• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Family Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Know what I think? I think everybody's reading WAY too much into things. Pokémon is not the deepest of shows; it's more than likely that none of these things will ever be revealed, and that even if they are, they won't involve some huge plot twist. It is fun to speculate, though, so by all means carry on.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Giovanni is Ash's father because of some facts in Pokemon live
So what is a good English name for Miyatomo?
And who are Gary's parents?
And whatever happened to Misty's mother and father?

darth slifer

mew trainer
i think ash father is lance because when ash mother talk about ash father it is always in an nice way and that he is a good trainer and lance is a good trainer and he have some eldership looks over ash.

CassSept

Somebody said about this being kids show... well, it`s Japan. Naruto is there kid`s show, even tough there is blood (sigh, that`s why in UK zabuza arc was one big slideshot :p)
Anyway, imo only possible way, if they want to reveal it`s father, best option would be brendan... he lives in kanto, he is ultimately strong, he looks simillar to Ash, and heck, Dellia even has brandon`s pic in her home :p!

AnnaCorners

Go! Spice!
Way to double post, here are my slightly disturbing speculations:
Ash Ketchum:
I think his mother is Delia, I know it's plain Jane, but I honestly don't think Ash was created by scientists.
Now my theories on Ash's father.
Delia wanted to have a child. But she didn't want to get married or 'do the deed' so she went to the sperm bank of Pallet Town. Where she was impregnated and that child was Ash.
My other theory is that Ash is adopted, and that's why he doesn't look like Delia and his real parents are the same as Ritchie's and that's why the two look so similar and have the same interest in Pokemon.
Or Ash and Ritchie were switched at birth.
Brock Stonesmith
I have one theory on Brock and it's pretty crazy! Brock's father is defintely Flint, no doubts there. But his mother isn't Mizuho(Who in the dub is Lola).
Brock's Mom dies due to over stress and having ten kids.
Then Fllint met Lola
Misty Waterflower
Misty's last name if from the title of the episode when you first meet her sisters.
Well I think her parent's were either studying water pokemon in the seas around the Orange Islands and stayed there. That's in ties with the whole Prima theory or they just died. Then her sisters were left as her legal guardians.
Tracy Sketchit
His parents live on the Orange Islands
Jesse Rockwell
Her mother married then divorced, due the dastardly irecconciable differences, and killed her father and then put Jesse in a foster home when she went to search for mew.
James Aplentymoney
His parents live in that huge mansion and their names are Hugo and Clarice
May and Mawell "Max" la Blanc
Norman and Caroline

Jolteonmaster2

Ash's Dad: I think Giovanni. Done and done.
Misty's Parents: I think dead.
Brock's Parents: I don't need to tell you.
May and Max's Parents: Ummmm....
Tracey's Parents: Orange Islands. Do I need to anything else?
Gary's Parents: Dead.

dark trainer

ash's dad was a ****trainer so his mom left him or he left her we no he was a **** trainer because she sais it took him 4 days to get to veridian city

Last edited:

Ho-oh's Hidden Song

Guilty Bystander
Heh, I was getting ready to post a question about Ash's possible father until I saw this thread.

I was watching Pokemon Chronicles today and it seems that Silver might be Ash's dad. When Richie mentioned "Ash", Silver seemed pretty shocked. Richie was saying how Ash is just as stubborn as he (Richie) is, and Silver said that Richie reminded him of himself for that same reason (well, not so much "stubborn", but determined). If Richie reminds Silver of himself as a younger person, and Ash reminds Richie of himself, then that would be a connection? Also, Silver has a similar appearance to Ash (his lead Pokemon on his shoulder, thick eyebrows, bangs, etc.). So umm yeah...

Oh, and I think Agatha might be Gary's grandmother, because she mentions how Professor Oak used to be a handsome young man or something like that in the game. But that's the only evidence (if it should even be considered evidence) I have.

The White Eevee

Beginning Trainer
Ash is Lance's son and is going to catch some really cool dragon pokemon in the future. Reasons later, now I imagine.

Ash will find out and try to track Lance down with the help of Max who is old enough to have pokemon.
Max's pokemon is Kirlia, evolved from that Ralts, and is working on a new type of Pokedex for Prof. Oak (Professor Gary Oak).
They get a new companion called Sherlock and Ash wears red and black tights like his father.
They eventually find him and he finds out that Norman and Lance are brothers and that Max and May are Ash's cousins.
Lance had to leave Delia to save the world from a gigantic Dragonite but never returned.

