• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Game Help Thread

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
No problem. You picked a great game by the way. I used to play it a few years back. I can't believe I still remember the controls lol.

Abstinence Pistols

No problem. You picked a great game by the way. I used to play it a few years back. I can't believe I still remember the controls lol.

I used to play Quake more, but I picked it up on sale at GOG and it's a blast. I'm horrible, I went like 1 and 30 online, hahaha. It's still tons of fun, though.

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
You know you're playing a great game if you go 1 and 30 and you still have fun. I might pick it up again just to relive the memories.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
In Dishonored (X-Box 360), does getting the High Chaos during the first fight with the 'dream' Corvo in The Brigmore Witches void the 'Low Chaos' achievements (such as Enough Coins to Disappear, Changed Ways, etc)? This is when I picked the High Chaos from the menu, so that I can retain over 7,000 coins to make a run for Enough Coins to Disappear achievement.

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
Unfortunately, getting the High Chaos during the first fight does void the Low Chaos achievements. I think you might have to replay from the beginning. If you do decide to replay it, here's a tip to save some time. Save somewhere in the middle of mission 2, A Stay of Execution for Lizzy, during your Low Chaos playthrough. Once you have gotten all the achievements for Low Chaos, you can load up that save from mission 2 and go on a High Chaos spree. The achievements should still count.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Unfortunately, getting the High Chaos during the first fight does void the Low Chaos achievements. I think you might have to replay from the beginning. If you do decide to replay it, here's a tip to save some time. Save somewhere in the middle of mission 2, A Stay of Execution for Lizzy, during your Low Chaos playthrough. Once you have gotten all the achievements for Low Chaos, you can load up that save from mission 2 and go on a High Chaos spree. The achievements should still count.

Actually, I did the 'Low Chaos' run from 2nd Mission (prison) to the Final Mission and still got all 'Low Chaos' achievements, even though I got the High Chaos status during the fight with 'dream' corvo (1st Mission) when I picked the High Chaos from the menu. Guess it didn't matter whether you got Low Chaos or High Chaos status during the fight against 'dream' Corvo (1st Mission).

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Okay, this isn't a question on how to unlock something in a game, but more of a functional problem.

In Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (PS3) I seem to be having this freezing problem. I bought the game used, but it had almost no scratches. The freezing problem comes in cutscenes and battles. The menus are fine. For the minor cutscenes on the map of Japan, the voice stops and then the game freezes. On the battlefield, it usually happens when someone is about to speak. The text bubble pops up, but the voice doesn't come. Then the music stops playing and eventually my character will freeze.

I'm using a PS3 slim, 500GB, that is almost brand new, just got it about a week ago. This problem is happening in multiple spots and is starting to annoy me a lot.

It is getting to the point that I want to buy a new copy. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? :(

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
Actually, I did the 'Low Chaos' run from 2nd Mission (prison) to the Final Mission and still got all 'Low Chaos' achievements, even though I got the High Chaos status during the fight with 'dream' corvo (1st Mission) when I picked the High Chaos from the menu. Guess it didn't matter whether you got Low Chaos or High Chaos status during the fight against 'dream' Corvo (1st Mission).

That's good to hear. B-)

Okay, this isn't a question on how to unlock something in a game, but more of a functional problem.

In Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (PS3) I seem to be having this freezing problem. I bought the game used, but it had almost no scratches. The freezing problem comes in cutscenes and battles. The menus are fine. For the minor cutscenes on the map of Japan, the voice stops and then the game freezes. On the battlefield, it usually happens when someone is about to speak. The text bubble pops up, but the voice doesn't come. Then the music stops playing and eventually my character will freeze.

I'm using a PS3 slim, 500GB, that is almost brand new, just got it about a week ago. This problem is happening in multiple spots and is starting to annoy me a lot.

It is getting to the point that I want to buy a new copy. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? :(

Wow, I think the problem is the disc. There are a couple of options you can do besides replacing it. The first option is to wipe and clean the disc. Then try playing the game to see what happens. The second option is a little bit risky. Save right before a cutscene is about to appear. Sometimes, you can skip the freezing if you manage to load up the game by skipping the trigger point that causes the freezing in the first place. I say it's risky, because if it doesn't work, then your story progress will be ruined.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
^Thanks for the help! :) I tried cleaning the disk multiple times already. And, I do save any chance I can because of this freezing problem.

I'll see if there is an intern save button, so I can save my progress on stages.

But, I'm thinking a new copy might be the way to go.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^Thanks for the help! :) I tried cleaning the disk multiple times already. And, I do save any chance I can because of this freezing problem.

I'll see if there is an intern save button, so I can save my progress on stages.

But, I'm thinking a new copy might be the way to go.

If you have PS+, just copy and upload your save file to the Cloud, so if the trick fails, you can just delete your file, and copy it back.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Hopefully this is the correct thread to post this in.

