• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i have a question. is there a easy way to find suicune as i have spent days looking for it and have wasted loads of max repels.

any help would be apresiated

Well, finding it is the hard part, now that you have found the Raikou all you have to do is encounter it again. To make it do quicker try flying to a centrally located place, such as Saffron City, and if Raikou is close, walk outside to the closest route, and see if Raikou moves to that route. If Raikou is farther away, just Fly back to Saffron City again. When you move to a new route, Raikou will only move to a route next to it, but if you use Fly, it will randomly appear at any route. When you finally get to the same route as Raikou, to find it quickly you could put a Level 50 Pokemon in the lead spot and use Repels. Try using a Wobbuffet as your lead Pokemon. I know that it is difficult to control how much damage you do with a Wobbuffet, but you should be able to get Raikou's HP down to a reasonable amount. Plus, Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag will keep the Raikou from running away. Give your Wobbuffet Leftovers for healing support if you have them. Also, it will help you to buy some Timer Balls, you can buy them on Island 2.
That post was two posts above yours. Look more carefully before posting a question.

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
Well, finding it is the hard part, now that you have found the Raikou all you have to do is encounter it again. To make it do quicker try flying to a centrally located place, such as Saffron City, and if Raikou is close, walk outside to the closest route, and see if Raikou moves to that route. If Raikou is farther away, just Fly back to Saffron City again. When you move to a new route, Raikou will only move to a route next to it, but if you use Fly, it will randomly appear at any route. When you finally get to the same route as Raikou, to find it quickly you could put a Level 50 Pokemon in the lead spot and use Repels. Try using a Wobbuffet as your lead Pokemon. I know that it is difficult to control how much damage you do with a Wobbuffet, but you should be able to get Raikou's HP down to a reasonable amount. Plus, Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag will keep the Raikou from running away. Give your Wobbuffet Leftovers for healing support if you have them. Also, it will help you to buy some Timer Balls, you can buy them on Island 2.

Well, I managed to get it into the red with my Dragonite and Pigeot (flying does less damage against Electric, which helps me control my damage output), then paralyzed it with my Dragonite since I lack an actual sleeper. Now I'm chasing it around with Dugtrio as my lead. Arena Trap keeps Raikou from running, and its ground type makes only Quick Attack do damage. The only problem now is whenever it does use Quick Attack, since the Dugtrio is only lvl 29, and I have to save before fighting in case it uses Roar.

I swear to God, after I Dongle all of these Pokemon over and start again, I'm just going to use my Master Ball on the beast and take my chances against Mewtwo; level 70 or not, at least I don't have to track it down without the Map Marker Poketch app...

GepeTo

Hummmm:

Q1: Anyone know something to keep winning in the game in celadon? (I forgot the name)

Q2: I just beat E4 easily, using potions and revive, you do that right guys? I was wondering if you try to beat them w/o healing any pokemon.

Q3: What is a good moveset for Alakazam? I just caught a level 64 Kadabra and I'm goin' to evolve it saturday.

Q4: Here is my team, PLEASE tell me what pokemon I should remove/add in my team, I really don't like it.

;006; 55:
- Flamethrower
- Blast Burn
- Cut
- Brick Break

;018; 55: (I really don't like him)
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Steel Wing
- Aerial Ace

;064; 64: (I remove my zapdos from team)
- Future Sight
- Psych
- Role Play
- Trick

;112; 53:
- Horn Drill
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Strenght

;149; 56:
- Wing Attack (I'll get Thunderbolt here)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

;134; 55:
- Bite
- Acid Armor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

That's it!!!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Q1: The slot machines? If so, it's based on luck. But some machines tend to pay out more than others (it just depends on your game. Also, you can save before you play and shut off if you end up with less than you started with.
Q2: I don't personally, I suck too much :p But I'm sure some people do.
Q3: In 3rd gen, Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch works great if you can breed.
Q4: In-game your team really doesn't matter. Just base it around what you like if it doesn't totally suck. If you dislike Pidgeot, just remove him for a Pokemon you like more. Just be sure to give it a logical moveset (take advantage of its natural stats, STAB, and maybe support moves if appropriate)

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
OK, I finally captured Raikou after being Roared away on at least 5 separate occasions, so now I have about 22 Pokemon to Dongle over to my Pearl Cart, which will take me 4 days or so. Now, my dilemma now is, which Starter should I pick for my next run through? I have baby Charmander and Bulbasaur on my Pearl cart already, so there's no real priority rush there. I'm leaning more towards Charmander right now, as I already raised Bulbasaur on my very first run through my Blue cartridge many years ago, plus I've never actually chosen the Fire starter before. What's everybody's opinions?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
This thread for that, please. But you can just choose whichever you like best... ionno.

Faerie

MONS
Legit?

Hi. I checked around and I'm pretty sure this is the right thread for this.

I was at the old Pokemon Rocks America (or whatever it's called) event a year or two ago, and someone traded me a Celebi. It was from either Fire Red or Leaf Green, and I want to know if it's legit. Here are the details:

Name: CELEBI (no nickname, I assume)
OT: KURT
ID: 32618
Came with a Lum Berry
Caught in a Master Ball
I think it came at Lv. 5.

It has the normal ability, moveset and stats for a Celebi. In fact, everything about it matches the description in the Dex entry on Serebii. However, since someone traded it to me, I can't be entirely sure whether it's legit or not; and I DID check the Event-Pokemon list on Serebii, and I couldn't find anything matching the description. Do you think it's legit?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It is not legit at all. The only legit English Celebi is the 10ANIV one.

LordKelvin

It's not Lupus.
Given that it's in a Master Ball, I'm quite sure it's not legit. IIRC most event Pokemon come in a Cherish Ball, and the OT is usually a special name (for example, GameStop Deoxys's OT is GAMESTP).

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
is it possible to sr for a shiny raikou?

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
is it possible to sr for a shiny raikou?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I believe it's set when you get the National Dex, so if it is, then you can.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
ok thanks and iwas wondering how does the numbers with your trainer card affect if a pokemon is shiny and can you give me an example of a good trainer card number

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Nothing affects your chances of getting a shiny in the 3rd gen. It's always 1/8192.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
i know the odds but the numbers they chose are from 3 random and 1 from your trainer card then they either add all them and it has to be lower than 8 or all them have to be lower then 8 idk

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
...wait, what? Explain better, please.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
ok go to the game mechanics page and click on shiny pokemon youll see what i mean

EDIT i was wondering when you catch one of the dogs when you migrate it to pearl do its ivs get better or are they still 0/1

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
if you softreset it doesnt harm your game but if you turn it on and off it could delete your file