• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Favorite "Series" Thread 2.0

Which is your favorite "series"?

• Gen I - Kanto/OI

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Gen II - Johto

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Gen III - Hoenn/BF

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • Gen IV - Sinnoh

Votes: 101 45.7%
  • Gen V - Unova/Ep N/DA!

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • A specific sub-series within the above.

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chalkus

To be fair most of those people are probably basing it on the dub. Had 4kids continued to dub DP, or if you watched DP in Japanese, its much better. Granted Brock is still pointless in DP no matter which way you watch it in, but it has a number of highpoints.

I personally think that most of the people who hate on DP are nostalgia cranks and genwunners who seem to exist for the sole purpose of hating any and everything outside of the OS.

And when it comes to Brock, it's true that he was pretty much a third wheel but he had been that way since the OS. Brock was never a primary figure, always a role player. He still had a role to play and he played it well so I think he still should have been in the show. I think Best Wishes would have been much better with him.

charizardfan

And when it comes to Brock, it's true that he was pretty much a third wheel but he had been that way since the OS. Brock was never a primary figure, always a role player. He still had a role to play and he played it well so I think he still should have been in the show. I think Best Wishes would have been much better with him.
With the exception of the last sentence, I agree with this. Anything useful Brock (or Team Rocket, for that matter) had to add to the show or to the others characters was gone by the end of the OS, and I'm always confused as to what he was doing in Johto or AG that supposedly made him any less repetitive than they was in DP. I guess you can say Brock fit better with Ash and Misty and Ash, May, and Max than he did with Ash and Dawn, but that's really it. Then again, I've never cared for him.

As to the topic itself, DP is my favorite series and I think it's the best of any Pokemon show by a very wide margin. It does have its failings - some of its storylines get stretched out longer than necessary, Brock doesn't add anything to the cast, and Dawn's story arc peaks with the Wallace Cup and doesn't really go anywhere interesting afterwards - but it's also the series that handles Ash the best, Paul is the show's most developed character, Team Galactic is a great regional villain team, and has some very entertaining side characters. And as far as Pokemon standards go, the writing of most of its storylines still hasn't been touched. I find more and more these days that many OS/AG episodes can't really hold my attention very well, and I have little interest in BW at all, but I can still come back to DP from time and time and legitimately enjoy a lot of it.

Last edited:

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
This is the only place I've seen Diamond and Pearl getting any praise so far. On TV.com for example, Diamond and Pearl was getting bashed to bits and was considered the worst saga in most of the reviews, so I always assumed everyone hated it for a very long time.

Probably best not to use review sites or even forums to judge how liked a show is. They're only a small fraction of the fandom considering only 100's to a few thousand visit these sites and only a fraction of visitors even post. Pokemon is a series that has a few million people viewers and gamers.

I made the same mistake when i was younger when I hung around forums that hated the 4kids dub and thought everyone despised the 4kids dub. I know now that's not the case. However it is very easy to judge based on sites.

I do know DP fans are pretty much scattered across the net though especially the dub fans. I see them more on social media sites aswell as this forum. You just got to know where to look.

I'm a dub DP fan personally myself.

Last edited:

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
Tie between Hoenn, Unova, and Kalos. Hoenn has nice Pokemon, good characters and development, and really good episodes. Unova had an interesting storyline, beyond unique Pokemon, really good characters, and even really funny moments with the Pokemon (Snivy, Oshawott, and Emolga in particular)! And Kalos. I didn't think I'd like this generation as much as I do. Serena is unique, seeing as she was the only character who knew Ash before traveling with him. Clemont is hilarious, and is like Max as the older sibling in the family. Bonnie is really lovable, and has a gag that never gets old. And all the old Pokemon I saw in this generation was such a thrill! They tried to give something for the people who love older generations of Pokemon something to enjoy within each episode, and succeded. When I first saw XY, I thought, "This is flawless," I love how Team Rocket appeared nicer than the last generation, and they even brought back Persian when Giovanni first appeared! I like all generations, so it was a little hard to choose.

Nodame

Misty <3
I haven't seen much of BW, but I recently watched some subbed BW episodes and I'm starting to like Iris tbh. She's not as bad as people make her out to be. And she doesn't sound annoying in Japanese. I think People should give Iris a chance.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I haven't seen much of BW, but I recently watched some subbed BW episodes and I'm starting to like Iris tbh. She's not as bad as people make her out to be. And she doesn't sound annoying in Japanese. I think People should give Iris a chance.

