• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
ok go to the game mechanics page and click on shiny pokemon youll see what i mean

EDIT i was wondering when you catch one of the dogs when you migrate it to pearl do its ivs get better or are they still 0/1
I don't see a thing about Trainer Cards. And no, IV's are always the same.

if you softreset it doesnt harm your game but if you turn it on and off it could delete your file
Don't post fake answers. It can't delete your file.

Hard-reseting (turning off the GBA) over and over again is bad for the battery and the system, but it won't hurt your game.

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Just a quick question really - do natures in FR/LG (flame body inparticular) have their added affects like they do in R/S/E and D/P? I.E, does having my Slugma with Flame Body next to an egg in my team make it hatch quicker?

Thanks in advance :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just a quick question really - do natures in FR/LG (flame body inparticular) have their added affects like they do in R/S/E and D/P? I.E, does having my Slugma with Flame Body next to an egg in my team make it hatch quicker?

Thanks in advance :)

No, the additional effects are only for Emerald (and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) ;)

Ammako

but if you turn it on and off it could delete your file

If this is real, then when you turn off your game then turn it on to continue playing later, you could lose your save file.

OT: What would be a good nature for a Squirtle, since I will restart Fire-Red once I finish Emerald and trading my Pokémon to Emerald?

I'm leaning towards + speed and - Defence nature, since I will need both Attack and Special attack, and Squirtle's speed is low. What is your opinion?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm leaning towards + speed and - Defence nature, since I will need both Attack and Special attack, and Squirtle's speed is low. What is your opinion?

If you need both Attack and Special attack then there isn't much you can do, you can either lower Defense or Special Defense while raising Speed, or just pick a neutral nature =/

Aggron217

Shine 4 Me
I don't see a thing about Trainer Cards. And no, IV's are always the same.

Don't post fake answers. It can't delete your file.

Hard-reseting (turning off the GBA) over and over again is bad for the battery and the system, but it won't hurt your game.

this is shiny bagon and i meant to say go to psypokes.com and click on there shiny pokemon page and read about it

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
...so you have two accounts? That's not allowed. Don't do it.

The particular ID has nothing to do with how likely it is.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!

no that was my friends accont i just wanted to post this and can you explain to me what psypokes saays cause i am confused when i am reading it

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It basically just says that two of the numbers are derived from your ID/SID. Any number has the same chance of triggering a shiny... it's just giving some background information on how the numbers are generated. If you're still confused, don't worry about it, your ID/SID/Trainer Score/whatever does not affect your chances of getting a shiny in a positive or negative way

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
It basically just says that two of the numbers are derived from your ID/SID. Any number has the same chance of triggering a shiny... it's just giving some background information on how the numbers are generated. If you're still confused, don't worry about it, your ID/SID/Trainer Score/whatever does not affect your chances of getting a shiny in a positive or negative way

ok thanks i couldnt understand what they were saying now back to my main question to sr for shiny raikou iam going to beat the elite four save in front of oak before i get my national pokedex then when i get the national dex run around for raikou then sr and search for raikou again right?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
i bought a fire red at my local Gamestop and the previous owner has gotten one of the plates, so i went to look for the other one. I went to the dotted hole but there was a scientist guy there saying dont look so envious.... i went to the warehouse to see if i could get in, but i have only one code. i dont know wat to do. Pleaz Help

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
i bought a fire red at my local Gamestop and the previous owner has gotten one of the plates, so i went to look for the other one. I went to the dotted hole but there was a scientist guy there saying dont look so envious.... i went to the warehouse to see if i could get in, but i have only one code. i dont know wat to do. Pleaz Help

Go to the Ice Cave in the fourth Island. Get HM Waterfall, and use it to get through the waterfall into another section of Ice Cave. You'll have to beat the Rocket to get the second password. Then you can open the Warehouse.

Aggron217

Shine 4 Me
when u beat the elite four, when is the earliest time that i could turn off my game knowing that the game is saved and that i will appear at pallet town?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Probably once the credits start. But why not just leave it on to be safe anyway?

Ammako

But just before you see each Pokémon of your team it says "Saving... Don't turn off the power." then it shows your team.

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Bit of a question. What are the movesets for Deoxys when you catch them? Both FR and LG, please. All I know is that they differ.