• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion

Chris

Old Coot
Kris Bambii said:
I read somewhere that his Japanese VA accually put a bucket on her head to create the effect. At first she thought it was rediculous but she grew to like playing him that way.

~*Kris*~
I recall hearing something like that, though I haven't heard if that was confirmed or not since she'd need to be able to read her lines. XD

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Rufinito18 said:
FMA is the best anime I've watched.
Its simple XD

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Edward Elric
I recall hearing something like that, though I haven't heard if that was confirmed or not since she'd need to be able to read her lines. XD

Perhaps they were written inside the bucket XD

Does anyone know the name of the opening them from (I think) series 3? The one after Ready Steady Go.

Edit: The picture in the first post isn't working, Ed. Thought I'd point it out :D

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
DriveshafT said:
Agreed.

Perhaps they were written inside the bucket XD

Does anyone know the name of the opening them from (I think) series 3? The one after Ready Steady Go.

Edit: The picture in the first post isn't working, Ed. Thought I'd point it out :D
Can't be bothered to go through every single image in this thread and redirect it to my newer link. >_>

And the opening after Ready Steady Go is UNDO.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Thanks for that ;)

I just watched episode 33, the Japanese subs have confused me a bit, is Greed called the 'Human Sheild' or the 'Unbreakeable Sheild', two different subs have given him two different names, hell, it's probably something completely different XD I haven't found an english dub since about episode 26 D:

Greed looks awesome when he goes all.....shieldy.

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
He's called the Ultimate/Unbreakable Shield last I checked. Human Shield or Unbreakable,it still means that he can't be penetrated...........but Ed disproved that of course XD.

Chris

Old Coot
It's Mightiest Shield, actually, according to the DVD subs. Although it can also translate to Ultimate Shield.

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
I actually never knew that. Ah well, I guess you learn something new about FMA all the time.^_^.

Chris

Old Coot
Thing is is that when you think about it, Mightiest makes more sense than Ultimate.

Ultimate sounds more like it's the best shield of all shields. Mightiest, while silly sounding, means it's of great power and is imposing to a certain degree. When you think about it, it makes sense due to Ed finding a way around the shield and breaking past that certain degree.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
I watched episode 34, when Ed defeats Greed. The way he did it was so...smart, figuring out how Greed created the shield and then making it dissapear. And yeah, 'Mightiest' makes more sense than 'Ultimate', 'Ultimate' just sounds better XD

I liked (can't remember whether it was episode 33 or 34) how beast man (the chimera that transforms into...that thing) decapitated Greed and then you get to watch him grow his head back. :p

Fullmetal_Alchemist

Demented Fangirl
Anyone lucky enough to be going to Anime Expo this year?

"Anime Expo® and FUNimation® Entertainment are pleased to announce that the U.S. premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa will be held at Anime Expo in the Main Events hall in the Anahiem Convention Center on Monday, July 3rd from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.

The event will be hosted by Anime Expo 2006 official Guests of Honor Japanese Movie Director Seiji Mizushima, Japanese Voice Actor for Edward Elric Romi Paku, U.S. Voice Actor for Edward Elric Vic Mignogna and FUNimation Guest U.S. English Dub Director Mike McFarland and Special Guest Masahiko Minami, President of Studio Bones. Following the movie, a question and answer session with the audience will be held."

http://www.anime-expo.org

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Bah, I can't go, it being overseas and all :( I hope the movie gets released here, be it cinematic or DVD. Australia gets shafted when it comes to anime. We get Pokemon and *shudder* One Piece. That's it.

And does anyone know if theres an english version of the FMA GBA game? It's just I've got the *coughROMcough* in Japanese and I have no idea what's going on :s

That's an awesome quote aswell, Fullmetal XD.

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
DriveshafT said:
Bah, I can't go, it being overseas and all :( I hope the movie gets released here, be it cinematic or DVD. Australia gets shafted when it comes to anime. We get Pokemon and *shudder* One Piece. That's it.

And does anyone know if theres an english version of the FMA GBA game? It's just I've got the *coughROMcough* in Japanese and I have no idea what's going on :s

That's an awesome quote aswell, Fullmetal XD.
Nope, the game isn't out,I was wondering that too. Broken Angel was a steaming pile of crap, I haven't played Dual Symphony, and the sequel to Broken Angel was so short that I beat it in a few hours.
And unfournately, I'm not going to Anime Expo.>>

Chris

Old Coot
It appears there won't be any more US FMA game releases. The last two games sold badly and Square-Enix has no plans to release any of the other PS2 games. No one plans on releasing the GBA and DS games.

leafblader

Marsh Trainer
Really? I actually wanted to see if The Girl Who Succeeded God was going to be any good. Curse of the Crimson Elixir was an improvement on Broken Angel so maybe it could've actually been good.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
What do the PS2 games involve? I heard they're RPG's but that's about it.

And that's crap about the GBA and DS games, I want them, the GBA one looks good. :( Stupid Square Enix.

Fullmetal_Alchemist

Demented Fangirl
DriveshafT said:
What do the PS2 games involve? I heard they're RPG's but that's about it.

And that's crap about the GBA and DS games, I want them, the GBA one looks good. :( Stupid Square Enix.

Yeah they're RPGs, you mainly run round beating up bad guys and transmuting stuff XD. It's a real shame that Dream Carnival and Girl who Succeeded God aren't getting an English release, because they look really interesting. And the game 3 cutscenes are good, the animation is way better than that in Broken Angel, though I can't understand why those guys are after Sophie in the first place. [SPOIL] Not to mention the random one at the end where Ed gets stabbed, that was just WTF[/SPOIL]

leafblader

Marsh Trainer
Pretty much Ed, Al and Winry are continuing on they're journey to Ishbal and they stumble on and Ishbalan refugee camp where an Ishbal exile tells them the truth regarding the way Ishbal creates a Philosopher's Stone which is no different than the normal way except that more lives are required.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Whoa, thanks. I've seen that episode XD. May aswell go watch 36 now :D

Which brings me to another question. Are there any english DVD's? Or plans for any? Because I would really like to buy all the episodes and then the movie when it is eventually released (in english) and the only place I'd probably be able to buy them in Australia would be an EzyDVD store, and even then chances are slim.

Last edited: