• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Family Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
Ash:Delia is his mom ,dad can be someone in the E4
Brock:duh!
May:see above
Misty:Lorelai/Prima or water people of atlantis
Dawn:her dad is a mystery and he's not mentioned o_O

Hell_fire

......duck...
hmm maybe suicune and ho-oh had a babyb and gave it delia and the klugia was the god father and due to this all the legends honour him and treat him nicely and show them sleves to him.
explains a lot plus no difficult matter for the legends to disguise him as a human
and this will also explain ash's obliviousness to girls and his raging love and devotion to pokemon
so ha i have figured it out :p

Wing

PhoenixFireAssassin
Huzzah, it's my first post on here. :p Finally reached the point in my life when I went nostalgic and had to rewind 10 years and pick up old stuff...Pokemon it is.

I think...Ash's dad is Silver. For one, both of them are equally stubborn/stupid and completely oblivious to obvious things occuring around them. Also, when Richie mentioned Ash's name to Silver, he acted kinda weird and was like 'Oh, ya don't say.' On top of that, Silver tells Richie he reminds him of his younger self, and we know that Richie and Ash are essentially personality twins. I think the theories that Ash's dad is some hardcore E4 trainer don't make sense because Ash isn't the character to settle for what his dad did. He'd want to surpass that entirely. It leaves room for character growth.

Tisis

Psi_
I'd personally say personality growth isn't the focus, nor even a particularly strong part, of the animé. It'd be nice, maybe, to view it as being a more important element, but it's not - Ash's character is, unfortunately, still about as superficial as it was early in the series, if not more so, given the apparent reliance on stock characters and plots.

If, however, the animé had more depth, then I don't imagine Ash would necessarily want to surpass his father, whomsoever he may or may not be - you'd have to get into the reasons why Ash's father is or is not present, the potential relationship between father and son, and the effects it would have had on Ash in his pre-ten-years-old childhood. Ash doesn't seem, to me, to be the sort to want to outstrip his father - given that he wants to be the world's best pokémon master, I'd a) say that he would more likely want to outstrip everybody, suggesting a huge security deficit when it came to himself personally, and b) guess his apparent insecurity with himself as a person doesn't stem from necessarily feeling he has something to prove, nor that he's lacking something and therefore must make up for it, but rather because when you're ten, you really have no idea how the world works and like to think you could be something you think is cool. I used to want to be a zoo keeper, or a farmer, because it would mean working with animals; being an animal carer wouldn't be so bad in the context of the zoo, but really, when I was ten, it was more about looking at animals and being able to say "I have..." than the vocational responsibilities either job would involve. Especially farming, god.

My point is that because Ash seems devoted to becoming a pokémon master for no better reason than he'd like to be one, it's not anymore valid to state that he'd want to outstrip his father, therefore his father can't have been an Elite Four member, than it is to say that his father was killed by a large group of pokémon of all sorts and sizes in a cross-country trekking incident, and Ash's current plan is to trick all pokémon he plausibly can into befriending him before he claims dominion over them and treats them like puppets, making them do things they don't want to do as punishment for his father's death.

Which, of course, isn't to say you're necessarily wrong - although I certainly appear to be saying that, for which I apologise. Rather, my personal view on it is that his father could be or have been someone important, like an Elite Four member. Or, it could have been someone who later turned to a life of crime. We just don't know, and while this thread is about speculation and all, trying to rely too much on logic which proscribes certain possibilities due to psychology and the like is far beyond anything the animé actually enables us to do. Unlike, say, your initial suggestion that Silver's the man we're talking about. In grand summary, I waffled a lot and I really have no point, and had not such a great one in the beginning when I selected that one sentence from the very end of your post, and made that the subject of an essay more, to be frank, about the lack of character development and depth within the animé itself than anything else.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Shinji and Silver/Black/Kamon/Whatever don't look *that* much alike. It's clear Shinji's BASED on him, but they're not identical. If we hadn't already seen Silver, this could have more to it, but we have.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
*cough*stupid topic*cough*

Tisis

Psi_
Yet here you are, ParaChomp, posting anyway - it can't be that stupid, then, can it?

