• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official GSC Programming & Beta Glitch Thread

Kim62

Hello
Yeah probably, but if it's not cianwood what city is it? I mean there is only ten cities in jhoto unless there was suppose to be a eleventh or they made two beta maps of one city.

i dunno maybe those team rocket hideout maps might be silph co.
or you revisit the game corner hideout or something in kanto
just a thought

no wait sorry silph co. is peaceful in the game isn't it
well maybe they changed the whole storyline
for example you randomly get the item 'upgrade' don't you from the bottom floor of silph co. (i haven't played in ages excuse me if i am wrong)
maybe you have to defeat team rocket or some other team *insert corny name here*
and when you defeat them you get the 'upgrade' as a reward or the 'voltorb badge' (lol just kidding)

... or maybe i have too much time on my hands and a wild imagination :(

nick

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Don’t post any more in this thread because it’s going to be closed soon since all of the “finds” here are stolen.
Get out. You're really annoying.

Anyways, it's been a while since I've looked into the GSC maps. I'll have to dust the old GoldMap off and dig through.

jurgen200

In Goldmap, I believe they are under "Other" or something similar, as a series of ??????

If you are a novice, you must copy the ????? beta maps into one of the maps that are accessible if you want to show them off in your game. I'm working on a playable gold game that restores the beta discoveries.

Has anyone tried to find any beta maps in Pokemon red and green?

Last edited:

jurgen200

A map of the Gold Rom

For those of you who love offsets:
http://datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold:ROM_map
Go to the maps section of that page, and every offset Coolboyman (legendary creator of Pokemon Brown) found is listed.

Even though these offsets have already been "found" (hah!) I would love to see images of some of the other beta maps listed on that wiki. (I can't seem to get the "Try Map" function to work on my Goldmap! I always get a bizarre dll error.)

P.S. As long as credit is given where it is due, there is nothing wrong with collecting all this beta information into one place... it is currently fragmented all over the net.

Team Blast

Back from the dead.
Um, I have a huge problem with my Pokemon Silver Version. There is a problem with the Pokegear's radio, and the problem, the icon won't display. I have talked many times to the guy who gave me it (The guy in the Kanto Radio Station). I have went up to Snorlax many times and wouldn't work.

IIMarckus

Um, I have a huge problem with my Pokemon Silver Version. There is a problem with the Pokegear's radio, and the problem, the icon won't display. I have talked many times to the guy who gave me it (The guy in the Kanto Radio Station). I have went up to Snorlax many times and wouldn't work.
Chances are you never picked up the first Radio Card from the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

.:Alex:.

Random thoughts...

Hm. I've always thought that the Lake of Rage town was a very early version of Mahogany Town, which may explain why Mahogany town is so small (Plus why would they make two towns that late in the game which are so close together).

This would make sense, because the route would continue to where current Mahogany Town is, and the then the route after it would be some sort of challenge to Blackthorn City (seeing as we've established the possibility that the Ice Path did not exist until much later in development).

The locked house and cave in Violet City exist purely for appearance only, to give the illusion that the Ruins of Alph are there and that you can see past the trees.

The pharmacy in Ecruteak was likely moved because there's just way too much going on there then, so they spread things out and gave more of an incentive to Cianwood City. I do think Cianwood always existed there, because I highly doubt they would make a dead end sea with only the barely accessible whirl islands. Of course Cianwood may have orignially been located further down the coast, rather than on a seperate island.

Oh, and Jasmine's pokemon are stronger than Pryce because she only has the two. Just like with trainers, the less pokemon they have, the stronger they usually are. It's to counter-balance the fact she has barely any pokemon.

Koneku

Pokemon Breeder
I'm not sure if anyone's asked this already, so, here it goes:

In GSC, In Cherygrove City If you're in front of the pokemon center, there's a lake. But you can't get to that lake when you're playing normaly. Does anyone know what was going to be there?

IIMarckus

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this already, so, here it goes:

In GSC, In Cherygrove City If you're in front of the pokemon center, there's a lake. But you can't get to that lake when you're playing normaly. Does anyone know what was going to be there?
There isn't anything there, and so far there seems to be no indication of anything out of the ordinary by it.

Chaos Rush

Oh, and Jasmine's pokemon are stronger than Pryce because she only has the two. Just like with trainers, the less pokemon they have, the stronger they usually are. It's to counter-balance the fact she has barely any pokemon.
Actually, Jasmine & Pryce both have 3 Pokemon.

Jasmine:
Lv30 Magnemite
Lv30 Magnemite
Lv35 Steelix

Pryce:
Lv27 Seel
Lv29 Dewgong
Lv31 Piloswine

Rys

Postcount melting!
I reckon these maps were probably the original designs for mahogany town and mt silver entrance either that or some kind of past or future world that celebi sends you to with its time traveling powers.

Ecruteak

cute and powerful
OMG! i can remember picking up a magazine when i was young and my first ever glimpse of pokemon G/S was the trainer standing on the "Beta Town" bridge. I thought i was crazy for never finding that location.