She is decent, way better than Serena so far for sure.
BW season 1 would also be pretty good, especially for the 1st 20 episodes that built up the banned TR vs TP episodes. The thing that brought BW1 down for me was that they banned those 2 episodes and Ash acting like a newbie moron.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
She is decent, way better than Serena so far for sure.
BW season 1 would also be pretty good, especially for the 1st 20 episodes that built up the banned TR vs TP episodes. The thing that brought BW1 down for me was that they banned those 2 episodes and Ash acting like a newbie moron.

Agreed. They're not banned, just never aired. But, why would a 2 parter episode bring down the rest of BWS1? It's kinda illogical tbh. I'd say my only problem with BWS1 was Ash acting like a total newbie moron and that's it, otherwise it was very good.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Agreed. They're not banned, just never aired. But, why would a 2 parter episode bring down the rest of BWS1? It's kinda illogical tbh. I'd say my only problem with BWS1 was Ash acting like a total newbie moron and that's it, otherwise it was very good.

It wasn't the big reason, it was just some disappointment of wanting to see those episodes, the big reason was Ash for me. Everything else was actually good imo.

Clemont

Gym Leader
Hoenn / AG is my favorite series, even X and Y hasn't yet beat it out despite the fact that I'm enjoying it so far.

I was super into AG for a few years, and so I think it'll remain my favorite. -w-

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
My favorites are Kanto/Orange, AG and DP.

Johto was terrible and the low point of the anime, BW was a mixed bag, and XY is decent but nothing too amazing.

Professor Stan Oak

Not Samuel, Stan.
My all-time favorite series would be Kanto.
The length was just right, so it never felt like it overstayed its welcome, and there was actually a sense of accomplishment back then. The characters were more three-dimensional and were at their prime. Ash was more than just a goody-goody hero that loves battles, Misty was more than just the token female that pulled Brock's ear, and Brock was more than just the horny chef, Team Rocket weren't just idiotic plot devices that never leave the heroes alone, and Mewtwo... just compare Mewtwo Returns or Mewtwo Strikes Back to Genesect and the Legend Awakened. Next, the gags were actually funny and not beaten to death,

Last edited by a moderator:

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Sinnoh all the way! :D

- More plot/story than ever before
- Ash at his best as both a character and a trainer
- Ash & Dawn training/working for their goals
- Pokémon being treated more like characters
- Gym Leaders with a lot of depth, personality and presence with *gasp!* ROLES beyond Ash getting their badges and then ceasing to exist
- Paul
- Cool battles
- A large, rotating roster of recurring characters (and nary a COTD in sight!)
- Guest appearances and callbacks galore!
- Better/more satisfying contest wins for Dawn than May
- Making good use of game locales and keeping filler towns to a minimum
- Badass, hard hitting villains with Team Galactic and *loving sigh* Hunter J <3
- Mixing in elements from the rest of Gen 4 with the overall story instead of screwing up the plot for promotional purposes (which we can't say about the series before or after)
- The only saga NOT messed up by executive meddling or an unfortunate event
- The Sinnoh Elite 4 actually show up (and had personalities)!
- A lot of the original music was kept
- And while this puts me in the minority, I'm cool with Tobias

[spoil] Though to be fair and balanced, here are parts I disliked:

- Team Rocket :mad:
- Brock was a useless 3rd wheel 95% of the time...
- ...which extends to Ash-tachii being its dullest ever
- The problem with having so much story and game elements? It makes the fillers REALLY pointless x_x
- Many of Dawn's rivals, who were just one note punching bags
- Storylines that could've/should've been longer, with some stand alone episodes that would've worked better as two-parters (and some multi-parters that could've been an episode longer)
- TPCI's dub, which makes things less enjoyable in general and makes the bad parts a whole lot worse [/spoil]

I also really liked Johto's third year (the "Master Quest" episodes). Heck, a few months before it! They had a lot of really good moments and it's heartwarming that a saga could bounce back like that :)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
While I do still love Kanto/Orange and like the plot/battle-centric stuff of DP, I'm going to talk about the series that salvaged the anime in 2003:

AG

- The AG series may have single handedly revived the Pokemon anime and improved the series in every possible way from Johto:

1. Ash got more mature without losing his personality, and actually started training and evolving his Pokemon. FINALLY Ash was no longer a clueless kid playing with his cute little Pokepals. Hoenn Ash was the perfect blend of mature Ash while still retaining parts of his OS personality.

