• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Okay, I just re-started my FR version so I could go SR for all the shiny legends, and I was wondering how do I SR for the dog (in this case, Raikou). Does it's chance of being shiny change everytime I battle it, or is it set the first time I met it? Also, are the nature/IV's set at the same time aswell, or do they change every time you meet?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay, I just re-started my FR version so I could go SR for all the shiny legends, and I was wondering how do I SR for the dog (in this case, Raikou). Does it's chance of being shiny change everytime I battle it, or is it set the first time I met it? Also, are the nature/IV's set at the same time aswell, or do they change every time you meet?

It's all set the first time you encounter it.

Nintendan

grama god
Can anyone help me? I have the Aurora Ticket on my Emerald version. I want to wirelessly send it to my LG via wireless communications with Mystery Gift. Firstly, is this possible? Secondly, if yes, how can I do it? Thanks.

alphabeta

I think tentacool.

Edit: Scratch that. I think its just magikarp and squirtle until you get the good/super rod.

Last edited:

shadow absorber

The darktrainer
If you had a shiny ditto and used transform will it turn into a shiny pokemon it is cloning?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
If you had a shiny ditto and used transform will it turn into a shiny pokemon it is cloning?
Yes, it will change to the shiny form of the Pokemon it is trasnforming into. But it's not 'cloning' or anything like that - Ditto changes back into its normal Ditto form after the battle ends.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Can anyone help? what is the earliest available Water type other than squirtle or magikarp on fire red?

Vapoeron. So save that Water Pulse TM.

Okay, I'm playing Leaf Green, and the original plan was for me to use Paras as a Cut/Flash slave to get me through Rock Tunnel. However, I ended up picking up a Magikarp and evolving it into Gyarados via the Day-Care, and now it's all but a regular part of my team. I even taught it Water Pulse, for God's sake!

Anyway, I ditched Scratch on Charmeleon in favor of Cut, and now I'm in the unfortunate position of having to choose between teaching Pikachu Flash and crippling my full team with an HM move I can't delete until Fuchsia City, and no way to remember any of the good moves until Two Island or ditching one of my established team members for the time being, thus forcing me to use the Vs. Seeker to bring it back up to speed. Both options are extremely tedious to me, so it's up to you to decide which option is less tedious.

If it helps, my Pikachu knows Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, and Thunder Wave. Thundershock is obligatory STAB, Quick Attack helps me when I need to guarantee a kill should Speed become an issue, Slam is my strong physical move for Special Walls, and Thunder Wave, which I have yet to really use, is for catching Pokemon, like the Birds.

My team is Charmeleon, Geodude, Weepinbell, Pikachu, Pidegeotto, and Gyarados. Charmeleon and Geodude are the highest leveled things I have (excluding a Dugtrio I caught as a last resort for Lt. Surge) at levels 25 and 24 respectively, while the others are all at level 21 or 22.

Another option is teaching it to Weepinbell, but I think all its moves have synergy with each other. Vine Whip is its attacking move, Growth boosts it, Bullet Seed can do damage if it hits enough times, and Sleep Powder helps set up.

So, should I leave someone behind for Rock Tunnel? If so, who? Should I teach Pikachu or Weepinbell Flash? If so, which move do I delete?

Thankies!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Vapoeron. So save that Water Pulse TM.

Okay, I'm playing Leaf Green, and the original plan was for me to use Paras as a Cut/Flash slave to get me through Rock Tunnel. However, I ended up picking up a Magikarp and evolving it into Gyarados via the Day-Care, and now it's all but a regular part of my team. I even taught it Water Pulse, for God's sake!

Anyway, I ditched Scratch on Charmeleon in favor of Cut, and now I'm in the unfortunate position of having to choose between teaching Pikachu Flash and crippling my full team with an HM move I can't delete until Fuchsia City, and no way to remember any of the good moves until Two Island or ditching one of my established team members for the time being, thus forcing me to use the Vs. Seeker to bring it back up to speed. Both options are extremely tedious to me, so it's up to you to decide which option is less tedious.

