• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Greevil+Shadow Lugia Strategy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XDLord

Leo said:
You are wrong XDLord, the battle against XD001 is actually a double battle

I meant that XD001 was the only enemy Pokemon on the field. And it's 2 against one in you favor, but use the Masterball. XD001 is pure hell without it.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
I felt almost sorry for Greevil. Almost. I came to face him with 5 pokemon: Espeon lvl 43, Ampharos lvl 43, Flygon lvl 46, Walrein lvl 45 and Hariyama lvl 36. I stole Lugia and used him to capture Moltres and Articuno. Both of those went easy.

Afterwards I came back, he's on the ground crying and use the Shadow to get the rest. Tsk..Alas poor Greevil and his Dr. Evil like underground lair.

LX

T

TEAM METEOR MASTER

you can get them ONE AT A TIME? *smashes head into wall* I got all of
them on one shot by useing shadow half alot (used all my max revives to :p ) took me an hour to get them off topic: it was on my first try :)

X

XDLord

Nice. Although getting them one or two at a time is better. But if you can snag all of Eldes' Shadows, then snagging one or two of Greevils at a time is a piece of cake.

L

Leo

XDLord said:
I meant that XD001 was the only enemy Pokemon on the field. And it's 2 against one in you favor, but use the Masterball. XD001 is pure hell without it.
Oh, okay, my bad!

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
This was a bit easier than I thought I snag all his pokemon except for Articuno and Zapdos :( I KO them both on accident with Shadow Storm. I'm glad that Greevil kept using Shadow End that save me the troubles of weakening them for me. My team was Shadows except for Jolteon my team was Salamence, Lapras, Snorlax, Jolteon, Swellow, XD001.

X

XDLord

2 quick questions:

How many Pokeballs(all types, number for each type, like Ultra Ball x25) did you have when you faced Greevil?

What were your team's levels?

G

golden charmander

I try to catch the ;249-d; ;249-d; ;249-d; with a luxury ball(spelling)...

and it worked after three days of hard work...

X

XDLord

No smilies, and Master Ball has already been determined is the best way to catch Lugia.

What I did is:

I deposited all Of my pokemon except Espeon, Which is at level 58.

I Battled against XD001 (shadow Lugia) and Just threw a Masterball, Which XD001 was caught.

Then I had to Battle Greevil, I sent out Shadow lugia and Espeon. I weakend Greevils pokemon by Using Shadow Blast with XD001 and Psychic, Bite and Swift with Espeon. Then I used a Greatball on Exeggutor and Tauros. I used an Ultraball on Moltres and Rhydon. I also used a Timerball on Articuno and Zapdos. Yep, I caught them all in 1 battle.

Then the credits roll and After that, I battled Myth Trainer Eguin or whatever his name is. He used 2 Pichus and 2 Pikachus which I destroyed using Shadowblast and Psychic. The 2 Raichus I had to use those moves twice. I destroyed him too!

There is my stradegy.

X

XDLord

Well, I just snagged Shadow Lugia and defeated Greevil. I used Master Ball on Shadow Lugia, and caught his Tauros and Zapdos, both with Ultra Balls. Tauros was in the low red and I bagged him with an Ultra, then Zapdos was at 1 HP and Sleeping(False Swipe w/ Zangoose + Sleep Powder from Jumpluff). I threw a Net Ball for fun before Zapdos went to sleep, and it failed. I stuck Zapdos to sleep and caught it with an Ultra Ball. Overall, 2 Ultras and a Net used. Unfortunetly, Zapdos' nature was Rash, which sucks. As soon as I snag the rest of the Shadows, find out the natures of Moltres, Articune and Lugia, I'm gonna get a new Memory Card and start another file(New M. CArd is so I won't have to delete my current file.)

