• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Greevil+Shadow Lugia Strategy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoenir

overdog
Dark Venusaur said:
you did thats amazing but I dont know about Lapras being a tank

I fought greevil, and Lapras and Snorlax where the most amazing tanks. I stuck lapras in the purify chamber until it's heart was almost fully open, and used blizzard to capture zapdos and moltres. My breloom was useful because of false swipe.

M

mewtwo expert

Used master ball on lugia, left slot open for him
used umbreon and ampharos combination to confuse and paralyze shadow pokemon then used umbreons weak faint attack to weaken them.
caught all six of his shadow pokemon on the first battle

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
Enlighten me

The game's only coming out here in Portugal in late november so I haven't played it yet... I've printed the trainer's guide but haven't read it all... Still, I have a doubt: after capturing ;249-d; I'll fight Greevil. To capture his shadows, do I capture like 2, then lose, then go to him again and catch another 2, or can I capture them even if I beat him and then go back?

guiltysparkzz

AKA mattgcn
I brought in the big guns- Thunderwave Jolteon. And of course the spot free for masterball'd Lugia to tank off the attacks. With this, and my Muk, Lunatone, Houndoom and Shiftry, I was able to stay stable and kill only two (Exegutor and Rhydon by Flamethrower and Giga Drain)

Got em both on the second try, everyones happy. Greevil has easy compared to Eldes x_X

X

XDLord

Same, Eldes was harder. Probably cuz' I wanted to snag all of Eldes' shadows on the first try.

J

Jirachi#2

I actually captured ALL of Greevil's Shadow Pokemon in one battle.Kind of easy.;249-d;

N

Normal trainer

Patient.That is all you needto capture Greevil´s pokemon.

Hoenir

overdog
XDLord said:
Same, Eldes was harder. Probably cuz' I wanted to snag all of Eldes' shadows on the first try.

Meh, call khangeskan once, use sing on all of his pokemon once they come out. THen just get them to red or yellow hp and chuck ultra balls. caught all his pokemon first try.

J

Joe the EchidnaFox

What I did was Masterball Lugia,then when Fighting Greevil,I weakened Rhydon,and caught him with an Ultra Ball,then I paralyzed and Weakend Moltres,and Caught it with an Ultra Ball(Note,I have a high level Jolteon),then I did the same thing with the rest of them,except with Timer Balls for the 2 other birds.Yes,I caught all 6 in one go!I aldo used Potions and revives on Jolteon,with Shadow Lugia for support and weakening.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Use XD001 as a tank, cuz its defenses r high. XD001 is probably best for stalling.

Guraena

I actually snagged all of Greevil's Pokemon in one battle. o_o I didn't even know you could snag like two, KO the rest, then battle Greevil again. Oh well. ;P

All I did was use Jolteon to paralyze then switch to Salamence and XD001. Slowly wittle down their HP with Shadow Rush and Shadow Blast. Chuck Ultra Balls. Use potions when I need to. Repeat. xD It wasn't too hard.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Kenta master said:
The game's only coming out here in Portugal in late november so I haven't played it yet... I've printed the trainer's guide but haven't read it all... Still, I have a doubt: after capturing ;249-d; I'll fight Greevil. To capture his shadows, do I capture like 2, then lose, then go to him again and catch another 2, or can I capture them even if I beat him and then go back?

If you capture them and lose, you lose the Shadow Pokemon you caught, along with the Pokeballs you used to catch them. Just catch as many as you can, then beat the game and come back.

I was quite suprised when I first battled him. I wasn't exactly prepared being low on Hyper Potions and Ultra Balls. When I battled XD001, I thought I could save a Master Ball for another Pokemon and try to capture XD001 manually. It didn't work and my Xatu was left with 12 HP to be refilled the next battle. With Greevil, I snagged Exeggutor, Tauros, and Zapdos on my first try. I came back in with my Sapphire "SWAT" team and captured Moltres and Rhydon on the second try, then came back for a third and captured Articuno.

D

Derald Snyder

First battle With Greevil:
Rhydon: Caught
Moltres: KO'ed by accident
Tauros: Caught
Exeggutor: Caught
Articuno: Caught with Ultra Ball
Zapdos: Forced to KO before I whited out

2nd Battle:
Moltres: Caught with Ultra Ball
Zapdos: Caught with Timer Ball

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
My strategy

Well, I don't have PKMN XD yet, but when I get it, I will use the masterball with ;249-d;, then fighting Greevil I will capture only 2 PKMNs(;144; & ;145;) and then I will come back on him capturing 2 more PKMNs(;146; & ;112;) and then come again to the 2 last ones(;128; & ;103;). I hope I can caught all 6 in this way...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
When I fought Greevil (I had suspected that Verich from the start, BTW), I used XD001, Lapras, Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Electabuzz, and Salamence, all still Shadow Pokemon. Electabuzz's Shadow Half worked wonders in draining foes' HP, and I had an ample amount of healing devices. I used strong shadow moves to whittle down HP, and as they got into the red, I cucked Ultra Balls. Rhydon, Tauros, and Exeggutor all succumbed to their first Ultra Ball each, but the birds were difficult. THis is understatdable, given their legendary status. In the end, I was able to catch them all with TIMER BALLS! You believe that? Timer balls! I caught all of Greevil's Pokemon in one battle. BTW, after that, I tracked down Miror B. and snagged Scyther, and I had only one shadow Pokemon to go; Dragonite. I traced Miror B. to the lighthouse in Gateon Port, and battled him; He had 5 Ludicolos in ludicrisly high levels (57, I beleive), and 1 lv. 55 shadow Dragonite. With much difficulty, I snagged the dragonite, completing my Shadow Pokemon collection. As Miror B. ran away down the stairs, he then stopped and said something about some device being in his perfectly curled afro, or something. He spotted the tracker for the miror radar, and breaks it. It is then noted that nothing shows up on the Miror Radar anymore, and it is removed from your inventory. Long story short, I now have all 83 shadow Pokemon purified, and traded to Emerald. I'm currently raising Solrock and Lunatone as Baton Passers.

I caught Shadow Lugia, and proceeded to catch the three birds on the first time, and i came back for the other three pokemon later on

Hoenir

overdog
Kenta master said:
Well, I don't have PKMN XD yet, but when I get it, I will use the masterball with ;249-d;, then fighting Greevil I will capture only 2 PKMNs(;144; & ;145;) and then I will come back on him capturing 2 more PKMNs(;146; & ;112;) and then come again to the 2 last ones(;128; & ;103;). I hope I can caught all 6 in this way...

easier said then done. Articuno and Zapdos are very hard

U

Umbreon Trainer

I CAUGHT 6 OF HIS POKEMON,INCLUDING LUGIA, THE FIRST TIME BUT ACCIDENTLY KILLED RHYDON AND AND I DID ITEWITH 8 ULTRA BALLS, 7 GREAT BALLS,45 POKEBALLS,7 TIMER BAlls, AND THE MASTERBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.