• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Calm PokeMaster

i have a question... In island seven i believe, there ia a house with an old lady, and in the house, there is a room blocked with boxes that said "you can feel a small breeze" or something like that whats in there?

If you swipe a certain E-Reader card and go to that house,you can get past those boxes.You apparently find Giovanni hiding in there!

This is concerning a glitch/bug but my question about it probably fits in best here.

My Leaf Green game freezes when the battle with my rival on the SS Anne is triggered so I can't get to the captain to get the cut TM. I was wondering if it'd be possible to get around this by trading myself a pokemon which already knows cut? I'm not sure if not seeing the captains stops me being able to proceed in any other way than not having the TM.

Thanks.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That's odd - does this happen all of the time, or at an exact certain point? Try a few times. If it does, maybe it's a ROM, or just badly glitchy. =/

And I think you should be able to trade a Pokemon with Cut just fine - correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt there's a restiction (after all, you can't use it unless you have the badge for it anyway). I don't recall if it is necessary to actually get the HM Cut from him to progress through the game, but I'd imagine that it isn't - doubt it's necessary.

Last edited:
It always happens at that one point (tried it enough times to be sure) and hopefully nowhere else. I'm lucky if that's the only place considering there's a way around it, as apposed to it being a necessary battle or something.

Anyway I guess I'll try trading a pokemon then, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any obvious problems with my plan before I do because I now have to go to the trouble of finding a GBA to borrow (my brother has one and I play on my DS).

Thanks a lot though :)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's not a ROM. I've bought a bootleg copy before (so I have one authentic and one not) before realising how obviously bootlegged it was.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Does SRing for shiny legends/Snorlax work in FrLg?

bone dragon

Hi everyone , first post for me
i have a question about Deoxys..
if you trade it lets say from leaf green to fire red would it keep the same form?
Or would it change to whatever game it is in?
( i know you can adjust the form in D/P/PT )

Thx in advance!

Orphee

no need to be upset
Deoxys' form varies on the version of your game
Defense form: Leaf Green
Normal form: Ruby & Sapphire
Attack form: Fire Red
Speed form: Emerald

bone dragon

Deoxys' form varies on the version of your game
Defense form: Leaf Green
Normal form: Ruby & Sapphire
Attack form: Fire Red
Speed form: Emerald
I mean....for example
you have deoxys in defence form , if you trade it to fire red will it stay defend ? or change to attack form?

Brick

I don't know.
Does level affect the chances of catching a pokemon?

I just spent the last few hours attempting to catch the Level 50 Zapdos, while my pokemon are only 43-45. I throw well over 50 Ultra Balls at it while Zapdos is paralyzed and has extremely low health. I've restarted and tried again several times with still no luck.

It's starting to really aggrevate me.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Does level affect the chances of catching a pokemon?

I just spent the last few hours attempting to catch the Level 50 Zapdos, while my pokemon are only 43-45. I throw well over 50 Ultra Balls at it while Zapdos is paralyzed and has extremely low health. I've restarted and tried again several times with still no luck.

It's starting to really aggrevate me.

Nope level has nothing to do with it. The birds have a low catch rate, just keep at it. Try putting it to Sleep if you can.

Regarding the SS Anne. If you faint, you can come back, right? But you can come back only before you get the Tri Pass?

Oh, and can you get the Auroraticket and the Mysticticket by mixing records?

Last edited:

Ammako

I'm pretty sure if you get the HM Cut, but then you faint against a trainer before leaving, you'll be able to enter SS Anne still.

I haven't tried yet, would someone care to try for me?