• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Game Help Thread

Blazios

Guys, on the PC version of Sonic Generations, how the hell does drift work? I'm pressing the right key, it's also used for zooming in the hubworld, but it doesn't do anything in levels.

I'd ask on the actual thread for the game, but it'd be a double post.

You have to press both left or right on the keyboard as well as the Lt and Rt button.

I have to admit, I couldn't use it well enough to be functional until I got a proper controller.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You have to press both left or right on the keyboard as well as the Lt and Rt button.

I have to admit, I couldn't use it well enough to be functional until I got a proper controller.

Do you have to press the direction key at the same times as the drift key, or is it OK to press drift while already holding direction?

I think it might be a problem with my copy of the game TBH. I've tried drifting multiple times and with different key combinations and I haven't got it to work even once, but on the Xbox demo I played at the shop I managed to pull it off fairly easily.

I'll consider a controller, but it seems wasteful when one would cost almost as much as the game itself (£19 is the cheapest I've seen), and I'd only use it for the one game.

Blazios

It's OK to press the button while holding the direction.

By the way, you do have to hold the drift button too. I'm assuming you knew that, though.

PsychicPsycho

EDIT: kind of figured this out on my own. My advice to anyone else is in white

I started playing Dead Rising a couple days ago, and I can't help but feel like I suck at it. Right now, I'm just going with doing the cases and ignoring everything else.

Does anyone have any first time tips I can use? I'm talking just general things, really.

Ignore the cases during your first playthrough, and go for the zombie genocider achievement. Pick up the horror novel (for extra PP) from Bachman Books in Paradise Plaza, then go to the parking lot in Leisure Park. Pick up the red car and drive around the maintenence tunnels running over zombies. You'll get a ton of PP and level up a lot, helping your health, attack, speed and stock. The red car will eventually break, but there's a truck in the tunnels underneath Seon's store, and a white car beneath paradise plaza

Also wondering about the following:
-how do you get that Kent guy (the other photographer) to leave you alone? I take the first two pictures like he says, but then he won't go away and doesn't seem to tell you to do anything else.

The first photo you need to take is of Kent taking a picture. The second is when he does his fist pump. He'll disappear for 24 hrs after this

-I noticed on the map there seem to be a number of restrooms that are behind doors requiring a 'maintenance key'. Where can you find this key?

It's in the maintenence tunnels. When entering the tunnels from Leisure Park, take the first right, then the first left, then the first right. It's in the room at the end of this tunnel.

Last edited:

Arceusgamer14

I'm playing Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and just want to ask a quick question. Should I worry about the Oblivion Gates? And how do they appear?

Abstinence Pistols

In Terraria why aren't any NPC's moving in? I'm pretty sure I built the houses correctly...

Check the wiki. Also:
-The entire floor cannot be wood platforms - there must be at least one solid block for the NPC to stand on.
-Make sure you placed the background walls - world-generated walls (like in a cave) don't count.
-A door opening inward will take up one block. If you're right on the space limit, consider adding more room.
-Use the housing query if all else fails.

Agent DJ

Like a BOSS!!!!!!!!!
Are there actually zombies at the end of the campaing in Cod: W@W? I have finished it twice and no zombies have appeared. Please answer back in a VM or PM. Thanks!

Arceusgamer14

Help me! In Oblivion I've become a Vampire and I need to find the five Grand Stones so that lady will let me know how to cure vamparisim.
I already found three in Crayfish Cave, Nornal, and Squandered Mine. I need to know where the others are. I also pickpocketed the guy at the Chorrol Mages Guild.

PsychicPsycho

I'm trying to play Left 4 Dead solo (3 AI controlled teammates), and I'm having a horrible time doing expert. Does anyone have any good tips for playing this game? I'm particularly interested in tank strategies- I feel like I'm shooting a wall, emptying entire clips in its face with no apparent affect.

Also, wondering it there's any difference between choosing 'Play Single Player' or 'Play Campaign' and then playing on your own.

Last edited:

Arceusgamer14

Two Helps please
First in Red Dead Redemption, I seem to have trouble trying to save people's lives at the Hang rock area where outlaws hang innocent people, I can't seem to shoot the gallow rope on the tree. Do I have to shoot it or something?

And I also need help with Star Ocean Til The End of Time.
I'm at the moon base level where I learn the bittersweet truth about the Main Characters, and I have an option to bring Peppita or not? If I leave Peppita will I recuit her back later or should I bring her, I heard you could bring another Elcoorion (Nel, Roger and Abel) with you, what should I do?

Arceusgamer14

Okay this is a really dumb question about Red Dead Redemption. But I just want to prevent myself from spoilers but, where does Undead Nightmare take place? during the game or after the main game? Sorry to ask such a stupid question.

PsychicPsycho

Edit: I actually figured this stuff out on my own. Answers in white.

I've been playing Gears of War 2 and had some questions.

-I noticed in the 'Unlockables' part of the journal, it says you can unlock RAAM, Minh and someone else by having certain GoW 1 achievements. I've got these achievements, but the characters are still locked. Is there something I need to do to unlocked them?

You need to log into xbox live and they should unlock. Can't confirm since I don't have it.

-For the multiplayer achievement saying they need to be done in public, these must be done over Xbox live, correct?

Yes, that's true. Only the 4 achievements saying they need to be done in public and the one that asks you to submit a photo must be done over XBL.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Questions on Metal Gear Solid 3:

At what part of the game can you save at to where The End dies of old age?

Is there a good list out there of hornet nest locations, or at least a good rule of thumb?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Questions on Metal Gear Solid 3:

At what part of the game can you save at to where The End dies of old age?

Is there a good list out there of hornet nest locations, or at least a good rule of thumb?

1. That's during the fight with The End. Save, exit, turn whatever system's clock forward by a week, reload save, dead. You can also kill him early on right after the Ocelot revolver juggling cutscene, get out a sniper and you can kill him before he's wheeled back inside. Of course doing this prevents you from getting the Moss Camo and Mosin Nagant.

2. I know there's one hornet nest before the first bridge you go to (indicated by the cutscene) and apparently there's one on the other side of the bridge as well. Another one is found during the fight with Ocelot, and in Svyatogornyj before the fight with The End.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Are there actually zombies at the end of the campaing in Cod: W@W? I have finished it twice and no zombies have appeared. Please answer back in a VM or PM. Thanks!

After the final mission in the Reichstag, you are supposed to unlock zombies mode and start playing Nacht Der Untoten. But I thought Treyarch made a patch where anyone could play zombies without having to play the campaign.

Okay this is a really dumb question about Red Dead Redemption. But I just want to prevent myself from spoilers but, where does Undead Nightmare take place? during the game or after the main game? Sorry to ask such a stupid question.

It takes place in an alternative timeline/universe when the player (John) gets in about 3/4 of the story:
It is when John finally gets his family back and is setting up his old farm again.

The original story had a different ending to undead nightmare which was much more powerful whilst undead nightmare is what we can consider an alternate universe to the game but with a similar ending. Basically some of the character fates alternate in each game.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

I'm near the end of Blue Dragon, and what are the best skill combinations for everybody? Willing to grind for everybody to have every skill. I've already done that 2/3 in the Southern Desert Island. Shu already has every skill.

Also, does the game end after the final bosses? As in, the file becomes unplayable?

Last edited: