• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
hmmm. what about Protect? Meaning that my list would be Surf, Ice Beam, Rest and Protect.

Protect by itself is useless. Pair it with Toxic and/or Wish (you'll have to breed for Wish, if I remember correctly)

another question. sorry haha. i'm ev training my vaporeon, and I think I may have missed a few ev points here and there. will battling more than 252 Gastlys dip into my total 510 ev limit, or will they not count?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
another question. sorry haha. i'm ev training my vaporeon, and I think I may have missed a few ev points here and there. will battling more than 252 Gastlys dip into my total 510 ev limit, or will they not count?

Yes, that'll be fine.

randomspot555

I've got 3 more badges to go: Saffron, Vermillion, and...whatever Blain's padge is.

I'm sitting at Fuschia City and I can Surf. Is it actually possible to avoid doing the Saffron City Team Rocket stuff? How far down Route 19 and the other water routes in the southern part of Kanto can I go before the game stops me and says "Go beat up Team Rocket"?

Quick question, I just accidently bought bootleg copies of leaf green and fire red on ebay. While I am trying to get my money back I was wondering if it was safe to trade pokemon from the counterfeit versions into my LEGIT leaf green copy? Thanks for any help provided.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Quick question, I just accidently bought bootleg copies of leaf green and fire red on ebay. While I am trying to get my money back I was wondering if it was safe to trade pokemon from the counterfeit versions into my LEGIT leaf green copy? Thanks for any help provided.
As I said in another Thread. It depends. It may damage the Legit game.

Chances are the DS/GC games won't work with it.

As I said in another Thread. It depends. It may damage the Legit game.

Chances are the DS/GC games won't work with it.

Thanks, so really no point in risking it. I'll just wait till I can get a legit Fire Red from Gamestop. I am going to pick up a legit Sapphire tonight.

randomspot555

Where's the best place to farm for more money pre-E4? I can only get past Lorelai. Is there a few trainers that give away tons of money somewheree in Kanto or the first 3 Sevii islands?

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
I have 2 quick questions...

1. Can eggs be traded
2. If so, will it have the OT of the trainer that had the egg, or the trainer that hatched it? (This question applys to both 3rd and 4th gen.)

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
1. Yes
2. Eggs always have the OT of the trainer that hatched them.

Thanks for the help! I was planning on doing a Porygon only run on my fire red. I did unfortuneatly learn the hard way that you cannot trade eggs without the national dex, so I have been doing a run with a Porygon that dosen't like me all that much, which has been interesting to say the least!

Ok I was going to catch Articuno on Leaf Green, and I am using my Gardevoir from Sapphire to help. I noticed that when I use Hypnosis it takes away 2 pp instead of 1. Anyone know why that is?

Edit- Nevermind just relized that it was the ability of the legendary birds.

Last edited:

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Can anyone recommend a good method for finding Entei? I have a Masterball so I can catch it right away. Oh btw I heard about one method where you go into the Pkmn Centre near Rock Tunnel and then keep going in and out. Anyway else would be appreciated.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Can anyone recommend a good method for finding Entei? I have a Masterball so I can catch it right away. Oh btw I heard about one method where you go into the Pkmn Centre near Rock Tunnel and then keep going in and out. Anyway else would be appreciated.

Until you see Entei for the first time there aren't any tricks. It's all a matter of luck.

arceus03

Is there a way to determine the nature of a traded (in-game) Pokemon? Like, if I want to have a Calm Mr. Mime, do I have to trade a certain-natured Abra or is it just... plain luck?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is there a way to determine the nature of a traded (in-game) Pokemon? Like, if I want to have a Calm Mr. Mime, do I have to trade a certain-natured Abra or is it just... plain luck?

According to this, the nature of in-game traded Pokemon in FireRed and LeafGreen is pre-set. So you'll always get the same nature :[

Canto

I'm at the Pokemon League in my LeafGreen. My Pokemon are all either 55 or 54 and I need to grind them up to at least 60. Where would be the best place to do this? Also, I have tried Victory Road and it didn't work so please don't say that. :p