmortar/electivire, as well as some Ranch pokemon. - All uncloned, and as such i'll only be trading for uncloned pokemon as well, but i won't be asking for anything extreme in return.

If anyone wants something of the above, then just find me, i'll be the 19 year old wearing a white t-shirt, blue tracksuit bottoms, and a rather short-hair cut.

DieChavsDie

Hi

Im going to the Portsmouth event, but I need to know a few things:

1) How soon into the game can you download Dakrai? Is it before you get the starter or do you need to reach a certain point? Because I just got a copy of Pearl, and wanna get 2 Darkrai

2) How is Darkrai downloaded? Is it like the Mew event last year?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Hi

Im going to the Portsmouth event, but I need to know a few things:

1) How soon into the game can you download Dakrai? Is it before you get the starter or do you need to reach a certain point? Because I just got a copy of Pearl, and wanna get 2 Darkrai

2) How is Darkrai downloaded? Is it like the Mew event last year?

1) You need to have the pokedex, thats all you need, and you get that in sandgem town, after talking with the professor.

2) Mew was a 3rd gen event, darkrai is a 4th gen event, so it can't be the same anyway. When you use mystery gift, a wondercard is downloaded onto your game, and you then go to a pokemart and talk to the green guy at the front desk, he'll hand over darkrai.

Also just as a note to anyone who doesn't already know;

Whenever you're near a wifi mystery gift signal, mystery gift is automatically activated when you reach the title screen upon loading pearl/diamond. So theres no need to waste the 45 minutes to activate it yourself, just make sure you've got the pokedex, and your all set.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
I went to the exeter event today. About a 50 mile drive but I got a friend to give me a lift.

Overall, how I felt about the event is how I feel about PBR: Good, but could have been so much better. The area they had it in was a bit cramped and with loads of little kids running around, it was hard to move anywhere without nearly tripping over or stepping on them.

Then again, I guess the whole thing was more aimed at them, what with all the face painting and balloon modelling, which I missed out on. I travelled nearly 50 miles. I want my damn turtwig balloon animal :mad:

Still, got the darkrai and that's the main thing. Hopefully by the time of the next event, I'll be able to drive myself.

Mr Mag

I also have come back from the exeter event. I didn't even look at PBR myself, I thought Ash was odd to say the least, I spent most my time restarting to get Darkrais until I got tired and or hungry, the meal I had at lunch time was the best I have had in months, I didn't get a balloon model as when I tried to get one the wern't making anymore for a 'long time' as it was put. I got a goody bag which ruled though the cigarette holder/GBA game holder was an interesting inclusion. Darkrai and figure was the best part, everything else was meh to me.

djbrayster

Coral Eye Trainer
I think I seen you Brayster, teaching some of the kids about chaining. I'm sure I seen KSW around too. I wasn't too sure about the layout with one part upstairs and the other at the front, but my only real regret was having to face my cousin on the Wii, I was hoping to face someone random and see how good I was.

Still, it was a fun time for me anyway, I don't usually see any pokefans around MK.

haha I was explaining to some people how I got my shiny team and explaining how it took ages. shame didn't get to battle you mate woulda been fun.

Jorah

What do I put here?
I'm going to the Bristol event tomorrow...my whole family is going because my little brother and sister wanted to go ack. My parents want to be there by 8:15am!? Whaat. I won't even be able to watch DP in the morning...

I think I've got some shiny Charmanders on Diamond (got it from LG then traded to Emerald to clone) so I suppose I could go round giving people my supply of them XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
I'm going to Bristol tomorrow...my whole family is going because my little brother and sister wanted to go ack. My parents want to be there by 8:15am!? Whaat. I won't even be able to watch DP in the morning...

I think I've got some shiny Charmanders on Diamond (got it from LG then traded to Emerald to clone) so I suppose I could go round giving people my supply of them XD

dancingmonkey

Bringer of woe...
Hope folks had fun at Bristol today. Got there about 8.00. Me and my buds were first in the queue.

Got two D's, with a third to SR for good nature/IVs. Tried to get a few more via the demo tables, but got fed up with the sloooooow start of D/P

Quality of the bags was high! Vinyl fig and a DVD.