Reasons are;
Lance became quick friends with Ash and everyone.
Lance seems to pop up in every region briefly as if he is secretly following Ash.
They are both great trainers.

Also, Meowth is Jessie and James' child who fell into some toxic stuff and that explains why he can speak and can't stand life without them.

Cool huh? Huh? * bury myself in shame*

Drew Andrews

Contest Legend
Ash: His mom is Delia and all we know about his dad is that it took him four days to get to Viridian City from Pallet (I don't know if that's in the original though). I think that his dad is just a Pokemon trainer and he's travelling around like Ash.

Misty: I think her parents are dead.

Brock: Flint is his dad. In the Japanese version, Mizuho is his mom but in the dubbed version, she's his dad's girlfriend and his mom is dead. I think of her as his mom.

Tracey: No idea. We know nothing about Tracey's past so it's kind of hard to determine. :/

Gary: I think his parents are dead and Professor Oak is his guardian.

Jessie: Her mom is Miyamoto and I don't know who her dad is.

James: His parents are those people in that huge mansion he grew up in.

Giovanni: His mom is Madame Boss and I don't know about his dad.

May and Max: Their dad is Norman and their mom is Caroline.

and then...

Drew: Maybe the pa is one of the Grand Fest officals, ma is Caroline's friend. Shinji's a cousin.

Hikari: Grandpa could be Nankamado (just joking!), Cousins: MAy & MAx.
Mother is shown, FAther unknown.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Giovanni is Ash's father.Anyone have pictures towards that proof?

DarkBlaizeken

Long time no see
I thort i recognised ho-oh
when i played G/S i thort it looked familliar
on the ash's parents thing i agree that his dad mey be off on a trainer mission
OR..... his dad is a secret agent getting closer an closer to shutting down team rocket, that is why giovanni sends jesse an james on those hair brained scemes to get pikachu. From his sources he found out what ash's dad is up to an keeps the 2 dim-wits on his trail so if his dad shows up giovanni can catch him and stop him.
but that is onli a theory..... i wish i could read japanese.
Misty an the others i dont really know....

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Oh God, I just came up with a real crack theory on who Hikari's father might be. Ayako shared a passion filled night with Norman, thus resulting in the cute-as-a-button Hikari. Of course, she never told him about his daughter. So, I guess May and Max would her half siblings in that case.

Ha ha, that would make great fodder for a soap opera. :p Yeah, it's not something to be taken seriously.

About Ash's father... um... I really doubt that it's Giovanni since the FR/LG games offered a hint as to who his son/daughter might be (for those who don't know, it was said to be a redhaired kid). Of course, that's a separate canon altogether. I also doubt that it's Ho-Oh...

I do like the idea of it being Silver as Ho-Oh's Hidden Song previously suggested. It fits the description of his absent father very well! Though, I doubt anything will ever be revealed on this subject. XD

Jappio

Lord of Lightning
OK when i was play LG today i was running around and found the guy who said giovani's kid has red hair randomly, well i then check the fame checker to look at gary and see if he had red hair since i couldnt remember. but i also someone else, who has definate red hair, Lance! it all came together, lance seemed perfect. the red hair, and he seems to understand team rocket, and giovani and him both are good trainers. the only flaw maybe lance is too old, but then again who knows how old giovani is. then again the rival in gold and silver might be, but wait, how could the guy mistake u for him, the rival at that point would only be wat 7? how do u mistake a 10 year old for a 7 year old? there is a three years time gap, and lance would make since. so now i support gio is lance's father theory.

Mello

Serial Fangirl
Well, I recently saw Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery Of Mew, and I've come up with a theory.

What if Aaron was Ash's father? I know, it's twisted, but the movie involves a lot of time-travel. What if something (Celebi perhaps?), had Aaron transported into the future/Delia transported into the past, and created Ash? There are a few clues :)...

1. They have the same Aura.
2. They both have similar hair.
3. They're both heroes and when Ash dressed up like Aaron, he looks pretty similar.

gameboy

Pokeball go!
Here's my theroy on Gary's parents:

Gary's parents were having so much trouble with the finances and things like that so they just left. Moved to Johto, leaving Gary and his sister (who Ash likes) to Profeser Oak.

And Ash and co. will meet them.......... So yeah, the crazy world thats called my mind has spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.