• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You also have to have beaten the Elite Four first.

Nuke144

I have trained up a growlith to level 45.
According to serebii when it gets to level 49 it will learn flamethrower.
If i evolve it with the fire stone it will learn extremespeed as arcanine instead.

My question is If I train my growlith to level 49 and let it learn flamethrower, will it learn extremspeed if i evolve it at the same level?

I hope that makes sense.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Yes, it will if you evolve it at that level. You can also go to the Move Tutor and give him Tinymushrooms or a Big Mushroom to get him to re-teach the move to your Pokemon if it passes that level.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
If I have a post-national dex pokemon that evolves into one of the Kanto Dex pokemon, will it evolve?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
If I have a post-national dex pokemon that evolves into one of the Kanto Dex pokemon, will it evolve?
Well, the only way you'd get that is by cheating in the first place (since you can't breed or transfer Eggs pre-national Dex), but my guess would be yes, it would evolve.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Well, the only way you'd get that is by cheating in the first place (since you can't breed or transfer Eggs pre-national Dex), but my guess would be yes, it would evolve.
Thanks. I had forgotten you cannot do that.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You're welcome.

Also, I added a question to the FAQ part of the first post about evolving Eevee in this game, since it seems like that one comes up somewhat frequently.

gastrodon101

OMFG!!!!!
excuse me but how do you unlock Celio's quest... you know for th Ruby and sapphire. I;ve been trying for a while...

(hope that makes sense...)

Draknir

Fear the Deer
excuse me but how do you unlock Celio's quest... you know for th Ruby and sapphire. I;ve been trying for a while...

(hope that makes sense...)
You need to get the national dex, and then talk to Celio.

ok iv gotten pretty far in leaf green and i dont kno what to do now???? like what do i do wit altering cave...or what and where is birth island....or that house wit the old lady on 7 island wit the boxes blocking the door??? plzz help me

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You don't need to worry about any of those things. Altering Cave was only ever used in Japanese games (correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure) and it was an event used to change the Zubat that appeared in that cave to various other Pokemon. Birth Island was also only an event, but it was used in games of all languages. You would go there, complete a small puzzle, and eventually capture Deoxys. The boxes on Island 7 were only in the Japanese version, and they were used to fight trainers that you downloaded from Battle-e Cards.

I'm also adding the question about the old lady on Island 7 to the first post, since I've seen that pop up quite a bit.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
Can anyone tell me where a good place to train:

1. my level 33 snorlax [looking for a place with 20-30]
and
2. My level 22 pikachu [looking for water or flying type with in 15-22]

Thanks in advance

Sunny13

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
for Snorlax, I believe that outside of Fuschia City is around that level, and I liked training there. It might be a bit higher, but Snorlax is a powerful Pokemon and could handle it.

For Pikachu, fishing with either Good or Super Rod should yield you Water types that'll be easy for Pikachu to defeat.

iamnotiangibson

EV Trainer
Is it possible for me to SR for Nature/IVs for Raikou?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure when Raikou is "generated," but honestly, it's not worth it. There's a problem in the programming of running Pokemon that makes it so any of the Kanto Dogs have about 4-5 IV's that are all 0/1. So those Dogs are really only good for dex purposes :/

Mark J

Has thick fat.
I believe Raikou/Entei/Suicune´s stats, IVs, and natures are set in stone once you beat the League and get the national Dex, just like Lati@s in RSE with the TV.

Oh and sunny, there´s a bunch of fishermen on the Route that links Fuschia, Lavender, and Vermillion (with all the piers) that have water pokemon of levels ~20-35. That´d be good for your Pikachu.

-Mark

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Hey all. You seem to be giving good answers for other people, so I think I'll give it a shot.

Am currently training for E4 first time on One Island near the Ember Spa where the Pokémon are level 37-39. I am at level 50ish so I want to know if there's a place where I can go that has higher level Pokémon. I beat every single trainer in Victory Road and tried VS Seeker there, but it's useless. Any other good, high-leveled training spots?

i gave celio the sapphire and traded with my emerald. i also used my action replay to do some stuff. so when i go to challlenge the elite four the girl is blocking me so i go check celio. and the sapphire isnt in there, but in my bag so i talk to him and hell just ask me random questions about bill. so could you help me