Had a fun chat with the staff. We tried to get him to activate some other events, but he said he couldn't. Offered to buy the machine too (not seriously) and he said it was the only one in EUR... crazy.

No animals or face paint though...

gone by half ten... had things to do.

A good event, in a random location, but not enough to do. Amazing how few kids (and indeed people) there were, but we did get there very early! Crowd was 50/50 kids and "older" gamers

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Todays event in bristol was great, i managed to get 8 darkrai, and i've got 5 more left with which I can SR for good natures/IV's.

I did get a good bag, but nothign in it interested me, so i gave it to a little girl who turned up too late to get one, i also traded her an eevee, as she really wanted one.

I'm hoping this is the first of many events, especially since it seems that europe is now getting more attention from the pokemon franchise. With with the first movie dvd release in 3-4 years due soon, i'm talking about rise of darkrai, as well as the first ever dvd release of the pokemon series outside the US.

Last edited:

Dimbat

Arr...
I was at the Bristol event today, from about 10 til 1ish. I was the bloke with long hair wearing a Demons & Wizards t-shirt if anyone was there too. Didn't get the goodie-bag, but nothing in there really interests me. At the event I reset for a Timid Darkrai, got it within 5 minutes. Did quite a few battles too, and the only person to slay my team was the dude dressed as Ash (in a double battle). He didn't use it against me, but he had a Wondertomb XD.

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
Bristol event was great today! Arrived at 10ish and left at 5. Got talking with a lot of people, it's good to find other fans at places like these, seeing as the Pokemon franchise is practically dead around where I live. Will definetly be going to more events in the future.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Hope folks had fun at Bristol today. Got there about 8.00. Me and my buds were first in the queue.

Got two D's, with a third to SR for good nature/IVs. Tried to get a few more via the demo tables, but got fed up with the sloooooow start of D/P

Quality of the bags was high! Vinyl fig and a DVD.

Had a fun chat with the staff. We tried to get him to activate some other events, but he said he couldn't. Offered to buy the machine too (not seriously) and he said it was the only one in EUR... crazy.

No animals or face paint though...

gone by half ten... had things to do.

A good event, in a random location, but not enough to do. Amazing how few kids (and indeed people) there were, but we did get there very early! Crowd was 50/50 kids and "older" gamers

If you were one of the one's first in queue, I think I may have taken a pic or 2 of your backs while I was waiting in line XD I was the third group in queue. You were the one's that waved your DS's in the air, right? XD

I got there at 8:15 I was wearing a beige jacket, green top and jeans. I had my camera out a lot XD The whole line was going to go into the store, but the people told us to go back because they wanted to give us the goodie bags through the Pokemon arch things. It was so funny everyone moving backwards, I almost fell over one of those posts XD There was WAY more people there than I had expected, there were about 35 people there by 9am. I stayed till about 11am.

I wanted to get a pic of the weird person dressed as Ash but he said I had to be in it because of Nintendo or something...my sister wanted the pic so I had to be in the pic with the weird man XD Soo embarrassing. He didn't even have black hair, it was blond. My brother got his facepainted and my sister got a balloon Pikachu.

The goodie bags were WAY better than I had expected. I was expecting a few little action figures and some sweets, but inside (all PMD2 themed) were a timetable, ruler, pencil, postcard, bookmark, Pokemon cards, PMD2 DVD and you got one of those big Pokemon action figures, either a Kyogre, Groudon or Absol. I mean, that has to be about £20 worth of stuff, right? And the bag was very nice, too. I also bought a realy cute Pikachu post while I was there. But it was in the usual poster section, I thought they would have more Pokemon stuff on display like t-shirts or plushies or something.

I'll probably upload my pics tomorrow or something. I thought this event was WAY better than the 10th anniversary one.

Last edited:

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
The blond Ash impersonator's real name is David. He got a bit annoyed last week because ONM forumers were taking his picture and posting it on the forum without permission. He's been proved to be a hacker and regularly uses an Arceus.

navel_fluff

Stone Trainer
I went to exeter yesterday, I got there at about 9am and it was packed. I wanted a goodie bag but they were sold out. I've never seen so many social reclusives and children in all my life. If this is the hardcore pokemon fanbase I feel really bad. Nevertheless it was ok, hopefully the shaymin one next year won't be at woolworths.

Status
Not open for further replies.