• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Robw4

Right so I am playing Leaf Green and I want to defeat the Elite 4.

I have:
L 61 Blastoise
L 62 Victreebel
L 52 Pigeot
L 50 Venomoth
L 50 Dragonair
L 50 Rapidash
(Sorry if spelt wrong )

Elite 4-
1. Ice/Water
2. Fighting
3. Ghost/Psychic/Poison
4. Dragon

Any advice?

Troggy

Can someone please explain to me or give me a link to a page explaining what causes the legendary dogs to have the same pattern of horrible IVs in FR/LG. Didn't know this was a common thing until today, when I realized the Raikou and Entei I have, as well as a Suicune someone was offering all had the same trend of HP being the highest IV, and all the others being around 0, or 0. Does this mean the only useable dogs come from events, colloseum, etc?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Right so I am playing Leaf Green and I want to defeat the Elite 4.

I have:
L 61 Blastoise
L 62 Victreebel
L 52 Pigeot
L 50 Venomoth
L 50 Dragonair
L 50 Rapidash
(Sorry if spelt wrong )

Elite 4-
1. Ice/Water
2. Fighting
3. Ghost/Psychic/Poison
4. Dragon

Any advice?

Keep battling the Elite Four until you win...? o_O

Can someone please explain to me or give me a link to a page explaining what causes the legendary dogs to have the same pattern of horrible IVs in FR/LG. Didn't know this was a common thing until today, when I realized the Raikou and Entei I have, as well as a Suicune someone was offering all had the same trend of HP being the highest IV, and all the others being around 0, or 0. Does this mean the only useable dogs come from events, colloseum, etc?

I have heard of this trend happening before, but I have no for sure way of confirming it.

shiny dvilla

when lokking for the Dogs, using repels, what is their encounter percentage, if they happen to be on the same route?

Troggy said:
jeyre80 said:
I have heard of this trend happening before, but I have no for sure way of confirming it.

While I can't provide a site or anything, I can confirm that this is true. Most of the stats are set to be and IV of 2 or lower as soon as you have chosen your Starter Pokemon.

shiny dvilla said:
when lokking for the Dogs, using repels, what is their encounter percentage, if they happen to be on the same route?

You can only get one dog per game, its impossible for there to be two on the same game, never-the-less on the same route.

If you have a repel, and a lead Pokemon at Lv40 (If all other wild Pokemon are Lv39 or lower), and are on the same route as the dog, your chances of finding the elusive legendary will be 100%

Last edited:

shiny dvilla

It's OK, I already found it (Suicune) with horrible IVs but 23 on HP.

Now Im SRing for Scyther. I want to transfer it to DPPt to train it up to an Uber Scizor xD. The thing is that Scyther only has Swarm in FR/LG. If I find a nice adamant one, how will I know which nature it will have in Pt??

shiny dvilla said:
Now Im SRing for Scyther. I want to transfer it to DPPt to train it up to an Uber Scizor xD. The thing is that Scyther only has Swarm in FR/LG. If I find a nice adamant one, how will I know which nature it will have in Pt??

There is only one way in which you can learn the Ability that a Pokemon will have in a 4th Gen game when traded from a 3rd Gen one, but it requires an Emerald version. Basically, you clone the Pokemon and send it over, whatever Ability the traded clone has, will be the same as any other clones from that exact Scyther.

You could just catch enough decent Scythers in FR/LG and then trade them all over at once.

While I can't provide a site or anything, I can confirm that this is true. Most of the stats are set to be and IV of 2 or lower as soon as you have chosen your Starter Pokemon.

You can only get one dog per game, its impossible for there to be two on the same game, never-the-less on the same route.

If you have a repel, and a lead Pokemon at Lv40 (If all other wild Pokemon are Lv39 or lower), and are on the same route as the dog, your chances of finding the elusive legendary will be 100%
No.

Everything regarding the legendary dogs is set as soon as you hand the Sapphire over to Celio.

