• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fire Red and Leaf Green Help Thread - Small questions go here!

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
beat the elite four and capture at least 60 pokemon
I only got the National Dex?

Don't forget you have to give the Sapphire to Celio for the dogs to start roaming.

And to quote Shiny Trainer:

I don't know about the pattern, but they are quite easy to find, actually.

Go to route between Celadon & Saffron (Route 7) while having a Level 30-49 Pokemon as the first Pokemon in your team, along with a bunch of Repels.

Use the repel, and search the grass. If the repel runs out and you haven't found the Beast, go to Celadon, use repel, return to the grass and search again, and keep doing it until you find the Beast. Throw your Masterball, and it's yours ;)

rocko

hihowru
While sring for shiny starters do you need to battle Gary or just check your pokemon because on gamefaqs someone told me you had to battle him,is this true?

rocko said:
While sring for shiny starters do you need to battle Gary or just check your pokemon because on gamefaqs someone told me you had to battle him,is this true?

You don't necessarily have to battle Gary, but you certainly can't tell wether it is shiny or not just by looking at the picture that pops up while it is still on Oak's table.

Once you grab the 'mon, have a look at its stats and assorted data - you should be able to tell wether it is shiny or not from there.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I somehow missed to pick up HM Flash, on Route 2. I'm in Cerulean now. Is there any way I could go back and pick it up?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I somehow missed to pick up HM Flash, on Route 2. I'm in Cerulean now. Is there any way I could go back and pick it up?
You couldn't get it anyway. Since you don't have Cut. Carry on until you reach Vermilion City. The Diglett's Cave is the place to get back to Pewter City.

Pikapalo

I was wondering if my LeafGreen is fake. I was able to transfer Pokemon to my Pearl, but for some reason the inside says (MB) next to Nintendo in a circle with no actual date. Everything else looks legitimate.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I was wondering if my LeafGreen is fake. I was able to transfer Pokemon to my Pearl, but for some reason the inside says (MB) next to Nintendo in a circle with no actual date. Everything else looks legitimate.
Where does it say (MB) next to Nintendo, the loading screen?

There is a 10 letter long code on every GBA and DS game, what's the code? If the last 3 letters has USA and it does not have a ESRB rating, it's fake.

shiny dvilla

Something wrong here

Well, some days ago I finished my FR game and prepared to transfer the team to my emerald file. The problem is, I can't. When I go to the 2º stage of the Pokemon Centre and I "link", both games just stay there saying "Please wait. Press B to cancel". I don't know why. I have beaten the E4, gieven Celio the Saphire and the Ruby...I am really screwed up-

Can someone help me out? I offer one of my shinies

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Have you beaten the Elite 4 in Emerald and obtained the National Dex?

If you aren't seeing any sort of connection between the games, then it may be due to a problem with the link cable.

Should you try to connect a Fire Red/Leaf Green game (in which you haven't yet completed the Celio sidequest) to a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Game Pak, then you would get a normal "link error" message on RSE and the message "I'm awfully sorry. We're not set up to conduct trades with TRAINERS far away in another region yet..." in the FRLG game.

If you aren't seeing this, then check your link cable and the EXT. socket you connect it to on the GBA for dust, signs of damage, or anything else that might be interfering with the connection.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I'd first check if both GBA systems can signal that they are charging...[they need to be GBA systems---the DS cannot use the GBA link anyway; it doesn't fit] ....if they both show that they can charge, I'd assume that the cables aren't working properly...

Did you make sure that the cables are linked all the way? [one end of the cable not entirely in?]

Ammako

Is it a dual-console link cable?
By this, I mean the ones that can be used with both the GBC and the GBA.
And usually, there's a little switch in the middle to switch between GBC and GBA mode.
So, if you're using a cable like this, well check if the swtich is on GBA.

Seems dumb, but I have a cable like that, and sometimes I accidentally switch it to GBC mode, then I don't know why it won't work.

shiny dvilla

YESSS!!

I finally made it! The problem was this: I have two GBA SP, and the old GBC Link Cable, and another pink link cable that lets you connect up to 4 players. With the GBC one it doesn't work, the console acts as if I weren't connected to anything. But the other one, has some letters on each socket ( 1P, 2P, 3P, 4P) which I have just discovered. What I had to do is connect 1P with 2P and not randomly like before.

Thanks to you all and sorry for creating a new thread for this, but I looked for a FR/LG Help Thread and didn't find it...

Does anybody have advice as to catching the Legendary Dogs?

I have a Crobat that knows Mean Look, and a Wobbuffet (level 52, and 58 respectively, and Crobat with a Naive nature, so I have no fear of them fleeing on me), but what I want to know is if there is a place that is more likely that they are seen than another.

I have played through both fireRed and LeafGreen multiple times, and they are the only Pokes I haven't bothered with, and now I want to. I'm pretty sure that this is all I have left to do since I have captured at least one of every non-event pokemon in the games, beat the elite 4 twice, and com[pleted all of the side quests in the Sevii Isles.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anybody have advice as to catching the Legendary Dogs?

I have a Crobat that knows Mean Look, and a Wobbuffet, but what I want to know is if there is a place that is more likely that they are seen than another.

I have played through both fireRed and LeafGreen multiple times, and they are the only Pokes I haven't bothered with, and now I want to. I'm pretty sure that this is all I have left to do since I have captured at least one of every non-event pokemon in the games, beat the elite 4 twice, and com[pleted all of the side quests in the Sevii Isles.

There's no areas they appear more than others. They just switch areas randomly. So until you see one you wont be able to track it. Just use a level 40 Pokemon and use Repels, that way only the dogs can appear. But again, until you see one you wont know what area they're in.

There's no areas they appear more than others. They just switch areas randomly. So until you see one you wont be able to track it. Just use a level 40 Pokemon and use Repels, that way only the dogs can appear. But again, until you see one you wont know what area they're in.

That's what I was afraid of. I have over 300 (Three Hundred) hours of game play time on my Leaf Green so far, and over 150 (one hundred fifty) hours of game play time on Fire Red so far, and still nothing of them.