• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Favorite Series Thread

Which series do you like more?

• Kanto

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Unova/BW

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite: OS/Orange Islands
Least Favorite: DP/Sinnoh

Favorite to Least Favorite: OS/OI (Loved It/Excellent) --> OS/Johto (Oh blah, blah, BLAH-- filler this, filler that, no one gives a crap-- I Liked It/Awesome) --> AG/Hoenn (Pretty good, but hated the character replacement trend it started) --> OS/Kanto (The original and still good after all these years-- it holds up really well and I still love it) --> AG/Battle Frontier (Okay...Kinda boring, but okay) --> BW/Unova (Writers don't know WTF they are doing) ---> DP/Sinnoh (Epitome of boring for me, and way too dull and monotone-- characters aren't relatable and in fact come off as really shallow and self-centered to me)

Overall, I think the Anime's biggest downfall is that it is never-ending, because with each new Pokemon region introduced in each new game, the anime will follow. I feel like they need to get rid of Team Rocket completely, I cannot believe how they never have been replaced, and I can't believe how no one is sick of them. I don't like how Ash apparently does not age at all, he was 10 during the very first episode where he left Pallet with Pikachu, and he is 10 during the Unova saga too, apparently. It just makes it seems that the anime has no real story, like it's just there to make money or they are afraid to cancel it, ever since the start of Advanced Generation, it just seems like they are wiping the slate clean with each new region and forgetting everything from past seasons.

I have to agree with you 100% on this one.

Oh, I'm VERY sick of Team Rocket myself. Just seeing them makes me sick to my stomach. :/

The OS are the best. I enjoyed watching them back then, it brings me good memories, it`s classic...Ash`s original team... then butterfree left, primeape, pidgeot, charizard, squirtle and bulbasaur(I know that he used them but it was never the same)
johto series were not good for me(except the silver conference championship)

Liked Hoenn because of May, really)
Sinnoh were too long and I didn`t like seein Darkrai and Latios in battle
Black and white ruined all...no Brock, others...new attacks(for example pikachu`s quick attack, iron tail and thunderbolt look awful)
and I am sure(unfortunately)that ash won`t recall his old pokemon in championship

So...OS and AG

This guy knows what's he's talking about, IMO. :D

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
OS > BW ( Dont judge , some bw episode make me laugh( of course there no team rocket in it ) and i don't remember where the last time i laugh when i watch pokemon = Johto ( what ever it is filler or not is good and i like it ) > AG ( May Rivarly and character development so ash character make this saga enjoyable even some episode is bad)> DP ( I like this saga where ash is more competent but i just cant stand some of rival , and some of rival made debut in anime so late ( ursula , i wish her beat dawn once at least ) and mary zoey :D i just dont like her since i considered her as dawn main rival

NPT

Just a member
I like the Sinnoh series best, so I voted for Sinnoh.
- I liked how Ash was shown as a mature trainer, he actually used strategies in battles.
- His rivalry with Paul was intersting and their battles were awsome.
- Dawn's contests were a nice sub-plot.
-The Team galactic saga was epic.
- Cynthia was awsome.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
1. The Battle Frontier-The BF is my favorite series. Most of the episodes interest me and the battles were really great. I also like that May and her rivals got a little more focus than in Hoenn. Also Charizard and the other older Pokemon returned.

2. DP-My 2nd favorite series. Dawn and Paul were introduced, this series had the best battles, and the character development and plots were awesome.

3. Hoenn-This would be my 3rd favorite series. I enjoyed most of the episodes, especially later in the series. The battles were pretty good and also May's contest sidequest was introduced.

4. Kanto-This series was pretty good. There was lots of humor and Charizard starred in a lot of battles. Most of the battles weren't really that great though.

5. BW2: EN- A pretty good mini series. It introduced N and Team Plasma into the anime and was a little more plot driven than BW, BW2 and BW DA!. The battles though were also a little better than those 3 series, but they still weren't that good imo.

6. Orange Islands-A pretty cool idea for a filler arc, but I don't really remember much about it.

7. Johto-I didn't really like Johto that much at all tbh. There were too many boring filler episodes, which got me bored of the series and the battles weren't that great either. Both Misty and Brock just stood in the background doing nothing and we barely had any character development episodes. The League and the Whirl Cup tournaments were pretty good though.

8. BW-I don't like it at all for most of the reasons I listed in Johto. Also Ash gets regressed to a horrible level. The TR vs TP episodes also got banned indefinitely and we never got to see the Team Plasma and N from the BW1 games, which was better than BW2 Team Plasma imo.

9. BW2-I didn't like anything about this series. The Junior cup, the league, and Dawn's cameo were horribly handled. The battles were also awful and were way too rushed.

10. BW2:DA!-This is the worst series imo. It's mostly boring filler imo and most of the reasons that I've listed for the last 3 series apply here as well.

thetamale

I voted Sinnoh. I think up until Sinnoh each series kept getting better. All of the characters were more mature and episodes were just great fun even when they had no events of consequence in them. Dawn is my favourite of the female companions, May's second - I really enjoyed the contests. I feel like they need to make a comeback.

BW was a bit of a hiccup in my opinion but eventually it made up for it, recurring characters like Stephan who is my favourite from BW, then in Cynthia's villa with Dawn's return and Operation Tempest all was forgiven.

raymaxxp

While Sinnoh's regional pokemon are definitely the worst ever , those 3 seasons were the best. Great characters, great pokemon, great league.

ASH’S AGEING IN POKÉMON (My Ideal Timeline)

Kanto Region: 4 Months (10)
Orange Islands: 4 Months (10)
Johto Region: 1 Year (10-11-11)

Hoenn Region: 1 Year (11-12-12)
Battle Frontier: 4 Months (12)
Sinnoh Region: 1 Year & 4 Months (13-13-13-14)

Unova Region: 10 Months (15-15-“15”)
Decolore Islands: 2 Months (“15”)
Kalos Region: Possibly 1 Year (16)

•The numbers in parenthisis is Ash’s Age per season;
•From DP to BW there is a Undefined Timeskip;
•Each “American Season” equals 4 months (1/3 of a Year);

•The “15” resembles Ash’s Age in the 2 parts of the 16th Season:

2 months for “BW:Adventures in Unova”
2 months for “BW:Adventures in Unova and Beyond”

Status
Not open for further replies.