• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Greevil+Shadow Lugia Strategy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugia

Legendary Guardian
I caught all seven when I first faced him. Uses Master Ball on Lugia. The next fight had Shadow Electabuzz and Shadow Lugia(Switched out Umbreon) take the lead. I mainly had Shadow Lugia play defensive while Shadow Electabuzz used Shadow Half. I then healed Electabuzz or Lugia while recharging and had Lugia attack the Legendary bird if one was out. I always caught the bird if one was out, to avoid facing two of them, using Timer Balls and Ultra Balls.

Magikarpwns

Played through for first time, sadly looked at walkthrough long before buying the game. Vaguely rembering the final battle, I left a slot open for Shadow Lugia and brought the other uber shadows.

I had:

Level 59 Vaporeon
Level 60 Claydol
Shadow Snorlax
Shadow Lapras
Shadow Salamence
XD001
26 Ultra Balls
12 Timer Balls
A few other random balls
Lots of hyper potions, revives, PP items (Only used a few throughout the game) and a few full restores/max revives

(Spent all money on balls, and I certainly did need them. You get plenty of items throughout the game, the challenge is in getting all those shadows without wasting the precious Master Ball.)

I got all of his Pokemon, including Lugia, without the Master Ball. Used all the ultra balls and most of the timer balls, although I got Rhydon in a great ball. Exeggcutor was actually the biggest challenge to snag, surprisingly, as it nearly killed itself with Shadow End several times. I got it at the last possible turn, before it would've killed itself from the recoil damage. In the battle, the others can wait, get that Exeggcutor before the others go down.

What? You want the birds more? Too bad. You need all the shadows to get Lugia onto your GBA, so consider that Exeggcutor as your purified Lugia.

I sadly made the game a bit too easy just using Vaporeon and the Baltoy one of the Hexagon guys had, but I simply didn't find any other Pokemon I wanted to use at a decent level. The game's only real fault is placing all the good shadows in the end game, which encourages the player to train up the bad shadows. As we all know, training in a Pokemon game makes it all too easy.

Only real problem I see is that I should've put in Electabuzz for Lapras, as Shadow Half would have been very useful, and I had plenty of tanks already. Heh...Looking at the teams, I'm surprised at how many people over-trained and how many used the Teddiursa from the start. I almost was going to, but after snagging the Baltoy and seeing Teddiursa's inferrior level, I dumped it.

Although this game has had the strongest climax of any Pokemon game I've played, ever. All the bosses at the end besides Lovirina, it felt really epic (Although that peon with the Dugtrio inbetween Gorigan and Eldes did hurt it a small bit.). I felt as giddy as a school girl, something I haven't experienced since playing Red for the first time as a child. Only thing that would've really improved it would be putting Lovirina at the end with the other bosses and scrapping the peon with the Dugtrio. Kudos to Pokemon! I look forward to seeing a 3rd Pokemon Colosseum, although it's possible they'll just make more lousy games like Battle Revoloution...

Last edited:

jona48

hehehe, i catch lugia with 12 pokeballs then with the others i spend like 1-5 to catch the pokemons with a pokeball ,i caugh rhydon with an ultraball

it was sooo easy, speacialy zapdos i only use 1 pokeball

thanks to my level 60 vaporeon and level 61 breleom (with spore) ;)

JDavidC

My GC and its memory cards got thrown out by someone else without my permission, along with 1 Colosseum and 2 XD files (both after the final boss) so I'm just after playing through this game again to get myself a Lugia. This time around, I overtrained and defeated Battlus with no items before facing Greevil. All 7 pokemon got snagged with surprisingly little healing needed or failed captures. O_O

Here's what I've ended up with:

;249;, Bold Nature
IVs 27/15/14/2/15/10, Hidden Power type is Fire and power is 70. I would have liked a special attack IV that didn't suck royally, but at least the hp/defence IVs aren't bad.

*Riley*

Application.
Here's another way. Trade a Heavy ball from Gold or Silver and Weaken Lugia. Then.. JUST FUGGEN PUMMEL WIF' HEAVY BALLS!

heavy ball

Here's another way. Trade a Heavy ball from Gold or Silver and Weaken Lugia. Then.. JUST FUGGEN PUMMEL WIF' HEAVY BALLS!

I don't want to ruin your day but Gold/Siver are second gen and XD is third gen, they can't trade (look here if you don't believe me)and no Ruby/Sapphire-Gold/Silver can't trade also.

Master Blastoise
;009;;009;;009;

golden jirachi

Sinnoh Star!
do this, catch lugia with shadow half then put it to sleep.(or use master abll, if you want...) then against greevil just try to use shadow pokemon or you best pokemon taht cna socre super-effective hits on them.

froslass123

Ain't I cute?
I totally forgot about my MasterBall...

Ash's Darkrai

Master of Darkrai
Well I used the ball cloning trick. I caught all 7 with ease. The trick is fairly simple.
1. Have 2 ball slots at the min
2. For the Pokemon your getting let your 1st Pokemon throw
3. Now get your 2nd to switch the ball your throwing with another slot.
4. Look and that ball u used isn't gone!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You purify it by getting all 9 Purification Chambers to max tempo, then you put Lugia in any one of the chambers.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Well, I just beat XD with the team of:

Espeon lvl. 47
Glalie lvl.45
Claydol lvl. 44
Ursaring lvl. 44
Roselia lvl. 47
Arcanine lvl. 45

I accidentally killed Shadow Lugia lmao XD

Well, it was really easy to be honest. I just played the type advantage. Glalie's Ice Beam and Water Pulse along with the constant use of Ursaring's Return and Brick Break smoked Greevil ;]

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Masterball Lugia
Lost against Grevil.
Tried again with Electabuzz, Swellow, Marrowak, Lugia, Ampharos and Lapras.
Electabuzz and Swellow both Shadow Half'd. The other pokemon were teamed up with Lugia since he took a bunch of hits while dishing out Shadow Blasts.
Using Lapras' shadow storm helped whittle the health down.

I ended up going in with 30 ultras and 10 timers.
Caught allllll of his pokemon. 8D

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Well I used the ball cloning trick. I caught all 7 with ease. The trick is fairly simple.
1. Have 2 ball slots at the min
2. For the Pokemon your getting let your 1st Pokemon throw
3. Now get your 2nd to switch the ball your throwing with another slot.
4. Look and that ball u used isn't gone!

That doesn't work on XD, does it?

Hyendae

Herfderf
Alright, wondering if my team will suffice....

Vaporeon, level 45
Medicham, level 40
Electabuzz (from elekid) level 40
Houndoom level 40 (for Exeggutor)
Ursaring, level 40
(spot for Lugia)

I'm facing Greevil after school tonight. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.