Okay, in FR, I have beat the E4, caught all three legendary Birds, unlocked the national dex, caught Raikou, caught Mewtwo, beat the E4 the second time through, caught at least one of every Pokemon available in FR version (including one each of all forms of Unown)...Is there anything left for me to do in FR that I have forgotten about?

coolespeon

I dont know.
Already completed the battle tower in all categories? That´s the only thing that I can think about.

Ruby~Cube

Where is Deoxys?

Okay... So umm.. This is question has more or less been asked. "Where is Deoxys?"... So my real question is; what are "events"? I ordered a firered/leafgreen guide book, which should be here soon. So I'm hoping the book will clear this up for me. I know it's not nessassry to have Deoxys, but I'm trying to collect every single pokemon available to the game set, so's to transfer them over to my emerald later on. I figured out jirachi. He was easy. And in other (newer) game sets, the legendairies are just as complicated as Deoxys. Sorry to ramble. But I'm having a hard time understanding the word "event". Or am I missing something? ~THANKS~

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Okay... So umm.. This is question has more or less been asked. "Where is Deoxys?"... So my real question is; what are "events"? I ordered a firered/leafgreen guide book, which should be here soon. So I'm hoping the book will clear this up for me. I know it's not nessassry to have Deoxys, but I'm trying to collect every single pokemon available to the game set, so's to transfer them over to my emerald later on. I figured out jirachi. He was easy. And in other (newer) game sets, the legendairies are just as complicated as Deoxys. Sorry to ramble. But I'm having a hard time understanding the word "event". Or am I missing something? ~THANKS~
What Most of the time WE mean by Event Pokémon, are Pokémon that are normally unavailable in the main games. Mew is the Classic example of this. Originally, Mew could not be found in Red or Blue. (Ok, there is the Mew Glitch.) Nintendo announces that certain places will give out the said Pokémon. Mew, Cerebii and Deoxys are not available at all for 3rd Gen.

Ok, Jirachi is a bit weird. It was given out for the 6th Movie in Japan. Since NOA/PUSA didn't want to hold an event, they made the Colosseum Bonus Disk for those who want it. NOE had a game that was still to be released which they added Jirachi as a download in Pokémon Channel, which featured Jirachi, at the end.

Ruby~Cube

Huh.. Interesting... So in the long run (by the sounds of it) the only way I could possibly get my hands on a rare pokemon is through gameshark. Or is this incorrect?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Huh.. Interesting... So in the long run (by the sounds of it) the only way I could possibly get my hands on a rare pokemon is through gameshark. Or is this incorrect?
Yeah, using a cheating device is the proberbly the only way without sending it to Nintendo. Talk of Cheating Devices, at best, is discouraged here.

There are a few Ho-Oh and Luiga are only available in the game cube games, and you need a GC-GBA lead to get them off the Game Cube/Wii.

Ruby~Cube

Oh, sorry.. Still learning the boards. I won't mention the cheat stuff again. Is talking about the guide books allowed?...

I have a gamecube system and a wii system. I also have the pokemon game for wii, and several different ones for gamecube. Plus I have that black box thingy that hooks undernieth the gamecube for the orginal gameboy games to the gba games. Got that because batteries got too expensive over time. LOL... So connections and the right games isn't too much of a problem. It's finding these rare pokemon that get me. And half the time I think the book just leads me in circles... LOL...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, sorry.. Still learning the boards. I won't mention the cheat stuff again. Is talking about the guide books allowed?...

I have a gamecube system and a wii system. I also have the pokemon game for wii, and several different ones for gamecube. Plus I have that black box thingy that hooks undernieth the gamecube for the orginal gameboy games to the gba games. Got that because batteries got too expensive over time. LOL... So connections and the right games isn't too much of a problem. It's finding these rare pokemon that get me. And half the time I think the book just leads me in circles... LOL...

Guidebooks aren't cheating. They're allowed. Finding Pokemon isn't too difficult but if you're looking for Event Legendaries, that's when it gets hard. Especially with Third Gen games.

Alternatively you can use the main site to help you find Pokemon. PokeEarth is a wonderful tool.