• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Does anyone know if Counter or Mirror Coat works when you have a Substitute up? Ive never used that combonation of moves before so I was wondering if someone could clear that up for me.

-BJ-

Hey, here's a question I haven't got an answer to yet. I've checked guides, no one seems to know. Maybe you all do...

What the heck is up with the sad guy in the Survival Area, the one you have to use Rock Climb on Route 226 to get to? ;w; I can't figure him out.

I don't think anything special goes on there. I was so disappointed...I thought maybe he'd give me something for all the Mushrooms I'd collected! But alas! they're useless.

Does anyone know if Counter or Mirror Coat works when you have a Substitute up? Ive never used that combonation of moves before so I was wondering if someone could clear that up for me.

No, i've just checked and Counter/Mirror Coat fails whilst a Substitute is taking the blows.

.. And I was wondering why I couldn't find the Help Thread in my subscriptions, I hadn't realized it was remade xD

I have a question that can hopefully be answered in time as I am training it now, but is there a higher leveled trainer in the game that would be good for training my Ninjask on?
It is nearly done, at Lv. 88, but everything worth battling that I come across seems to resist it's only attack - Bug Bite :p
I was going to try fighting the Cacturne on route 228, but they keep getting me with Sucker Punch..
So yeah, are there any good trainers for a bug to battle, like those that have an abundance of Psychic or Dark Pokémon? :O
(outside of the Elite 4)

Edit to the below posts -
@ Volteon: The Alakazam trainer sounds like a nice target, I guess i've got to do Heatran before they reach that level though..
*sets off to Stark Mt.*

@ STUD: There's a trainer with a Chansey on Route 228, but she had an Ambipom and a Rapidash to go with it:/
I wouldn't mind battling her again, but I can't OHKO the Rapidash with BB, and Ambipom is darn annoying :O

Thanks both of you for your suggestions :D ~

Last edited:

mew..

What do you want?
is ice punch good for metagross(no it doesn't have thunderpunch, but he has ice punch)

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
No, i've just checked and Counter/Mirror Coat fails whilst a Substitute is taking the blows.

.. And I was wondering why I couldn't find the Help Thread in my subscriptions, I hadn't realized it was remade xD

I have a question that can hopefully be answered in time as I am training it now, but is there a higher leveled trainer in the game that would be good for training my Ninjask on?
It is nearly done, at Lv. 88, but everything worth battling that I come across seems to resist it's only attack - Bug Bite :p
I was going to try fighting the Cacturne on route 228, but they keep getting me with Sucker Punch..
So yeah, are there any good trainers for a bug to battle, like those that have an abundance of Psychic or Dark Pokémon? :O
(outside of the Elite 4)

Id suggest finding a trainer that has Chansey or Blissey- Im not sure exactly if there is one (check gamefaqs- i think they have a complete guide that you can Ctrl+F search for it) and from my experience they give you bar none the most non-boosted exp. in game. If you have a Lucky Egg or your Ninjask is traded you can stack that onto the massive gain. Again I am unsure if you can find them on trainers in game.

Where do you get HM04 Strength?

You can find HM04 in the Ghost Pokemon Tower just barely south of Solaceon Town, which is the town with the breeding center. You must traverse to the top of the tower and speak with both of the old ladies at the peak floor of the tower, which they reward you with the HM04 and some sort of incense.

is ice punch good for metagross(no it doesn't have thunderpunch, but he has ice punch)

Its decent although in OU play TPunch is better. Ice Punch gives Meta a good shot at taking out some Ground types(barring Hippowdon and a few others that have solid HP and Def) and is a good suprise for anyone who throws Dragons out to take out your Meta with a Quake, although Meta is generally going to have to take a Quake without some agility play in there.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
First of all, thanks for editing the first page :D

(outside of the Elite 4)
Only Bug Bite? You can try a trainer in the end of route 215 (Rainy area, the first female trainer you see if you go through Veilstone.) She uses a Lv 60 Alakazam (and a Lv 60 Purugly - who can Fake Out). But outside these, I'm not sure.
Mirror Coat and Counter damage are both based on the numbers the opponent decreased in Pokémon's HP directly. The Pokémon loses no HP because of Sub, no Mirror Coat/Counter damage ;D
The same applies for Life Orb and Focus Punch.

