• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Blue_Mew22: You could try some of the other Islands. Apart from that and the wild Pokemon in Victory Road, there isn't much until after the E4.

Happizelpom: Your action replay probably made you do somethng you weren't supposed to do and messed up your game's storyline. You'll probably have to restart your file and not use AR this time.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
That's what I was afraid I'd hear. :(

Another dumb question.....what in the world is action replay and how do you do it? ^^;

EDIT: Thank you much, Chaos Emerald, you helped a lot. I don't know a lot about cheating devices since I don't use them. :D

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Action Replay is a third-party cheat device that you can buy and use to do just about anything to your game. You're not allowed to really discuss it here though, since if you use codes improperly they can mess things up (like what appears happened to the poster I was answering).

Mithos_01

I have Fire Red and on it, an Aurora Ticket from an event. Is there any way I can get it onto a Emerald so I can go to the Birth Island again?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Unfortunately, the only exchangeable event ticket is the Eon Ticket, so no.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Unfortunately, the only exchangeable event ticket is the Eon Ticket, so no.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Hiya again.

I'm wondering if this is a good enough team to beat the Elite 4.

Rhydon Lvl 52
Rock Blast
Stomp
Earthquake
Double-Edge

Kadabra Lvl 53
Pshychic
Shadow Ball
Recover
Secret Power

Venusaur Lvl 53
Giga Drain
Sleep Power
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf

Arcanine Lvl 53
Bite
Strength
Flamethrower
Extremespeed

Gyrados Lvl 53
Rock Smash
Return
Surf
Dragon Rage

Dragonite Lvl 55
Ice Beam
Fly
Thunderbolt
Brick Break

I am quite sick of training against the same people at the same level. It takes forever and is driving me nuts. So can I beat the Elite 4 with them? I haven't caught the Legendary Birds yet, so I could add those to my collection.

EDIT: Thank you again, Chaos Emerald. I wasn't sure because I tried to beat them at levels around 47 and got totally owned. I shall go buy some more stuff and start my challenge.

EDIT2: I just thought you might care if I told you that I did beat the Elite 4. Like, pretty much just now. It was hard and I had to use practically every item I bought and each of my Pokémon probably fainted at least once. But I did beat them and I'm trying to get a National Dex, which I neglected to do before. =^_^=

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Mm, I'd say you're fine. I beat it with Pokemon way weaker than that and you have some good type-coverage that I didn't as well. Just be sure to spend spare money you have on Revives, Full Restors, Potions, etc. And don't forget about the Drinks from Celadon's department, those restore a lot of health for a cheap price!

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
And don't forget about the Drinks from Celadon's department, those restore a lot of health for a cheap price!

I personally prefer Two Island at Sevii for getting drinks. You have to go through the trouble of going to Vermilion and taking the boat, but you can buy in bulk.

In any case, I'm also having trouble training against the Elite Four, which is annoying since I had no trouble raping the Sinnoh E4 (partially because my stuff was level 64 there). I think my problem is largely type coverage rather than levels, but I'll let you guys judge.

Pigeot lvl 54
-Wing Attack
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Featherdance

Raichu lvl 55
-Thunderbolt
-Quick attack
-Slam
-Thunder

Dragonite lvl 55
-Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Wing Attack

Magmar lvl 58
-Smog
-Fire Blast
-Confuse Ray
-Flamethrower

Blastoise lvl 57
-Hydro Cannon
-Bite
-Surf
-Skull Bash

Sandslash lvl 55
-Cut
-Slash
-Sand Tomb
-Earthquake

I tried running with approximately this setup with slightly higher levels (used Rare Candy but reset without saving afterwards), but ended up getting almost raped by Agatha, so I decided to go back and train them up somewhat, which is where they are now. I have a lvl 48 Kadabra in reserve, plus the three legendary birds UT, but I wanted a challenge so I dropped Kadabra, and I planned to Dongle the birds to my Pearl cart and trade/EV train them there.

Unfortunately, I don't see a whole lot of options here besides raising the levels on my team. I was thinking of replacing Skull Bash on my Blastoise with Blizzard so that I could rape Lance more easily, but the inherent inaccuracy that comes with Blizzard sucks, so I'm thinking about getting Ice Beam at the Game Corner instead (which will rape my wallet).

My Pigeot is largely useless compared to my Dragonite, and since Fly only gets 70 STAB in Gen III instead of 90 in Gen IV, it can't hit very hard, and its move pool isn't highly impressive in Gen III. I'm thinking of dropping it for my Kadabra, which would fill up my Psychic type coverage gap.

Saurior

Solar Powered
Unfortunately, I don't see a whole lot of options here besides raising the levels on my team. I was thinking of replacing Skull Bash on my Blastoise with Blizzard so that I could rape Lance more easily, but the inherent inaccuracy that comes with Blizzard sucks, so I'm thinking about getting Ice Beam at the Game Corner instead (which will rape my wallet).
Get Ice Beam. Blizzard isn't worth it: 5 pp, and abysmal accuracy for an attack that might not even OHKO. Your wallet will get filled up eventually, believe me. And besides, winning at the game corner isn't that difficult...

Pokémon wise, your team is ok, but move wise it's quite limited. It has lots of Normal and Flying type attacks, yet no Dark (better than Blastoise' Bite), Ghost, Grass, Rock, Fighting or Ice attacks... Dragonite can have something better than Slam and Twister, right? How about Brick Break and Dragon Claw (if you have the TM), or train it up to learn Outrage? Rock Slide instead of Slash or Sand Tomb on Sandslash wouldn't hurt either.

