• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Family Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
As for Ritchie, I was thinking the other day that that woman gym leader from the Orange Islands might be his mother. You know, the one that ran up and hugged Ash because she thought he was her son? Someone probably thought of this before, though.

As for the whole Ho-Oh is Ash's father bit, I'm not buying it. I really don't think they'd do a human/Pokemon hybrid on the show. As for the relationship between the name Ash and Ho-Oh, that's irrelevent, since the name Satoshi has a completely different meaning (wisdom, if it's written with one of the two kanji I'm thinking of). I think... it's probably someone we never heard of. I like to think it's Giovanni because of the drama that could cause, but... Actually, someone sort of involved with the series wrote a few books, and there was a part where Ash's mom basically told him that his dad was a loser trainer who never got very far. They're only published in Japanese, thought, and very hard to find.

And for Misty... I don't think they're dead, because I think I heard someone say that someone important with the show said they weren't. I don't remember exactly (obviously). The whole thing is a little strange. I mean, aside from Tracey, whose home we never even see, she's the only character whose parents we've never seen. I wonder if there's any signifigance to that. Probably not.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
As for Ritchie, I was thinking the other day that that woman gym leader from the Orange Islands might be his mother. You know, the one that ran up and hugged Ash because she thought he was her son? Someone probably thought of this before, though.

Except we know who Luana's son is. We saw him in a flashback, and he had a name. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it wasn't Ritchie.

Mandude

I have a feeling giovanni might be Ash's dad. Idk why i just think its highly possible. Even in the movies with both of them they never see each other face to face, and if it took his dad four days to get to that town(completely forgot the name), maybe he stayed there a while and ran the gym.

Leopiz

Shiny Hunter
Ho-Oh isn't Ash's dad. Ho-Oh is Ash. A part of him, at least.
Ash's dad is Greta, the Arena Tycoon, who is actually a boy.

There you go. That's my theory.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
and if it took his dad four days to get to that town(completely forgot the name), maybe he stayed there a while and ran the gym.

As much as I support the theory of Diamondshipping, this last point makes no sense. I would imagine that someone like Giovanni wouldn't stop after just one gym, even when he was younger.

pokejade

Garchunks
may be ash's father is a tower tycoon. like the ones in the game.and ash is yet to know him. and maybe scott is ho-oh coz since scott came. ho-oh never reapeared

Mandude

As much as I support the theory of Diamondshipping, this last point makes no sense. I would imagine that someone like Giovanni wouldn't stop after just one gym, even when he was younger.

I should have put that a little better.
Maybe he went back and stayed there for a while

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
This isn't so much about the main characters parents as the main characters being parents themselves:

Eagun and Beluh are Ash and Misty, why does nobody believe this. It explains why their grandaughter looks exactly the same as Misty (almost), and why Eagun has a Pikachu. Agate is a village for retired strong trainers and therefore the perfect place for ash to live.

If your main argument against this is that their names are different then I retaliate with the fact that no anime characters ever have the same name in the games - ie: Ash became Red.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
This isn't so much about the main characters parents as the main characters being parents themselves:

Eagun and Beluh are Ash and Misty, why does nobody believe this. It explains why their grandaughter looks exactly the same as Misty (almost), and why Eagun has a Pikachu. Agate is a village for retired strong trainers and therefore the perfect place for ash to live.

If your main argument against this is that their names are different then I retaliate with the fact that no anime characters ever have the same name in the games - ie: Ash became Red.
Satoshi is BASED on Red. I repeat, Satoshi is BASED on Red. They are NOT the same character. If Logan and Setsuma from the GCN games were Satoshi and Kasumi, they would've been named so, since they would be the same characters. Based on that fact alone, Logan may be an old man that was inspired by Satoshi, but are not the same.

The GCN games most likely takes place in the universe of the main handheld games, and if Colosseum/XD were set in the future of the anime world... that would mean the writers plan ahead, which they obviously do not.

Also, I laughed at the suggestion that Enishida is some sort of embodiment of Houou.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Can people please talk English! Its getting really confusing!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Can people please talk English! Its getting really confusing!
There's a Japanese/English reference thread for a reason. :/ Don't be a hypocrite, it's like me forcing you to use the Japanese names.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash's father:Who is he?
Canidates
Samuel Oak
Giovanni
The latter is unlikely as Delia said she straightened her life out after meeting Ash's father

Some guy we haven't met

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The latter is unlikely as Delia said she straightened her life out after meeting Ash's father
Are you getting this from that sh!tty Pokemon Live! show? I can't believe how many people still use THAT as support for their ideas.

I love it how Satoshi's grandfather doesn't get this much speculation compared to his father, if at all. Especially since he was mentioned in the exact same episode. Probably because the dub completely omitted the old guy's only evidence of existence (... the poor man probably kicked the bucket by now, though... So it doesn't really matter, doesn't it?).

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
max and may's last name is anderson? are they maybe related to.....
Neo from the matrix??????(bummmmmm bummmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
max and may's last name is anderson? are they maybe related to.....
Neo from the matrix??????(bummmmmm bummmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaa!)
Where the hell did you get that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.