• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Greevil+Shadow Lugia Strategy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerful_Blaziken88

I'm almost at Greevil, so can someone make this absolutely clear? Do you absolutely have to save after beating Greevil, or can I catch the birds, purify them enough to check their natures, and reset and try again if their natures aren't what I want?

~Kage Itachi~

BYOND Game Developer
it automaticaly saves when you beat him

S

ssespeon

I caught all of Greevil's Pokemon in one shot, just get Shadow Lugia and Shadow Electibuzz, and keep on using Shadow Half and healing and throwing ultra balls.

Regifire

Marsh Trainer
Oh wow, I can't remember my full team but I mainly beat Greevil with

1. Umbreon
2. Salamence
3.Shadow Lugia

I beat him with those 3 mainly, I had 3 more but I can't remeber them. But I got luckt and snagged his Zapdos with a poke'ball in the yellow zone about 1/2 its hp remaining 1 ball too, then the next battle I caught the rest of them also caught Articuno in a poke'ball this time in the red with status inflicted, the rest i used Ultras on

Powerful_Blaziken88

I got to Greevil today! And...I caught all of his pokémon in one try! And I wasn't originally planning on doing that, either.

Let me tell you something, folks. The birds are definitely easier to catch than in the GBA games. Gosh, I caught Moltres at 50% HP asleep with my first ultra ball. I didn't even have to aflict a status on Articuno or Zapdos. Just got 'M to the orangeish area and chuck a good ol timer ball.

My team was:
Jumpluff Lv47
Espeon Lv51
Shadow Salamence
Shadow Lapras
Shadow Snorlax
XD001

Shadow Lugia + Shadow Snorlax is an awesome combo. Tell me Shadow Down followed up with Shadow End isn't cool. :D

I went with suggestions from a GameFaqs guide, and used Shadow Electabuzz, Shadow Snorlax, and, of course, XD001.
It was sort of challenging, and I only got four out of six(Exeggutor, Rhydon, Articuno, Zapdos).
I missed Eldes' Salamence, but I don't need it for anything, so no real loss there. I already have a Salamence I raised in XD.
One thing I did within the battle was call Snorlax several times to increase accuracy. I forgot about Shadow Down. Shadow Half is fun. :)

Last edited:

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I got Lugia to use Shadow Down, then Shadow Blast each of Greevil's Pokemon until their health is down to yellow, except Eggy which used a single Shadow End to bring itself down to yellow, then caught all them with Ultra Balls. I caught all of his Pokemon with one Ultra Ball, except Zapdos which took two. I used Salamence, Snorlax, and Lapras as tanks.

OK, first I lower Greevil's Pokemon's Defense with ;249-d; 's Shadow Down, then I beat them with ;249-d; by healing it with Hyper Potion and using its Shadow Blast attack, and that's how I deafeated Greevil. I defeated him yesterday!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

What I done is started off with Vaporeon and Electabuzz, I got electabuzz to use thunderpunch on Moltres to KO it, Vaporeon to KO Rhydon with waterpulse.

The I weakened Exeggutor with bite from Vaporeon, on electabuzz's turn I threw an ultra ball and caught it.

Then Electabuzz got knocked out and I sent out Lugia, I used Lugia's shadow blast to weaken the shadows and used Vaporeon as a ball thrower to snag Tauros, Vaporeon then went down. So I sent out Glalie, Glalie was knocked out almost instantly.
then I sent out Shadow Swellow, who used shadow half twice to weaken Articuno and Zapdos.

Then came out Shadow Salamence. I used Lugia to weaken still, and Shadow Salamence as a ball thrower, I caught the other shadow pokemon this way.

All pokemon I caught were caught in ultra balls except for Articuno who was in a timer ball

Beating Greevil wasn't that hard for me at all. I caught all six in one battle. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres were hard to capture but they went down easily when I used timer balls instead of ultra balls. Exeggutor, Tauros, and Rhydon were all easy though and went down with one ultra ball each.
My team was:
XD001-He was awesome as tank and I doubt I could of captured half of them without it.
Shadow Starmie-Recover is awesome and it was a great tank also.
Shadow Salamence-Not as good as Lugia or Starmie but helped capture Moltres and Rhydon
Umbreon-An okay tank but the shadows were better.
Breloom-It got KOed pretty quickly but it weakened them a little.
Gardevoir-It got the first two down to the red before getting KOed.