If it helps, my Pikachu knows Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, and Thunder Wave. Thundershock is obligatory STAB, Quick Attack helps me when I need to guarantee a kill should Speed become an issue, Slam is my strong physical move for Special Walls, and Thunder Wave, which I have yet to really use, is for catching Pokemon, like the Birds.

My team is Charmeleon, Geodude, Weepinbell, Pikachu, Pidegeotto, and Gyarados. Charmeleon and Geodude are the highest leveled things I have (excluding a Dugtrio I caught as a last resort for Lt. Surge) at levels 25 and 24 respectively, while the others are all at level 21 or 22.

Another option is teaching it to Weepinbell, but I think all its moves have synergy with each other. Vine Whip is its attacking move, Growth boosts it, Bullet Seed can do damage if it hits enough times, and Sleep Powder helps set up.

So, should I leave someone behind for Rock Tunnel? If so, who? Should I teach Pikachu or Weepinbell Flash? If so, which move do I delete?

Thankies!

Just leave behind Pikachu. It wouldn't do much damage in Rock Tunnel anyway, it would get beat up more than it would do the beating. Just train it specifically on trainers once you're out of the Tunnel. No VS Seeker required.

Ammako

You don't even need Flash to get throught Rock Tunnel.
It's so easy. And from what I've read, you know the game pretty well, so you must have went throught it alerady, so you should know what Rock Tunnel is like.
That, or you just bring out an HM slave everytime you need an HM. It's not like you have to completely ditch out a Pokémon of your party. =/

I never have more than 5 Pokémon in my party until after a long time later in the game, since my sixth Pokémon is one obtained in the later parts of the game.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Just leave behind Pikachu. It wouldn't do much damage in Rock Tunnel anyway, it would get beat up more than it would do the beating. Just train it specifically on trainers once you're out of the Tunnel. No VS Seeker required.

I decided to leave my newly evolved Graveler behind, as the others needed the experience.

Yes, I have played this game before. No, I did not make it a point to commit Rock Tunnel to memory.

I like to build my team as early as possible, since anything else you get later in the game is fairly low-leveled and requires effort which I do not feel like expending to train. Though before I reset Fire Red, I did train my Kabuto all the way to a Kabutops and used it on my main team.

EDIT: YEAH! Johto Champion!

Ammako

I think you can only get three stars in FR/LG.
But, many sources says that if you jump 200 times and catch 200 berries in the Two island's minigames, you win a fourth star.

I honestly doubt that, though, since the main site has nothing about this.

Five stars were only added in 4th gen.

FR/LG: 3
R/S/E: 4
D/P/Pt: 5
HG/SS: ?

I think you can only get three stars in FR/LG.
But, many sources says that if you jump 200 times and catch 200 berries in the Two island's minigames, you win a fourth star.

I honestly doubt that, though, since the main site has nothing about this.

Five stars were only added in 4th gen.

FR/LG: 3
R/S/E: 4
D/P/Pt: 5
HG/SS: ?

Bah, there is conflicting information then. >_<; Serebii also says for the RS Trainer Card you need a 100 win streak in the tower, and nothing about jumping and berries in FRLG. And then Bulbapedia says you need a 50 win streak at the Battle Tower in RS. >_<;

Is Bulbapedia really reliable at all? And is getting 200 jumps and 200 berries hard to pull off?

Ammako

You should rely on SPP instead of Bulbapedia when you see two different information.
200 jumps and 200 berries isn't that hard to do.
You just press A to jump in the Pokémon Jump minigame, and use the d-pad for Dodrio berry-picking.

But you need two Wireless Adapters, two gameboys and two games to do Pokémon Jump, and three of them for Dodrio berry-picking.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I was wondering what pokemon makes the best HM Slave in FR.