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on the PS Vita via PSN download, so there's no physical copy of the game to speak of. I got to the end of Disc One and the game's asking me to change discs. I press X and an "Insert Correct Disc!" message pops up. I press X again and it goes back and forth between the "please change disc" and "insert correct disc" screens until I give up in tears. Again, there's no physical "discs" to insert since this is a downloaded game. Help? Is there anything I can do? Did I just waste $10?

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Hopefully this is the correct thread to post this in.

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on the PS Vita via PSN download, so there's no physical copy of the game to speak of. I got to the end of Disc One and the game's asking me to change discs. I press X and an "Insert Correct Disc!" message pops up. I press X again and it goes back and forth between the "please change disc" and "insert correct disc" screens until I give up in tears. Again, there's no physical "discs" to insert since this is a downloaded game. Help? Is there anything I can do? Did I just waste $10?

I'm pretty sure you already solved this problem. But just in case any one else has the same problem, I did a quick search for the answer. All you have to do at the moment of the pop up is go back to home, and there should be an option to choose a disc number.

Now for my question :D Old school game, Final Fantasy III Advance. When you get to choose either the Ragnarok sword or esper, is it best to get the esper? Now, I'm going for 100% completion, including every item (even if it's just one), and I understand you can get another Ragnarok sword at the end. But I need that one for the Lightbringer. The esper however has the Morph ability. So the question really is, will I miss out on any items if I don't get the esper? Or can I get the sword and still get every other item somehow?

Torpoleon

For The Last of Us Remastered, should I make a new save file every time I replay a chapter? I still have a good number of collectibles I have to go back and collect. I also need to beat the game on the other difficulties.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
For The Last of Us Remastered, should I make a new save file every time I replay a chapter? I still have a good number of collectibles I have to go back and collect. I also need to beat the game on the other difficulties.

That's what I did. The collectibles throughout different save files.

Torpoleon

That's what I did. The collectibles throughout different save files.
That's good! Did you end up with a lot of different save files?

Since I just started a new file on Hard, I could probably just continue and overwrite that one until I beat the game on Hard (and I'll try to get collectibles I missed too while playing on Hard) while still keeping my other files intact.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
That's good! Did you end up with a lot of different save files?

Since I just started a new file on Hard, I could probably just continue and overwrite that one until I beat the game on Hard (and I'll try to get collectibles I missed too while playing on Hard) while still keeping my other files intact.

Lol heck yeah! I probably have ~15 saves each on both PS3 and PS4 versions. 2x Platinum Trophies, baybeh!!

Torpoleon

So with New Game Plus for TLOU Remastered, all your Joel upgrades and weapon upgrades carry over, right? From which save file do they carry over from? I have like 4 save files. Am I able to have multiple New Game Plus save files as well? I know I don't need to worry about this just yet because I still want to beat the game on Survivor & Grounded (just beat it on Hard today and got all collectibles!).

By the way, does the game keep track of which shiv doors you've already opened and optional conversations you've already engaged in? I need the trophies for both of those, but I know there are some shiv doors I've opened and some optional conversations I've engaged in.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I pretty much cheated. Started on Very Easy getting all collectibles andand pills and upgrading the most I can, then after beating the game, I did the NG+ glitch to start Grounded+ immediately with all my Very Easy collectibles and upgrades. I don't get what you mean by which save file carry. The file that you beat the game with I guess?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the game tracks all optional conversations throughout different save files. Not sure about shiv doors, as I pretty much got them all in one playthrough.

Torpoleon

I pretty much cheated. Started on Very Easy getting all collectibles andand pills and upgrading the most I can, then after beating the game, I did the NG+ glitch to start Grounded+ immediately with all my Very Easy collectibles and upgrades. I don't get what you mean by which save file carry. The file that you beat the game with I guess?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the game tracks all optional conversations throughout different save files. Not sure about shiv doors, as I pretty much got them all in one playthrough.
What I mean is since I have don't have exactly the same amount of stuff in each of my files, which file is the stuff going to carry over from for New Game Plus? Probably would be the first file you beat the game with.

Oh by the way, since I only have beaten up to Hard, that means I haven't actually unlocked Survivor Plus or Grounded Plus, right?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What I mean is since I have don't have exactly the same amount of stuff in each of my files, which file is the stuff going to carry over from for New Game Plus? Probably would be the first file you beat the game with.

Oh by the way, since I only have beaten up to Hard, that means I haven't actually unlocked Survivor Plus or Grounded Plus, right?

It's been over half a year since I played the game. IIRC, when starting NG+, doesn't it ask you to load a save file? If so, just load the save file you beat the game with. I really don't remember, but if you beat the game, and had maxed out you Health for example, that should carry over. Stat and weapon upgrades and collectibles carry over to NG+. But you still need to find the weapons again.

No, you only unlock the + version of the difficulty you played on, or in your case only Hard+. Just do the NG+ glitch to go to Survivor+ immediately if you don't want to beat the game several more times.