• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Oh, sorry.. Still learning the boards. I won't mention the cheat stuff again. Is talking about the guide books allowed?...

I have a gamecube system and a wii system. I also have the pokemon game for wii, and several different ones for gamecube. Plus I have that black box thingy that hooks undernieth the gamecube for the orginal gameboy games to the gba games. Got that because batteries got too expensive over time. LOL... So connections and the right games isn't too much of a problem. It's finding these rare pokemon that get me. And half the time I think the book just leads me in circles... LOL...

What you're discribing sounds like the Gameboy Player. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Player

Pokémon GameCube Games doesn't reconise it. You need to have the GBA-GC Lead to transfer them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_Game_Boy_Advance_Cable

This is one of my official Leads at the top of the picture: http://twitpic.com/1ygwn

Cheating Devices we talking about, or not suppose to talk about, affect the data in the games. Action REplay and GameShark are the to big names

Ruby~Cube

Like I said. The right connections isn't the problem. I have reg gameboy, color, advanced, advanced sp, & 2 ds. As well as gamecube & wii. And all the pokemon sets from yellow to platinumn. As well as cords and other devices. I got that black box thingy because I couldn't afford the batteries all the time. That and I like a much bigger screen. LOL...

Okay now I feel like one of them poke-geeks you see on tv. LOL...

Seriously tho, I try not to cheet. And if I ever do it's mainly cuz I can't find the right thing for the game itself. In this case, the pokemon. A friend of mine yelled at me one time for referring to the book. But I never concidered the book a cheating method. Tho I suppose it could be. *shrugs*

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Like I said. The right connections isn't the problem. I have reg gameboy, color, advanced, advanced sp, & 2 ds. As well as gamecube & wii. And all the pokemon sets from yellow to platinumn. As well as cords and other devices. I got that black box thingy because I couldn't afford the batteries all the time. That and I like a much bigger screen. LOL...

Okay now I feel like one of them poke-geeks you see on tv. LOL...

Seriously tho, I try not to cheet. And if I ever do it's mainly cuz I can't find the right thing for the game itself. In this case, the pokemon. A friend of mine yelled at me one time for referring to the book. But I never concidered the book a cheating method. Tho I suppose it could be. *shrugs*

It's not cheating. Cheating does something the game can not normally do. A guidebook go through everything the game can normally do. That's like saying reading reference books is cheating for papers.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Lapras. If you do go for Cloyster train it up to a high lvl as Shelder.

burninator59

I just got the National Dex. How do I get to the Sevii islands?

burninator59 said:
I just got the National Dex. How do I get to the Sevii islands?

If you have already done the 1-2-3 Island quest earlier in the game, then go to Vermillion Port and travel to One Island have a little chat to Celio and you should be good to go.

If you didn't do the quest earlier, Bill should be in the Cinnabar Pokemon Centre (I'm not 100% sure, but its only logical that he would be). Do the quest and then then talk to Celio again.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I was wondering if you can encounter missingno in pokemon fire red and if yes, then how? I know that you cant get it the same way as the first games because the guy you talk to doesnt ask you a question anymore, but i've seen screenshots of people playing fire red battling missingno so.....help?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was wondering if you can encounter missingno in pokemon fire red and if yes, then how? I know that you cant get it the same way as the first games because the guy you talk to doesnt ask you a question anymore, but i've seen screenshots of people playing fire red battling missingno so.....help?

No you cannot encounter it in these games.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
MissingNo is not in the games, at all. The only way is to use a Rom and insert code to make the MissinoNo appear in a spot.

MissingNo is actually Database Filler in RBY's Pokédex, and due to an Mistake, it's obtainable in Red and Blue, and Yellow.

There are some MissingNo Like Pokémon, but, you're going to have to hack.

Why Did it get "localised"? The Original Entry was filler, but you can't tell it was legal that reading the entries in database, so he/she gave it a name.

Nidowolf

.the power of one.
Okay, I didn't see this question as having been asked before, so, here it goes.

Which fishing rod do I need to use to capture Dratini in the Safari Zone? The Pokedex on Serebii just said to fish to get it, but didn't specify which rod.

Thanks to whoever helps me. ^^

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Okay, I didn't see this question as having been asked before, so, here it goes.

Which fishing rod do I need to use to capture Dratini in the Safari Zone? The Pokedex on Serebii just said to fish to get it, but didn't specify which rod.

Thanks to whoever helps me. ^^
Super Rod. Also you can "Buy" one from Rocket Game Corner.

Ushio

In order for Entei/Suicune/Raikou to show up, does the Elite Four have to be beaten at least twice? I've beaten them once, but I can't seem to find Entei.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
In order for Entei/Suicune/Raikou to show up, does the Elite Four have to be beaten at least twice? I've beaten them once, but I can't seem to find Entei.
It's tricky, but it's possible to find them before beating E4 the second time, as I've done it twice.

foxyman1167 said:
According to Pokearth, use the Super Rod in Vermilion City, LG only.

Don't forget Pallet Town, One Island and Five Island.