I think in general, unless there's actual evidence and/or an established familial relationship between two characters, attempting to draw lines between two presumably separate individuals is like grasping straws. The fact is, the pokémon world's not running out of people, so, just like our world, the likelihood of two people being related, unless they are introduced as such, is remarkably low. It'd be like me being related to someone living at the other end of New Zealand, purely because we both have red hair, or we're both gay, or we both have degrees in Classics. There just isn't any plausibility to it, and we've seen that from the lack of story development surrounding whom Ash's father might be - it just doesn't matter, and Giovanni, Oak or whomsoever else you've considered that just happens to be some kind of famous pokémon trainer, aren't him.

pichufan25

I think Richie's mom is that woman that has a gym on the Orange Islands and mistaken Ash for her son because he also left with a Pikachu, and Richie also has a pikachu.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Except that we saw a flashback as to what her son looked like and it wasn't Ritchie.

Pearl's Perap

One person, though I'm sure he has been mentioned is Spencer Hale, from Spell of the Unown, he knew Delia when Ash was a child and he looks similar in ways, maybe he could have something to do with things?

Mod_Soul

okay my idea for ash and gary's dad is that prof. oak had 3 sons giovannai silver from pokemon chronichals, that one dude looking for moltres, andanother person. silvers son was ash giovannais son is silver and the other persons is gary. garys mom died in child birth wit gary so thats why is personallity is all messed up at the beging. so giovannai takes over team rocket once oak kills his wife figguring out shes a rocket member and giovvani starts killin his brothers first gary's dad and then he tries to kill silver but he relizes he can't sohe just dumps him off in the sevii islands. thats why he knows of ash and has a simmilar personalitty

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Silver from Chronicles is at *least* in his 40s though. Giovanni's age is up in the air given that the animators seem to vary it (they used to vary his hair color too). But going by movie 4, Oak can't be older than 55.

Pearl's Perap

okay my idea for ash and gary's dad is that prof. oak had 3 sons giovannai silver from pokemon chronichals, that one dude looking for moltres, andanother person. silvers son was ash giovannais son is silver and the other persons is gary. garys mom died in child birth wit gary so thats why is personallity is all messed up at the beging. so giovannai takes over team rocket once oak kills his wife figguring out shes a rocket member and giovvani starts killin his brothers first gary's dad and then he tries to kill silver but he relizes he can't sohe just dumps him off in the sevii islands. thats why he knows of ash and has a simmilar personalitty

Wow, some people have such over-active imaginations...

Oak could be Ash's dad, he seems to spend quite a bit of time with Delia, but I'm sure THAT has been mentioned too many times to be healthy, dirty old man...

qwerty2263

The Hat > You.
Has anyone seen the episode with the master of the ninetails that looks just like Brock? I think it's called Just Waiting On A Friend. I think they are related.

Cackles

I just hope they explain how Ho-oh relates to Ash by the time the series ends...

Honchkrow

I think Ash and Gary are cousins and Prof. Oak is Ash's paternal grandfather perhaps Giovanni is Gary's father as he was the former gym leader and Gary became the gym leader but then again, if you believe then diamond shippers Ash could be Giovanni's son as he and Delia Ketchum went out as teenagers but possilbly they went out until their 20s and Prof. Oak disowned Giovanni as he abandoned Ash as an Infant

eeveefox

I am conviced that Professor Oak is Ash's dad.They seem pretty close in my opinion.
Has anyone ever noticed the similarity between the names -
"Delia and Samuel" and "Delilah and Samson",The couple from the bible (I can't remember the specifics of the story ,so maybe I have it wrong)?Just a theory but it seems like a reference to some sort of romantic relationship.
Ash kind of looks like Oak as well.Admitidly,maybe I'm just digging for clues because I think they make a good couple.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
I am conviced that Professor Oak is Ash's dad.They seem pretty close in my opinion.
Has anyone ever noticed the similarity between the names -
"Delia and Samuel" and "Delilah and Samson",The couple from the bible (I can't remember the specifics of the story ,so maybe I have it wrong)?Just a theory but it seems like a reference to some sort of romantic relationship.
Ash kind of looks like Oak as well.Admitidly,maybe I'm just digging for clues because I think they make a good couple.

i doubt ash is gary's uncle o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.