2. Ash's Hoenn Pokemon were among his best and most memorable Pokemon of the series and at the time (prior to DP) was his best developed team. Sceptile the amazing powerhouse grass starter who had tons of attitude, Swellow was the first bird actually used properly in battles, Corphish was the funniest pokemon Ash had, Torkoal was OK but underused, and Snorunt/Glalie was fun in the short time he had it. Donphan in BF was good too. Ash evolved every single Pokemon he had but Corphish, and it was fantastic.

3. May. Not only was she initially an improvement over how stale Misty became toward mid/late Johto, she was also a good character on her own right. At first people weren't expecting much from May since we weren't sure what they were going to do with her, but then they actually started developing her as a trainer and battler. Once the Contest arcs got underway, she had probably the best chemistry and character interaction with her rivals in the animes history. Even to this day I think she has the best rivals for a female companion in the series. May is one of the few characters whose personality consistently grows and changes throughout every season she's in, and her personality is also the most realistic since there weren't many gimmicks or catch phrases added to her like they did for other females. Her interactions with her brother were also nice. She had some great battles over the course of the anime too. She wasn't handled perfectly as she had some cheap wins, but I liked how she even developed way into late BF and into DP. Veronica Taylor was also a great english VA for her for Hoenn.

4. Drew was a great rival for May whether you care about shipping or not. Harley on the other hand is probably the greatest rival of all time. I'd probably place him as my second favorite rival in the entire series in general. They will probably never top him.

5. The pacing from Johto improved. Unlike Johto, Hoenn speeds by. The gaps between the Gyms and filler never gets too unbearable and the saga is over before you know it. Thank god Hoenn wasn't dragged out.

6. Battle Frontier was a great way to wrap up the series. Ash battles stronger trainers, brings back old Pokemon, and actually "wins" something for the first time since Orange. May getting a second Contest arc was nice too especially since Dawn didn't get to have a second one.

Now the bad:

- Team Magma and Aqua's finale. Why this was messed up is beyond me. The build-up and some of the early episodes were good, but the finale....what happened there?

- Some cheap/dues ex wins for both Ash and May along the way. I don't mind this as much as others but it needs to be said.

- Brock and Max had to compete for screentime and often times both got ignored, but at least the writers didn't completely ignore or neglect a character like DP-era Brock.

- Team Rocket weren't as funny as the OS, I did still find them funny at times, but this was the start of their decline. Thankfully though they're nowhere as bad here as they get in DP or later on. I also liked Jessie getting involved in Contests and Seviper and Cacnea were great.

AG was such an influencial that it literally impacted every gen that came after it. DP continued AG's formula of a female co-star and Contests and refined it, and now XY is literally AG re-skinned with similar group dynamics, pacing and everything.

It seems like AG is the new "roots" of the series ever since Takeshi Shudo left in mid-Johto. Given that the classic and old-school AG series is now a decade old, it makes sense.

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

Recently i was thinking about all ups and downs each pokemon series had and i have to confess that in my eyes Original series(Kanto, Orange Islands,Johto) as groundbreaking point from where everything started were better and superior in many aspects over future sagas.

With Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto deserving in my eyes all respect and recognition they can get for things ill mention down below:

Because things writers did right in first and second generation were nothing short of spectacular when talking about frames under which pokemon series and characters are written, or how far they can go with certain subjects in kids oriented show balancing out skillfuly mature and immature elements present in it.

Not being overrated to say this at all with newer generations taking deterioration and change for worse in this fields imo:

I liked humor and mature, deep elements of storyline OS was famous for which we never really had chance to experuence in Hoenn, Sinnoh etc.

How unlike its case nowadays with games being followed much more closely in this day and age which while having its advantages, also takes away from originality and unpredictability of story constructing, untangling of adventure and challenges protagonists are faced with on daily basis.
Craddle of pokemon avoided with writers adding more of their own touch and creativity into whole anime plot, characterization and writing style series folowed at that time.

Such as whole Mewtwo backstory which contained pretty dark and deep plot even for pokemon standards. Being treated as guinea pig exposed to torture and numereous tests resulting in accumulating hatred and developing perception of whole mankind being immoral, greedy and cruel killing all scientists Questioning his reason for living and touching on concept of death.