Hope this helped

F

Fire_Fox

Caught them all, wasn't hard.

I had 6 Poke's but I only used 3 of them:

Shadow Lugia
Shadow Electubuzz
Ampharos

Used Shadow half when needed and shadow blast. Ampharos used T-Wave accosionally.

I only used 8 Great balls in total.

L

Lord Sonny XIXI

Electabuzz should also be on the recomended list because it knows Shadow Half.

Anyways, the easiest method is stalling with Lugia and Salamence and just use Timer Balls. I got all 6 shadows like this in one battle.

T

the legendary pkmn master

has anybody managed to catch a HARDY natured shadow lugia before? if anyone still has it, can you please tell me its stats?

Angeling

true love
To the legendary pkmn master: I never looked or checked most of my Pokémon's nature, and I still don't know my purified Lugia's nature, so I can't help you much there.

But what I probably did was.. well, I tried first by saving right before getting on the elevator to Master Greevil and then restarting for.. hmm, I think because I either accidently killed one of the shadow Pokémon, or it was too hard. But the team I went with to stay was leaving a Pokémon in storage, though I forgot who so I had an empty slow in party for Shadow Lugia, whom I caught with my Master Ball. Then when I had to fight Greevil, I changed to Lugia with either Espeon or Ninetales to do the weakening. I believe it was Espeon, but who knows. So I probably used Lugia to tank (since he was using Shadow moves on Lugia more) to heal my regular Pokémon, but also attacking.

For me, the Legendary Birds weren't TOO hard to capture. Some difficulty, but not much since they attacked Lugia mostly.. and I had Espeon and Ninetales, along with Ampharos probably. But the ones I had problem with were Rhydon and .. the other one he had, Tauros. But I managed to weaken them to at least/most to yellow and caught them with Ultra Balls. Actually I think one was with Great Ball because they refused the Ultra Ball. Lol, that was weird, buuut, I wouldn't complain. ;p

pokemon master:Stranger

Surprise buttsecks!
has anybody managed to catch a HARDY natured shadow lugia before? if anyone still has it, can you please tell me its stats?

hardy nature? you have got to be joking that nature sucks for lugia calm nature is the one you want for lugia oh yeah my lugia nature is hasty not to bad i was worried that my lugia had a really bad nature but not that bad.

anyway the last battle was to easy birds only took 2 utra balls to snag and the rest where easer my team where like lv 55 when i battled him and i only had 2 ( lugia and snorlax) but i still got the battle won easy.

T

but my hardy natured mewtwo from fr, when at level 100, had a sp.atk power of 363! But anyway, all i want to know is, is it possible to get a hardy natured shadow lugia? its just that i regard the no-modifier natures to be the perfect natures.

T

the legendary pkmn master said:
but my hardy natured mewtwo from fr, when at level 100, had a sp.atk power of 363! But anyway, all i want to know is, is it possible to get a hardy natured shadow lugia? its just that i regard the no-modifier natures to be the perfect natures.

i train all of my legendaries and final evolution starters with no modifier natures and the macho brace and train them to ultimate perfection.

is this good enuff to beat greevil?

XD001
Shadow Salamence
Shadow Electabuzz
Lv. 42 Electabuzz, fire,ice punch,thunderbolt,crosschop
Everyone's saying to use Shadow lapras and Shadow snorlax... should i?
Shadow Starmie or Espeon?

Angeling

true love
bLASTOIse_MAsTer said:
is this good enuff to beat greevil?

XD001
Shadow Salamence
Shadow Electabuzz
Lv. 42 Electabuzz, fire,ice punch,thunderbolt,crosschop
Everyone's saying to use Shadow lapras and Shadow snorlax... should i?
Shadow Starmie or Espeon?

Well, I don't think that's too bad.. though your battle may take a bit of a time with all the Shadow's.. unless Shadow Down really brings the defense down.. But Lapras can be good too.. I would also recommend using some more regular Pokémon, at least to weaken them. XD001 isn't bad for tank or anything, for Greevil.

And the legendary pkmn master, don't double post.. I'm sure it's listed in the rules to not double post..

Status
Not open for further replies.