• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i read somewhere that in these versions grass attacks are based on sp.atk etc anyone got the full list on what type of attacks are based on atk/sp. atk?

Every game before D/P/P has each attack type split into Physical or Special.

Special:
Fire
Water
Electric
Grass
Ice
Psychic
Dragon
Dark

Physical:
Normal
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Flying
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Steel

venra77

Wifi battler
if u have a sub up and explode do u die or the sub leaves

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Would the following breeding pattern work?
Treecko (m) + Ditto = Treeko (f)
--> Treecko (f) + Seviper (m) w/ Crunch = Treecko (m) w/ Crunch
--> Treecko (f) + Breloom (m) w/ Leech Seed = Treeko (f) w/ Leech Seed
--> Treecko (m) w/ Crunch + Treecko (f) w/ Leech Seed = Treeko w/ Crunch + Leech Seed

I know its a little confusing, sorry... I used pretty colours to make it easier to see which Treecko goes where :3

EDIT:
if u have a sub up and explode do u die or the sub leaves
Yes, you die and the sub goes with you. If you could survive an Explosion, it would be one of the most broken moves in the game.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Would the following breeding pattern work?
Treecko (m) + Ditto = Treeko (f)
--> Treecko (f) + Seviper (m) w/ Crunch = Treecko (m) w/ Crunch
--> Treecko (f) + Breloom (m) w/ Leech Seed = Treeko (f) w/ Leech Seed
--> Treecko (m) w/ Crunch + Treecko (f) w/ Leech Seed = Treeko w/ Crunch + Leech Seed

I know its a little confusing, sorry... I used pretty colours to make it easier to see which Treecko goes where :3
No, it wouldn't. Breloom and Trecko aren't in the same egg groups so they can't breed, and if they were, only Crunch would be passed down as the Male Pokemon has to know the egg moves to pass them to offspring - egg moves known only by the female won't be passed down to offspring.

I believe after a brief search that the only way (or a way) to have a Treecko with Crunch is to in the 4th gen breed a female one with a male Torterra with those moves, which it learns by level up.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
No, it wouldn't. Breloom and Trecko aren't in the same egg groups so they can't breed, and if they were, only Crunch would be passed down as the Male Pokemon has to know the egg moves to pass them to offspring - egg moves known only by the female won't be passed down to offspring.

I believe after a brief search that the only way (or a way) to have a Treecko with Crunch is to in the 4th gen breed a female one with a male Torterra with those moves, which it learns by level up.

That's a bit annoying...
So, what you are saying in the bolded section is that even if I have Seviper (m) w/ Crunch + Treecko (f), the offspring would not have Crunch, although Seviper and Treecko are compatible?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
No, in that case Crunch would be passed down - if the Seviper had been female though Crunch would not be passed down - the male has to know the egg move only.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
No, in that case Crunch would be passed down - if the Seviper had been female though Crunch would not be passed down - the male has to know the egg move only.

I get it, thanks for your help :)

EDIT:
If a male Pokémon breeds with Ditto, will the offspring always be male? I can't seem to get any female Treecko ;_;

Last edited:

Turtle Master

May's lover!
If a male Pokémon breeds with Ditto, will the offspring always be male? I can't seem to get any female Treecko ;_;

Treecko has a skewed chance of being male. The ratio is 7:1 (male:female) so it will take a while to get a female Treecko. That goes for all the other starters too.

DieChavsDie

When do the levels of the VS Seeker Trainers go up? And which is the best place to train before the Elite 4? (IE Best trainers to train against)

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I was in the tall grass when I wanted to fly on my Charizard. I accidently pressed Cut and when I used it 4 patches of grass dissappeared. Why did that happen?

Shiny Blue Pikachu1 said:
I was in the tall grass when I wanted to fly on my Charizard. I accidently pressed Cut and when I used it 4 patches of grass dissappeared. Why did that happen?

Nothing to be afraid of - Its just a little addition to the game that nobody ever uses.

Think of it as a quirky novelty or something :S

Last edited:

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
Nothing to be afraid of - Its just a little addition to the game that nobody ever uses.

Think of it as a quirky novelty or something :S

Wow! Cool! I did not know something this amazing.

Mezase Master

Get to da ze!
I'm trying to trade eggs from my LeafGreen file to my new FireRed file, but it says "An egg can't be traded now." At what point can I trade eggs? Do I have to get the National Dex first, or can I do it sooner than that?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm trying to trade eggs from my LeafGreen file to my new FireRed file, but it says "An egg can't be traded now." At what point can I trade eggs? Do I have to get the National Dex first, or can I do it sooner than that?

You need to at least be to the point on both games where you have access to the Daycare, since eggs technically didn't exist in R/G the remakes hold to that.