This was especially exposed in prequel to movie with little Amber which spent her whole(short)life in test tube as result of desperate attempt of dr. Fuji to bring his dead daughter back to life. Encouraging Mewtwo to keep on living and experience all of its good and bad sides, something she will never have chance to do after realizing how end is near dying shortly afterwards which left deep psychological trauma on this pokemon and way he looks at world.

Receiving sequel in Johto through Giovanni launching massive operation in finding Mewtwo and his clone brethen. Diving deeper in mewtwo thoughts, conceot of death, will there ever be peace and place where he could live far away from humans, being painfully aware of being viewed as outcast.

I genuinely enjoyed how formuka of pokemon series during Kanto/Johto was much more revolved on adventure aspect, world building, explore of its all living creatures, cultures and civilizations told through Ash, Misty and Brock.

Group of friends which developed such close level of understanding, compassion and empathy that no other cast managed to replicate. Not even close to such natural, unforced, spontaneous, fiery and backed with lot of comedy, wisecracks and zeal dynamic like those three did. They felt like actual family which treasured each and every moment spent together, got familiar with their flaws and helped flesh out various personality sides out of themselves resulting in such chemistry and level of attachment that they were heartbroken when having to split at end of Johto.

Yeah sure development of someone dreams and career wasn't one of Original series stronger points. But if there is something in which Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto thrived was faithful and endearing is portrayal of character personalities in my opinion. Dealing with pychological issues and trauma which marked someone as person and character. Fleshing out of their most hidden thoughts, motives and fears.

This can be noticed in delivering unique and pretty mature backstories for Ash traveling companions and way their personalities were designed(Misty and Brock). Containing lot of memorable traiits, distinguish quirks and extra depth added to characterization(especially in Misty case).

Such as Brock past of parents leaving him and younger siblings, needing to adapt and take rore of surrogate father. Someone who had to sacrifice his own dreams of being breeder and exploring world developing great deal of responsibility and protective feelings toward younger brother and sisters. When in reality he was just confused, young teen wanting to escape from that kind of life and experience what world can offer to him.

Misty growing up in pretty gloomy and sad surrounding losing parents at very young age. Being ridiculed and underestimated by everyone with sister behavior and neglect causing her to become rough and mistrustful person, creating facade to hide her own vulnerability and weakness she had as person and trainer in reality being scared and lonely character which wanted to be recognized for her qualities and experience love she never had neither from poarents or her relatives). Which can be noticed through various instances such as sitting in corner of dark room with left overs and ruptured toys being treated as outcast while older sisters had all the fun.

When she almost ended eaten alive by Gyarados as baby because of lack of care those three provided for her.

Being able to feel sympathy and understanding for others in similar situation telling how she never had anyting for herself, how she was degraded as ugliest, untalented and useless member of family having emotional struggles, coping with it and developing need to be independent and headstrong. Due to experiences from past not wanting to receive pity and depend on anyone.

Giving to us various pretty tame stories such as of 200 years old Ninetales from Johto waiting for its master, not realizing it has died.

Gym leader Price enduring injuries from fireblast in his younger age to protect his Piloswine. Turning over the years in distanced, cold and embittered person who lost faith in treating pokemon as your partners and friends after thinking Piloswine abandoned him in past after everything he did for him.

First and only case of character with serious mental disorder, concept of split personality through Sabrina which became psychotic because of being treated as outcast and feared by everyone through her childhood, developing pleasure and genuine need to hurt others.

Apocalyptic like scenarios such as giant Akakazam and Gengar threatenig to destroy world diving in story of ancient civilizations.

Portraying pokemon world as more dangerous, diverse and realistic place to live in. Where there doesnt bloom just rainbow and sunshine. But actual challenges, difficulties and hazard situations where you can easily be hurt , even killed if you dont learn how to take care of yourself quickly.

Real use of fire arms, guns, tanks, bazookas or bombs. Such as in giant Tentacruel invading Porta Vista city. Pokemon ranger pointing gun at Ash starting to fire, same with TR putting gun on ranger head. Rocket trio using bombs and explosives, or Ash and co meeting officer Jenny which developed special squad in fighting criminals with fire arms through Growlith disabling thief.

Only further reinforce on what i said.