R

Rodents210

Salamence takes like 20 Shadow Blasts before going down, FYI. *wink-wink* I used Master ball because I wanted my other 10 balls for Greevil's Tauros and Moltres (I then took Rhydon and Exeggcutor, then Zapdos next battle, and Arcticuno last)

X

XDLord

Depends on nature and IVs. I traded over some M-Balls today(Sharked on Eme), snagged Moltres, Articuno and Rhydon with them, then caught Exeggcutor and Dragonite(Dragonite from Miror B) the old fashioned way. I purifiyed Articuno and Lugia, and stuck Zapdos and Moltres in the Purifiying Chamber. The only L. Bird I got a good nature on was Articuno(Bold.) The other ones sucked. Zapdos(Rash), Moltres(Gentle) and Lugia(Lonely) I can't use. Articuno's defense boost will help, and I don't need Physical attacks cuz' I have Ice Beam and Extranesory for attacks, and Heal Bell and Haze for fillers. Articuno has an out of the box MS, unlike the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

golden charmander

fine,and I know master ball is the best way.I was just giving myself a challenge(I don't like spelling)

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Do your Pokemon get healed after catching XD001. Like they were healed in Coli. just before fighting Evice. Also just wondering since i'm no Citadark albeit only beat the first trainer there and caught 1 of his Shadow's.

Vampiric Knight

Dance with the Devil
Swellow-I don't think your Pokemon get healed, but I'm not sure, I didn't pay enough attention.

Also, XD001 was a major piece of crud, trying to catch, but worth it, especially when battling Greevil. The only thing that was a problem for me when facing Greevil is the legendary birds, the 3 other ones were easy pickins. I used only Nest and Great balls on them-while their HP was still in the green! This was my team when I faced Greevil:

Umbreon Lv. 56 (good defense, especially with facing those shadow attacks)
XD001 Lv. 50 (It withstood the legendary birds' attacks, but it did need a few full restores)
Shadow Salamence Lv. 50 (I never thought Eldes had a powerful shadow, that's what caused me to lose to him the first time)
Shadow Lapras Lv. 44
Ampharos Lv. 50
Houndoom Lv. 50

Phoenix Knight Nova

Mineral Trainer
I don't know how many noticed, but you are given the best capturer in all of pokemon handed to you with little work, the Shroomish you capture has False Swipe when he is deshadowfied, if you have the patience to level him to 54 you can learn spore.

Evolve to breloom and use his ultra high attack power with false swipe and the 100% accruate Sleep inducing spore, to allow for easy capturing, you could also stick with stun spore if you want to evolve him early.

All pokemon fear the Sporeloom

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I just beat XD earlier today. I ended up accidentally killing Lugia, which was fine, since I can go back for him later. In the first round, I threw my Masterball at Moltres immediately, because it's hardest to capture a Shadow Pokemon when six others are a foot, and I needed a head start. You fight Lugia and Dragonite on their own, so I didn't need to save it for them. I went purely for kills, not for captures, although I did snag his Exeggutor along the way. In the end it was my Jolteon and Walrein against Articuno and Zapdos. I won purely because of Jolteon's high speed, and the fact that Walrein scored a critical hit on Zapdos with Ice Beam. I plan to return for the other five Shadows once my team is leveled up a bit.

X

XDLord

Phoenix Knight Nova said:
I don't know how many noticed, but you are given the best capturer in all of pokemon handed to you with little work, the Shroomish you capture has False Swipe when he is deshadowfied, if you have the patience to level him to 54 you can learn spore.

Evolve to breloom and use his ultra high attack power with false swipe and the 100% accruate Sleep inducing spore, to allow for easy capturing, you could also stick with stun spore if you want to evolve him early.

All pokemon fear the Sporeloom

Well, Parasect does the same thing w/ little effort, because Paras starts off w/ Spore AND False Swipe, and once you evolve it into Parasect, it has a hell load of attack. The only problem I guess is Parasect is definatly slower, and less attack. But the less attack problem is quickly solved w/ Zangoose, who learns False Swipe at lvl. 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.