• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion

Paradox

Irate Pirate
What's the deal with the red water then? Is it refined into the red gel and then refined further [spoil](With added humans)[/spoil] into the philosopher's stone?

Chris

Old Coot
The first red water we see is an unfinished test by Nash Tringham to create the Philosopher's Stone. Mugwar intended to use pregnant women as vessels to help change the form of the liquid into solid stone.

However, the red water we later see in Laboratory 5 and in Dr. Marcoh's home is the result of a nearly complete liquid that's more stable and can change into the shape of solid. This red water holds lives of many prisoners, though it's incomplete due to not having the right amount of people being sacrificed for it to become complete.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Bah... the English episodes have been totally mutilated, half of episode 26 has just gone missing from the Japanese version. Are the DVD's any better than the aired ones for this?

Chris

Old Coot
Paradox said:
Bah... the English episodes have been totally mutilated, half of episode 26 has just gone missing from the Japanese version. Are the DVD's any better than the aired ones for this?
Mutilated? Buddy, I did episode comparisons for the series. Only episode to have any kind of major cuts would be episode 25 due to time constraints (and it involved Sheska running around).

The DVDs are uncut, however the only things you'll be seeing that were pretty much clipped through the entire series are really only pieces where Scar blows someone's head up. That's about it.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
31 and 48 have about 10 minutes cut out.

I still can't understand why Hughes walked straight into the trap in Ep 25 even though he knew what it was

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Must just be where Im getting them from then.

I really should have considered the possibility of spoilers before clicking on those links

S

Shining_Espeon

I saw the episode "Mother" this weekend. So sad! I finally got a gist of the background of he characters though. Well, I already did, but still. I think it was one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

I have a question about the villians though.

-Scar: What's his deal? Why does he keep killing people in the military?

-The black-haired woman, the short, bald, cannibal guy, and the girl/woman with the long spiky hair that can transform herself into different people: What are their names, their background info, and what do they do throughout the series?

ShadowCloud62

Child at Heart
Scar, I'll leave Edward Elric (the mod) to explain that.

Black haired woman: Lust
Cannibal guy: Gluttony
MAN with long hair and transforms: Envy
All three are Homunculous. I'm afraid I can't reveal all too much since it would bring spoilers throughout the series.

2kool4skool

Orange Champion
Shining_Espeon said:
I saw the episode "Mother" this weekend. So sad! I finally got a gist of the background of he characters though. Well, I already did, but still. I think it was one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

I have a question about the villians though.

-Scar: What's his deal? Why does he keep killing people in the military?

-The black-haired woman, the short, bald, cannibal guy, and the girl/woman with the long spiky hair that can transform herself into different people: What are their names, their background info, and what do they do throughout the series?
If you just keep watching the series you will get to know all of the characters you just listed without someone having to summerize it for you which pretty much just ruins the whole thing.

Oh...my...god. Check out what I was lucky enough to download just now: the version of Brothers that Vic sung last year~! It. Is. AWESOME. And maybe good enough proof into getting us dub image songs~!~!

...Meh, I can dream, can't I? Nya...:p

Last edited:

Fullmetal_Alchemist

Demented Fangirl
I've heard it too, it's good, but I prefer the Japanese image songs :D

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
Well, I finally did it. I got all the Fullmetal Alchemist subbed episodes and watched them during yesterday-today. I'm finished now, thankfully.
And now I'm really hooked. So hooked, that after I post this I'm going back to watch them again.
Oh, how addicting anime is....

ShadowCloud62

Child at Heart
Well, every anime is rather addicting, but for me, I'm an FMA addict!!!
I do love the credit songs they play though, especially the last ending credit song, 'I Will'.

Token

Technicly, Gluttony isn't a cannibal. If you notice, he isn't human. To be a cannibal is to eat a member of ones own species. While Gluttony was human, he isn't now, and therefore is not a cannibal. QPQ. He is freaky though. there are seven of his species, and each one is the personification of one of the seven deadly sins. I won't go in to detail, but suffice to say, each one of them has a power that will make you say "PWNT" then again, im sinfull, therefore i am biased. I found a site where you can get the FMA OST for iTunes. I'm listening to "Brothers" right now.

On another note, I saw episode four for the first time, seeing as I missed about half of the episodes. -_- Some with episode three. Can't wait to see eight, it was intensly emotional in the manga, let alone on the telly. Majahal was one forked up breifcase though. geez. The man who plays Ed has come along way from the first few wppisodes though. He sounded nothing like a ten year old.

2kool4skool

Orange Champion
Corey said:
The man who plays Ed has come along way from the first few wppisodes though. He sounded nothing like a ten year old.
In the first couple of episodes Ed isn't ten, he's 15. The show starts out with Ed and Al in Lior and then the third episode starts at the beginning of their journey.

Fullmetal_Alchemist

Demented Fangirl
Vic's Ed had grown on me alot since I first heard him, and IMO he does a pretty good job on the last few episodes and in the second game, but really, Romi's is better :D

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
Corey said:
Technicly, Gluttony isn't a cannibal. If you notice, he isn't human. To be a cannibal is to eat a member of ones own species. While Gluttony was human, he isn't now, and therefore is not a cannibal. QPQ. He is freaky though. there are seven of his species, and each one is the personification of one of the seven deadly sins. I won't go in to detail, but suffice to say, each one of them has a power that will make you say "PWNT" then again, im sinfull, therefore i am biased. I found a site where you can get the FMA OST for iTunes. I'm listening to "Brothers" right now.

On another note, I saw episode four for the first time, seeing as I missed about half of the episodes. -_- Some with episode three. Can't wait to see eight, it was intensly emotional in the manga, let alone on the telly. Majahal was one forked up breifcase though. geez. The man who plays Ed has come along way from the first few wppisodes though. He sounded nothing like a ten year old.
I remember reading that GLuttony had no human life and was simply made for the Philosopher's Stone.

What are talking about when you mean FMA OST on iTunes? It's not on there.

Token

I downloaded it off the internet. If ya wan't I could send you the link via PM. While Gluttony in the anime did have a human life, we know nothing about it. We know that [SPOIL]Greed was one of Dante's lovers, Envy was her son, Sloth is Trisha Elric, Wrath is Izumi's son,and thatLust was Scar's brother's lover,but who Pride and Gluttony were we don't know. However, if he did not, then he would be a chimera rather than a Homunculus, as the Homunculi were all transmuted from the remains of a dead person. Why do you think it is called "Human Transmutation?" [/SPOIL] As for the not ten thing, in "Mother," Ed is shown as a six year old and a ten year old. That is what I meant, and in "A Forger's Love," he is roughly eleven. Even when he is fifteen, he sounds too much like an adult compared to Alphonse, whom is only a year younger than him. Then again, all I have for experiencee in the voice diffrence in age is my brother whom is six years younger than me.

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
[SPOIL]I don't think the Homonculi are transmuted from people's reamins.
Otherwise,Ed would've used his mother's bones or hair to revive her. I think you've gotten it mixed up with their weakness.[/SPOIL]