Thats not implying how Original series dealt with tragedy, cruelty and murky topics. Far from it, but i feel it contained certain level of depth and maturity in its storyline so that progression of characters and narrative would feel appealing and accesible not just to young kids, but teenagers, adults and people from all age groups.

With Takeshi Shudo having noble vision of turning pokemon series in independent product with its own structure, storytelling and protagonists which are essential part of journey and exploration of plots. Becoming family oriented anime, rather than show aimed at preschool children.

He wanted pokemon anime which has stable cast which sticks together and form part of some bigger storyline everyone try to resolve while puirsuing their dreams and ambition growing through it. Group of protagonists with complexity to their emotions, friends which depends on each other, support themselves and make them feel relevant and significant to anime with their impact on show meaning something in longer run.

Tangible storytelling which experience no resets with Ash and others maintaining previous maturity, knowledge and collected experience applying it to new situations and going through deeper, multi dimrnsionasl growth evolving as persons and trainers. With stoiry buiulding on itself and going firward with games not dictating its pace and way progression would be constructed to such visible degree like it became apparent from AG and onwards.

Most of all he wanted that Jessie, James and Meowth are treated as more than just punching bags, comic relief. Integral and influencing characters to pokemon plot which have their place and bigger role in pokemon universe.

Because of that fact alone i have lot of appreciation for mr. Shudo ideas, because he had was genius in telling original, built with imagination adventure and knew how to properly convey on screen emotions, fears and deep complex interactions going between characters.

I dont condone some of actions and poorly executed plans having his faiur share of flaws, but out of respect in memory of him and his death i wont muck his work(rest in peace Takeshi Shudo) .

On side note its interesting to know how his legatee mr. Atsuhiro Tomioka origins as pokemon writer started in Kanto doing script for several episodes and expansion of Brock and Misty story. For her more notably during Master Quest or in Hoenn appearances.

One of first head writer strongest points was ability to bring lot of expression and touching heartwarming moments enriching on experience of adventure and direction in which you as viewer would feel invested in. Developing sympathy and attachment to characters and pokemon. Forcing other writers and rest of crew to follow same principle in piuting enthusiasm and passion in their work.

Through highly memorable, evoking episods. Such as release of Buttterfree, Charizard, temptation of how strong bond between Ash and Pikachu is almost separating from each other. Death of Latios in unselfish act to protect Alto Mare city.

Jessie reuniting with school friend Blissey with heart shaped medallion break in half symbolizing on un breakable friendship existing between them. Misty childhood dreams being burst into bubble when nurse Joy and everything she believed and respected about her turned out to be lie and deceive making her burst into tears.

Young maiden in form of spirit staying faithful to her love even after death patiently waiting for him. Ash,Misty and Brock having to break apart in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" which was filled with sadness, emotion and organic, memorable display of feelings, doubts and questioning if they will manage to go on their own.

Now im not denying how in AG, DP, BW as well there didnt existed darker, more nuanced elements of story(such as cruel and sadistic Hunter J, Cyrus from Team Galactic, king of pokelantis from Hoenn posessing Ash body, N trying to release pokemon from human influence etc).

However im of opinion how Johto, Kanto and Orange islands had much higher dose of such elements in their setting and way journey would be told.

More original and inspiring storylines which didnt followed anything from games coming of as fresh, playful product of writers imagination. Trying out various ideas and kinky additions which brought lot of suspension, excitement and diversity to storyline.

This can be evidenced through completely independent arcs in form of Orange Islands which radiated with pirate like atmosphere. Featuring hidden bays, haunted ships in mist telling story of dead captain (who was once champion of Orange league). Real Pirates attacking on open sea etc.

Whirl islands featuring prestigue water tournament which draws connection to ancient times , past water pokemon masters and magical items which can awaken energy of all sea creaures at one place. Along with all its hidden mysteries such as refuge for Lugia and its baby.

Story behind dragon temple, old Dragonite which prpotected dragon land and mouning over dead master during introduction of Clair.
Unique ways of seeing someone combining technology with pokemon training and how to maximize pokemon strength and speed in most optimal way. Such as trainer Shingo using laptop and computer program based on info collected about pokemon to calculate outcome of match when using his Scizor.
Awakening of prehystoric pokemon Aerodactyl from centuries long sleep influencing Charmeleon evolution.
Hilarious pokemon like Jigglypuff, Snubull or Delibird becoming recurring characters and delivering lot of hilarious moments and enjoyable situations with their mischief antics.