Pidgeot isn't very helpful indeed, so dropping it for Kadabra might be a good idea. However, what moves does Kadabra have? Calm Mind is a must if you're facing Agatha, or it'll get raped hard by those Ghosts.

Just a few suggestions... good luck with it ;)

GepeTo

Hello/Question

Hi, I'm new in this forum, I'm 13 from Brazil, still doing english course so tell me if it sucks or you can understand >.<
This is the third time that I reset my FR, I started with charmander, I'm still trying to understand EV's etc.
I already have itemfinder (that yes helps a lot, other times I didn't have that because I was a fckng nub), trying to found the prof. oak aide to get exp. share. Well I have some questions:

Q1: Where's the guy with exp.share?

Q2: I have zapdos for elec. type but I'm thinking in getting Electabuzz, should I do that?

Q3: Can I found a shiny snorlax? there are only two, if I keep trying (saving infront of him and reseting) one day he'll be shiny? (I've never found a shiny poke)

Q4: I have 6 badges and this is my team:

Vaporeon 43: (I think I'll trade him for lapras)
- Bite
- Aurora Beam
- Water Pulse
- Surf

Pidgeot 43:
- Aerial Ace
- Wing Attack
- Fly
- Steel Wing

Charizard 46:
- Wing Attack
- Flamethrower
- Ember
- Brick Break

Zapdos 50: (I think I'll trade for electabuzz)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Detect
- Drill Peck

I just catch a Dragonair level 29 in safari zone and taurus/rhyrorn should I add them to my team? Tell me your opinions, what pokemons should I add/remove in my team?

Thanks!

EDIT: Thank you, I always level my pokemons to the max I can in the grass/sea etc.
Here is another question:

Q5: I don't have gameboy DS, its too expensive, I have gba, should I add a alakazam or gengar to my team? I can easily trade with my friends.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the forums. Your English doesn't suck at all, I can understand perfectly.

Q1: You get it in the gate that separates Route 11, 12, and 13. It's close to Vermilion and Lavendar Town, and right next to the Snorlax. You have to have at least 50 Pokemon, and then the Aide will give it to you.
EDIT: Ack, I think I gave you the wrong one :( I believe it's on the second floor of the guard house east of Fuschia
Q2: Zapdos is far more powerful in my opinion. You'll probably do better with that.
Q3: Yes, you can. If you do decide to go for a shiny, be prepared for a whole lot of resets.
Q4: Vaporeon and Lapras are both good imo, so that choice is up to you. Rhydon and Dragonite would be helpful additions to your team, so you should add those. Your team looks like it's at a pretty decent level for your point in the game so far, just be sure to raise your additions up to a similar level.

Last edited:

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
Q5: I don't have gameboy DS, its too expensive, I have gba, should I add a alakazam or gengar to my team? I can easily trade with my friends.

If you can trade easily, then there really isn't any reason you shouldn't take advantage of it (hell, I'd have given an arm or leg to have been able to trade with people before WiFi on the DS). Stat-wise, Alakazam and Gengar are better than their pre-evolutions in every way, and have larger move pools (that means that you can teach the higher evolutions TM moves that the lower evolutions can't learn). Just think of it as Game Freak's reward to players who trade with each other.

My turn for another question. I just beat the Kanto E4 and made connectivity to Hoenn (which I only did to advance the storyline to get Mewtwo). Is there any sure way of encountering the legendary beast, Raikou in my case? Or do I have to hopelessly roam around Kanto until I encounter it?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
The only way would be if you had a Raikou in another game and you could transfer it over to get the Dex data. Then you could try to track it. Apart from that, it's based on luck :(

GepeTo

Hum, thanks for the answers, btw I have another question, where can I get VS. Seeker?
And about raikou I just found suicune in the grass above Rock Tunel (the place where you surf to power plant) well I was trying to catch a voltorb and wtf I found suicune lol, try to go there o_O

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
You can get VS. Seeker from a lady in the Pokemon Center in Vermilion, I think. She has blue hair, so she should be easy to find.

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
Well, I finally encountered the frakking thing, took me about an hour of running all around Kanto to finally see it. Though at this point, I am not looking forward to catching it with only Ultra Balls. Why couldn't they give us Quick Balls or Dusk Balls in this game?

Celebi25

Well, I finally encountered the frakking thing, took me about an hour of running all around Kanto to finally see it. Though at this point, I am not looking forward to catching it with only Ultra Balls. Why couldn't they give us Quick Balls or Dusk Balls in this game?

Well, finding it is the hard part, now that you have found the Raikou all you have to do is encounter it again. To make it do quicker try flying to a centrally located place, such as Saffron City, and if Raikou is close, walk outside to the closest route, and see if Raikou moves to that route. If Raikou is farther away, just Fly back to Saffron City again. When you move to a new route, Raikou will only move to a route next to it, but if you use Fly, it will randomly appear at any route. When you finally get to the same route as Raikou, to find it quickly you could put a Level 50 Pokemon in the lead spot and use Repels. Try using a Wobbuffet as your lead Pokemon. I know that it is difficult to control how much damage you do with a Wobbuffet, but you should be able to get Raikou's HP down to a reasonable amount. Plus, Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag will keep the Raikou from running away. Give your Wobbuffet Leftovers for healing support if you have them. Also, it will help you to buy some Timer Balls, you can buy them on Island 2.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
No, no, no. Do NOT use Wobbuffet. Raikou knows Roar, and if it uses Roar on you, it will be gone forever as if you killed it. The best thing to do is put it to sleep one turn, then whittle its HP down with each encounter.

jolteon ownz

i have a question. is there a easy way to find suicune as i have spent days looking for it and have wasted loads of max repels.

any help would be apresiated