• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

GengarNightmare

Do abilities have overworld effects like in 4th gen?

Examples:

sychronize- pokemon with same nature appear
compoundeyes- higher chance of wild pokemon holding items

I was wondering because 1.)sychronize would make it easier to catch pokemon for the E4 and 2.)I'm looking for a light ball, so I was wondering if having a compoundeyes venonat in the lead is doing anything at ALL to find light ball. If not, I'll just wait until I can trade shuppet from R/S/E (frisk).

Ammako

Do abilities have overworld effects like in 4th gen?

Examples:

sychronize- pokemon with same nature appear
compoundeyes- higher chance of wild pokemon holding items

I was wondering because 1.)sychronize would make it easier to catch pokemon for the E4 and 2.)I'm looking for a light ball, so I was wondering if having a compoundeyes venonat in the lead is doing anything at ALL to find light ball. If not, I'll just wait until I can trade shuppet from R/S/E (frisk).
Light Ball is a held item in Emerald only.
And these overworld effects are only in Emerald.

Ammako

Light Ball is coded in to all 3rd and 4th gen games, and it does have an effect in Battle in all games. (It was 2nd gen games too)
You didn't read what I said, didn't you?

It's only in Emerald that Light Ball is a held item.

And I said the abilities' overworld effects are in Emerald.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
You didn't read what I said, didn't you?

It's only in Emerald that Light Ball is a held item.

And I said the abilities' overworld effects are in Emerald.
It reads, at least to me, that is that Lightball is only in Emerald, or can be only held in Emerald. It's found in Emerald.

Knnthh

I want ev train my vaporeon , it has IV in special attack of 31 . Do i need to fight 252 gastly's or 350 to fully EV train him ?

Sorry it's the first time i will do EV training .

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I want ev train my vaporeon , it has IV in special attack of 31 . Do i need to fight 252 gastly's or 350 to fully EV train him ?

Sorry it's the first time i will do EV training .
Only the first 252 Gastly count, you can cut this down by feeding it 10 Calcium which is like fighting 10 Gastly per Calcium, for a total 100.

fatyeti4

Master of War
Where is a good spot to get money from the amulet coin? (before elite four)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Where is a good spot to get money from the amulet coin? (before elite four)
Island 1 of the Sevii Island is good. You can also catch a Mewoth which has Pay Day there. Pay Day pays more when the level is higher of said Pokémon per attack.

I don't know of a Trainer or a set of Trainers to Farm for Money.

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!
Island 1 of the Sevii Island is good. You can also catch a Mewoth which has Pay Day there. Pay Day pays more when the level is higher of said Pokémon per attack.

I don't know of a Trainer or a set of Trainers to Farm for Money.

Or you can use the Amulet Coin and Vs. seeker on all of the beauty trainers on the route between Fuchsia city and Lavender town. They give a decent amount of money ;)

Clayton Japes

Rating: Awesome
Hah to the light ball discussion. I just took an hour to catch 40 pikachu over at the power plant. It had to show up eventually, right??

Guess not.

That's aggravating, but at least I don't have to keep looking for it now.

Someone should warn the internets. Most Yahoo/Wiki Answers say that it is in Fire Red, just very rare.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hah to the light ball discussion. I just took an hour to catch 40 pikachu over at the power plant. It had to show up eventually, right??

Guess not.

That's aggravating, but at least I don't have to keep looking for it now.

Someone should warn the internets. Most Yahoo/Wiki Answers say that it is in Fire Red, just very rare.

Don't trust the Internet so much :S

It is attached to Emerald Pikachu only. The Safari Zone in Emerald is where Pikachu with Light Ball are found.

Little_Jacka33

i have recently bought a Gameboy Advance SP off of eBay, it works great and i have had no real problems with it. I had the old Pokemon Yellow i used to have as a kid playing on a Gameboy Color, the game all worked great with no problems.

Then i bought 4 GBA games of FR, LG, S & R. when i got these i played through a bit and noticed a few problems, such as a sort of blinds effect of game on screen when moving Vertically, and when i press B to stop a pokemon evolving, it didn't work, no matter how many times i tried and even tried pressing every button there was, and still my Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon. Later i found out that these games were fakes, so i contacted the seller and got a refund for the items, all was well.

So i still wanted to buy REAL versions of the games, and since i live in Australia and the only fake versions are for USA, i thought i wouldn't have any problems finding a real version, which i did. Now i have LG and S, and they look 100% genuine with no signs of it being a pirate copy, however i still have the problem of My Charmander evolving into Charmeleon even if i press B during the evolution.

Please note that i also Have pokemon crystal and have tried stopping evolution in that game and it works fine, so clearly it is something wrong with the games.

So does anyone have a logical reason as to why my pokemon Evolve when i don't want them to?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
i have recently bought a Gameboy Advance SP off of eBay, it works great and i have had no real problems with it. I had the old Pokemon Yellow i used to have as a kid playing on a Gameboy Color, the game all worked great with no problems.

Then i bought 4 GBA games of FR, LG, S & R. when i got these i played through a bit and noticed a few problems, such as a sort of blinds effect of game on screen when moving Vertically, and when i press B to stop a pokemon evolving, it didn't work, no matter how many times i tried and even tried pressing every button there was, and still my Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon. Later i found out that these games were fakes, so i contacted the seller and got a refund for the items, all was well.

So i still wanted to buy REAL versions of the games, and since i live in Australia and the only fake versions are for USA, i thought i wouldn't have any problems finding a real version, which i did. Now i have LG and S, and they look 100% genuine with no signs of it being a pirate copy, however i still have the problem of My Charmander evolving into Charmeleon even if i press B during the evolution.

Please note that i also Have pokemon crystal and have tried stopping evolution in that game and it works fine, so clearly it is something wrong with the games.

So does anyone have a logical reason as to why my pokemon Evolve when i don't want them to?
Does the B button work at all, this points to your Game device? Also you there is timing when you should press B. I repeatedly hit B until it stops.

Little_Jacka33

Yes my B button works in every other thing such as leaving start screen and stuff, and i have been pressing B for the whole duration of the evolution and it still evolves.