Not to mention big bonus points for OS being my favorite is fact that Misty was still in anime. Viewing her as excellent source of conflict, humor and drama.

Series may have evolved in some ways after she left, but also lost that identity, emotion and playful fiery charm Misty brought.
With many feeling group interactions, anime tone and story in general took step for worse after she got replaced depriving people of continuation of her water master goal and love for water types, background and various motives we learned during journey staying unfinished. Story which had certain mystery and creativity put into it since it didnt rely on game elements like contests and allowed writers liberty of making various interpretations. Potential to deliver just as equally , if not even more interesting plot than contests were of discovering someone dreams and goals(one of ways was in becoming E4 member apprentice following her idol footsteps and serving as build up to water career as fresh, completely new way of following growth of trainer on screen).

I'm going to talk about the series that salvaged the anime in 2003:

AG

- The AG series may have single handedly revived the Pokemon anime and improved the series in every possible way from Johto:

I admit i dont often see statement of AG being saga which "saved pokemon series". I more often than not see online claims how pokemon anime jumped shark around Hoenn ever since Misty was replaced.

Now i dont agree with that, but i can see why to some quality of pokemon series dropped without this character around. Wuith Hoenn lacking that humor, wide rande of emotions, strong filled with lot of live dynamic between characters and identity Misty presence brought.

May was great character who brought something new and groundbreaking in show, dont get me wrong. But anime did lacked some of charm it used to have when orivginal grouop got disband imo and many were interested in previous female lead dreams and stiry being expolored more exuding with mystery and lot of fresh ideas which could have seen light of day in combination with water themes Hoenn was known for..

3. May. Not only was she initially an improvement over how stale Misty became toward mid/late Johto, she was also a good character on her own right.

Thats debatable, and please do bear in mind how not everyone think Misty because of maturing changed for worse becoming "stale character".

Just like you view May development as change for better and im in agreement on that. To many Misty maturity didn't turned her in worse character either, with chronicles and later appearances in Hoenn further showing how this was only positive for her further character development bringing more depth to her personality.

Finding interesting to see her in different kind of light portrayed not stagnating or ending flanderized gaining new traits and quirks while keeping her true core becoming stronger, better person. Radiating with new optimism, compassion and tough attitude being resourceful. While keeping her sarcasm, rebellious nature, playful silly aspect of hers and adventurous competitive side.

Last edited:
My all-time favorite series would be Kanto.
The length was just right, so it never felt like it overstayed its welcome, and there was actually a sense of accomplishment back then. The characters were more three-dimensional and were at their prime. Ash was more than just a goody-goody hero that loves battles, Misty was more than just the token female that pulled Brock's ear, and Brock was more than just the horny chef, Team Rocket weren't just idiotic plot devices that never leave the heroes alone, and Mewtwo... just compare Mewtwo Returns or Mewtwo Strikes Back to Genesect and the Legend Awakened. Next, the gags were actually funny and not beaten to death,
This...so much this...and the gags not being beaten to death bit made me crack up at how true it is!

Last edited:

Aqua Grunt

Hoenn Trainer
Hoenn was my favorite, the pokemon were cool looking and I really enjoyed May, she has been my favorite female character in regards to traveling with Ash

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Personally I love Unova whole series! Because Iris and Cilan are interesting character, also Cilan is extremely entertaining, his voice actor in Japanse is extremely famous, and his similarities toward Tsukiyama Shuu from Tokyo Ghoul Anime. And Iris, she was voiced by Madoka Kaname's seiyuu makes me heart-throbing to watch BW series. And of course Trip, the main rival, his face and his personality made me fall in love with him. Since Don Battle started and Subway arc, I was having more passion to watch BW series. The most interesting was rivals characters (Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Burgundy, Luke, Georgia, Montgomery, Cameron, and Virgil), N, Subways, Alder (he was kinda funny Not gomen to say Takakazu Abe Yaranaika guy lol , plus Cheren sppearing in Season 2 episode N arc voiced by Takuya Eguchi who voiced Hachigaya, William Twining, and Ryoma Ichijou.
The stories are interesting, but dropped in Decolora, because other important characters did nothing in Decolora arc.
BW series is the ONLY Pokemon Anime series that I've focusly watched from begining to the end.

Last edited:

Master Aboody

Pokemon Master
I like kanto, because I like how team rocket was funny, and ash wasn't very serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.