• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official FullMetal Alchemist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Heart

Happy Rival!
I couldn't seem to find a thread to discuss the show, so I decided to make one.

For those of you who have never watched the show(who hasn't?), it's about two boys named Edward and Alphonse Elric and thier search for a legendary Alchemic amplifier called the Philosopher's Stone. But along the way they have to face homunculis and many other dangers. They plan to use the stone to correct a mistake that they had made long ago. (They tried to bring their mother back which resulted in Ed losing an arm and leg while Al lost his whole body)

There are 51(52?) episodes in all, seeing as how they ended the series earlier this year. (Nooooo!!!!!)

I figured that to avoid confusion with terms and all that, I actually took the time to make a list of terms to know.

Alchemy: A type of science/magic that the people use. Some use it for simple needs such as transmuting metal into something or repairing an object they might have broken. Others have(and mostly failed) at trying to turn lead into gold, making chimeras, and bringing people back from the dead.

Transmute: The act of performing alchemy(to be quite honest, that definition has always been fuzzy to me, so I'm sorry if it's not completely accurate)

Homunculis: They are failed human transmutations. (half the time though, they are successful) In the show, there are 7 main homunculis named Envy, Lust, Gluttoney, Greed, Wrath, Pride, and Sloth. And like the way they sound, they all have traits that are somewhat linked to their names.

State Alchemist(The military):It's like the army, only the people use alchemy for combat and other things. When you are in the military, you are known as a "dog with a leash" because you have to always follow orders, even if you had to kill someone. In the show, Ed is in the military and is known as the "FullMetal Alchemist", hence the name of the show. They all carry around watches the shows them as part of the military.

Chimeras: They are creatures that are fused together to make one whole creature. Humans can be used to make chimeras, not just animals. In the show, there are many chimeras that Ed and Al face, like the Nina chimera(that episode made me cry!!!) and the ones that escaped from Warehouse Five.

The Ishbalins: They are a race of people that have been at war with the State Alchemists for a long time. It is rumored that they were the first to create a Philosophers Stone.

Automail: A type of metal that can be made into limbs for people that need them(like Ed)

Well, I think I covered all the need to know terms for people that may be confused to definitions used in the show. Now for the people themselves. I'm not naming all the people, just the main characters.

Edward Elric(Ed): The youngest ever to join the military(he's 15 now), he is on a search for the Philosopher's Stone with his brother Alphonse. He hates milk and when people call him short. Abides by the law of Equivilent Exchange(I'll get to that later)

Alphonse Elric(Al): Ed's younger brother(He is 14), he travels to find the Philosopher's Stone with his brother. He loves cats. A lot. He is kinda shy, and wishes that he was able to do things like eat and sleep. (His whole body is a suit of armor) Both him and Ed's hometown is Reseembool where they lived with Winry and Pinako.

Winry Rockbell: A good friend of the Elric brothers and is Ed's mechanic for his automail arms and legs. Loves anything related to mechanics. Lost her parents in the Ishbal War and resides with Auntie(I think) Pinako.

Pinako: An old lady that has been taking care of Ed and Al since their mother's death.

I will post the rest of the characters when I have the time and the Equivilent Exchange law.

Status
Not open for further replies.