• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official EV's/IV's FAQ and Discussion - Upgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar

Thank you for your help. Everything seems to be totally legit (it matches up perfectly with serebii.net's 10 ANIV Celebi). It doesn't say what kind of ball it should be in.. but I read somewhere that it should be caught in a pokeball... which it is. I checked the EVs again and I was right. The first drop (252 down to 100) claimed 27 stat points.

Peyhwa

pls pardon me, if my question had already been previously answered.

i juz found out abt this forum by chance today and newly joined.

this EV and IV concept is absolutely new to me.

i noticed that it was stated in the thread that vVt do not work when the EV or stats is abv 100.

My question is: will a pokemon be weaker if it is lvled to lvl 100 without taking any vVt when compared to a that was fed 10 Vit of each kind?

my charizard is having the following stats at lvl 100:
HP : 293
ATK : 236
DEF : 199
SP. A: 234
SP. D: 172
SPD : 268

i din know that the Vit wldnt work after the stats is abv 100, i tried feeding Vit to my charizard only after he evloved to charizard at lvl 50. but he juz wldnt take them.

base on his stats, is his build screwed by not feeding him with Vits?

Pls kindly advice.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lunar-Sneasel

I'm not sure if this is the right place to go, but I can't get the Generation 3 IV calculator to work on my computer. I've pressed every button, but reset is the only one that does anything. The Diamond and Pearl calculator works perfectly fine, so will that work with Generation 3 Pokemon. I'm new to using IVs. I appreciate any help.

Lunar-Sneasel

pls pardon me, if my question had already been previously answered.

i juz found out abt this forum by chance today and newly joined.

this EV and IV concept is absolutely new to me.

i noticed that it was stated in the thread that vVt do not work when the EV or stats is abv 100.

My question is: will a pokemon be weaker if it is lvled to lvl 100 without taking any vVt when compared to a that was fed 10 Vit of each kind?

my charizard is having the following stats at lvl 100:
HP : 293
ATK : 236
DEF : 199
SP. A: 234
SP. D: 172
SPD : 268

i din know that the Vit wldnt work after the stats is abv 100, i tried feeding Vit to my charizard only after he evloved to charizard at lvl 50. but he juz wldnt take them.

base on his stats, is his build screwed by not feeding him with Vits?

Pls kindly advice.

Thank you.

My knowledge of EVs is completely basic, but the Vitamins won't matter unless you trade him to Emerald or transfer Charizard to one of the 4th generation games. On these games you can use berries to remove all of his EVs and start from scratch. In which case you can give him Vitamins in stats you want to be high to save time EV training. Right now, effort points he acquired while you leveled up have covered what the Vitamins would do.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I'm not sure if this is the right place to go, but I can't get the Generation 3 IV calculator to work on my computer. I've pressed every button, but reset is the only one that does anything. The Diamond and Pearl calculator works perfectly fine, so will that work with Generation 3 Pokemon. I'm new to using IVs. I appreciate any help.

You could try re-saving it onto your computer. Works for me anyhow. And, yeah, you can use the gen 4 calculator for your 3rd gen games as well.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Just wondering, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to make sure: if you leave pokemon in the Daycare, they don't gain EVs, right?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yes, just be careful that the moves aren't accidentily erased.

Even if the EVs are full, a Pokemon won't gain any EVs in the Daycare.

thchuong371994

When my pokemon evolve,how the stats change? if before evolve,my pokemon gain 200 EV in attack so I just can gain 25 in attack or what?

Aquarelle

Staff member
When my pokemon evolve,how the stats change? if before evolve,my pokemon gain 200 EV in attack so I just can gain 25 in attack or what?

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say, but I'll try. When your Pokemon evolve, all of their stats will (usually) increase, no matter what EVs they have.

Evolution won't affect your EVs. Your Pokemon will have the same attack stat at level 100 regardless of whether you gave it its 200 attacks EVs before it evolved or after it evolved.

And 200 EVs = gain of 50 points in a stat. Remember its 4 EVs = 1 point.

thchuong371994

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say, but I'll try. When your Pokemon evolve, all of their stats will (usually) increase, no matter what EVs they have.

Evolution won't affect your EVs. Your Pokemon will have the same attack stat at level 100 regardless of whether you gave it its 200 attacks EVs before it evolved or after it evolved.

And 200 EVs = gain of 50 points in a stat. Remember its 4 EVs = 1 point.

That's what I mean,but here's the point.I'm training Torchic,it evolved to Blaziken now.He gained 113 EVs in attack and 116 EVs in Spd and about 20 in others,but I could not use protein for him although I didn't max the EVs or use any protein before.What's wrong with this?

Aquarelle

Staff member
That's what I mean,but here's the point.I'm training Torchic,it evolved to Blaziken now.He gained 113 EVs in attack and 116 EVs in Spd and about 20 in others,but I could not use protein for him although I didn't max the EVs or use any protein before.What's wrong with this?

Vitamins (protein, hp up, carbos, etc.) will only work for the first 100 EVs in a stat. If a Pokemon already has more than 100 EVs in a stat, you can't use the corresponding vitamin anymore. So since your Blaziken has more than 100 attack EVs, you can't use any more protein. You have to gain the remaining EVs from fighting other Pokemon.

Heracross1992

Hey, I have a question. I apologize if it has already been answered:

I gave my newly hatched Feebas 30 different vitamins, leveled it up to level 25 using rare candies, and then completed EV training by battling wild pokemon. Since I used rare candies before finishing EV training does that mean that I did not maximize the stat growth and I need to start over? I never battled any pokemon until after using the rare candies, but the vitamins were given beforehand.

Larry

I gave my newly hatched Feebas 30 different vitamins, leveled it up to level 25 using rare candies, and then completed EV training by battling wild pokemon. Since I used rare candies before finishing EV training does that mean that I did not maximize the stat growth and I need to start over? I never battled any pokemon until after using the rare candies, but the vitamins were given beforehand.

No you're good.

Froggy

Momentai

After the EVs are given, they won't decrease unless you use the EV reducing berries on the Pokemon. What you did was completely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.