• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Greevil+Shadow Lugia Strategy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
I fought greevil last night, and when i did, i used the shadow salamence and shadow electabuzz at first. I used salamence for some offense, and the electabuzz for shadow half... electabuzz fainted before i was done with moltres and rhydon because he entered hyper mode and was weak from all the shadow halves i had done so next i used the lugia... and i just had lugia use shadow down with the occasional shadow storm on all his pokemon with salamence using shadow rush... and although it took awhile and i had to use a couple hyper potions and full heals, i managed to catch: Moltres, Rhydon, Exeggutor, Tauros, and Articuno. I accidentaly defeated the zapdos, but i found this method to be very effective. Oh and i used the master ball on lugia btw... but i didn't find it difficult because none of his pokemon have any really annoying moves... except once the articuno froze salamence... but other than that, it was a relatively easy battle... I only had to use about 7 or 8 ultra balls, and i didn't use status conditions at all... but i brought more than that and i brought my espeon, ampharos, and walrein because i remembered a really difficult battle when i was 9 and first did it... (but when i was 9 i caught them all in one go... first try...) Personally, i found the battle against Eldes to be MUCH more difficult. It ended up with my walrein v. His shadow lapras, and i only won because after a few mud slaps it kept missing with shadow storm... But personally, if you use this method, i would go for all his pokemon at once... It's not too difficult.

Last edited:

Slice-N-Dice

Even tho I have yet to battle the final boss I have my doubts of how long I could last in the battle.

Here are my party pokes.

Umbreon Level 52

ATTACK: 95 Shadow Ball
DEFENSE: 143 MoonLight
SP. ATK: 82 Faint Attack
SP. DEF: 166 Psychic
SPEED: 101

Ninetales Level 43

ATTACK: 81 Heat Wave
DEFENSE: 75 Flamethrower
SP. ATK: 93 Attract
SP. DEF: 103 Dig
SPEED: 118

Sandslash Level 43

ATTACK: 105 Brick Break
DEFENSE: 105 Fury Swipes
SP. ATK: 67 Slash
SP. DEF: 61 Earthquake
SPEED: 71

Cloyster Level 44

ATTACK: 85 Spike Cannon
DEFENSE: 179 Refresh
SP. ATK: 91 Surf
SP. DEF: 59 Ice Beam
SPEED: 83

Jumpluff Level 42

ATTACK: 58 Poisonpowder
DEFENSE: 86 Solarbeam
SP. ATK: 62 Giga Drain
SP. DEF: 83 Leech Seed
SPEED: 103

Electabuzz Level 43

ATTACK: 90 Fire Punch
DEFENSE: 66 Thunderbolt
SP. ATK: 88 Cross Chop
SP. DEF: 87 Thunder
SPEED: 112

I switch in between with this one constantly

Fearow Level 43

ATTACK: 103 Mirror Move
DEFENSE: 68 Baton Pass
SP. ATK: 64 Drill Peck
SP. DEF: 65 Aerial Ace
SPEED: 99

Might I need to change my pokemon, my attacks or level up alot?

Realized this topic after I posted my topic.

oooo

I used a bunch of recently caught shadow pokemon with shadow halve to weaken and catch the 4 birds....I used my masterball on one of greevil's so I didn't have to worry about it destroying my underlevelled pokes.

fireperson

advanced trainer
when i first tried catching lugia, my ultra balls-all 35 itried to use- all budged only once so i used my master ball.i would of course recomend using a master ball for it.if you use ultra balls,you might want to faint greevils entire team after,since you will probably be weak after fighting lugia.

Sprintking

Personally I thought this was one of the easiest final battles in any pokemon game. Master ball Lugia, and then use him as a tank for the shadows in the next battle. With about 30 ultra balls, 30 timer balls, 30 hyper potions, and about two dozen revives, I can catch all six shadow pokemon on one go. Once the battle rages on long enough, timer balls become very effective.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Don't know if anybody still posts here, but is Starmie still good if it's Purified, or do I kinda have to stick with Shadows? I've Purified most of them, though Eldes's non-Manectric ones, Electabuzz, and Poliwrath are still Shadows.

The rest of my team consists of Espeon, Ursaring, Ampharos, Primeape, Walrein, and Houndoom, all around Lv. 48/49. Should I still grind them? How should I compose my team? Who should be first? I know to keep a slot open for Shadow Lugia and I intend to Master Ball it.

Thanks in advance, to whatever people who still live in the past read this.

Just used shadow lapras

One thing i learned is that shadow laparas has great defence so use it if you catch it from Cipher Admin Eldes.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I just went into the final battle with 5 of the later-obtained Shadow Pokemon (partially purified so I could have access to some of their non-Shadow moves, but still Shadows), threw the Master Ball at Lugia to fill the 6th slot, and whittled Greevil's Pokemon down with a mixture of Shadow moves when they were at lower HP and regular attacks (especially status-inflicting ones) to bop them down when they were still stronger.

As Shadows themselves, they put up better resistances to Greevil's team (and were immune to Shadow Sky, which he used a lot if I remember right, which basically meant he wasted a move). I also made sure to stock up on healing items to use if I thought a Pokemon's HP was getting a little low. I had to "call" some team mates a few times, but ran into nothing serious in terms of problems. Shadow Lugia's defense in particular helped me stall while healing/throwing the best Balls available. I managed to snag his entire team that way. Shadow Salamance's Intimidate helped too, as it basically buffed by stalling abilities every time I switched it in (and yes, I did end up switching a few times just for that. I'm not sure how much it helped, but it seemed to work just fine).

One last tip, Revive if you need to if you have strong stallers out as soon as possible, so you don't have to worry about trying to do so if your team gets whittled down to a few members left. Found this out in fighting his underlings, so I was prepared by the time I got there.

Finally, use whichever or the later Shadow Pokemon you've snagged that seem to fair best against the foes you fought to get through the Isle to reach him. Think of the underlings as a way to test whether you'd want to use a particular member against the final boss or if it has glaring shortcomings you wouldn't want exploited by Greevil.

Last edited:

GengarsRevenge

Here is my advice: DO NOT USE THE MASTERBALL ON LUGIA.
Lugia just sits there by himself and takes the punishment, and if you mess up you can just try again; it doesn't matter because it's only the beginning of the battle. The battle against Greevil is much easier if you snag one of his shadow pokemon (preferably a legendary bird) with a masterball.

It took me a few tries, but I managed to capture shadow Lugia with an ultraball and then I used the masterball on Zapdos.

Articuno took quite a few ultraballs before he got captured, but the rest of Greevil's pokemon I captured with one ball each. I used Jolteon's thunder wave on pretty much all of them (except Rhydon) and got their health down to the yellow zone. So I got all 6 of them on my first try using that method! (Well, only if you don't count the first few times I knocked out Lugia.)

ALSO I didn't leave an empty slot to keep Lugia with me, but I used max revive a few times when I battled Greevil. Keeping Jolteon alive was a priority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.