Life Orb boosts your attack and S.atk per 30% and deals 10% damage to yourself if the opponent's Pokémon lost HP. So if you attacked a Sub, the opponent's Pokémon loses no HP, which means, Life Orb won't do the 10% recoil.
the case of Focus Punch is similar. Pokémon won't use Focus Punch if it loses 1 or more HP directly. in a sub, this can't happen, so no HP loss means Focus Punch in opponent's face!

Last edited:

ront

how do you know how much item increase? like the plates for example how can you tell how much they increase a type of move? where does it say? or a twistedspoon, how do you telll?

Aaraeus

how do you know how much item increase? like the plates for example how can you tell how much they increase a type of move? where does it say? or a twistedspoon, how do you telll?

IIRC, all plates and power-up items (apart from the choice items) boost up the power by 10%.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Forget what Aaraeus said, Plates raise 20%. ;D

Power Band raises physical moves by 10%.
Wise Glasses raises special moves by 10%.
Plates and the specific items (like Charcoal, NeverMeltIce, Mystic Water) raises moves of specific type by 20%.
Life Orb raises Attack and Special attack by 30% (in exchange to 10% of your health each turn you do damage to opponent).
Choice Band raises attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
Choice Specs raises S.attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
.... same for Choice Scarf....

That's all I can think of.
My queation is thick fat better for Snorlax?
Yup! Poison can be easly negated by Rest, which Snorlax uses very well, so getting important resistences IS important.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
if i save before the girl of the swarms, and i talk to her and she says its absol and then i reset the game will it change?

you can change your swarm by doing this-

Talk to the girl (anytime of the day).
The swarm isnt to your liking? Save. Turn off DS.
Set your DS clock to 23:59 (11:59 PM).
Start it up as fast as you can- wait until the clock hits 00:00 or(12:00AM)
Talk to the girl.
Still not the swarm you want? Repeat steps.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
you can change your swarm by doing this-

Talk to the girl (anytime of the day).
The swarm isnt to your liking? Save. Turn off DS.
Set your DS clock to 23:59 (11:59 PM).
Start it up as fast as you can- wait until the clock hits 00:00 or(12:00AM)
Talk to the girl.
Still not the swarm you want? Repeat steps.

yeah, but thats what most do, however do make sure you change the day back one, so that you don't end up on the 27th november in the middle of july.

runka

Charizard pwns it!
Forget what Aaraeus said, Plates raise 20%. ;D

Power Band raises physical moves by 10%.
Wise Glasses raises special moves by 10%.
Plates and the specific items (like Charcoal, NeverMeltIce, Mystic Water) raises moves of specific type by 20%.
Life Orb raises Attack and Special attack by 30% (in exchange to 10% of your health each turn you do damage to opponent).
Choice Band raises attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
Choice Specs raises S.attack by 50% in exchange to lock you into one move.
.... same for Choice Scarf....

That's all I can think of.
EDIT:Rank up!
Yup! Poison can be easly negated by Rest, which Snorlax uses very well, so getting important resistences IS important.

You did make it seem a little like Choice Scarf raises Sp.atk.....
and you got promoted because now the Help Thread No.1 was closed and not deleted.Just a little hint.You probably knew that already.

Anyway,my question.Would it be like a "neutral" nature if my pokemon had bad Iv's in one stat but the same stat was boosted by a nature?Because someone said that having bad Iv's is having a -nature in that stat.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Are we able to ask about EV training on this thread?

Volteon

Back I guess??
You did make it seem a little like Choice Scarf raises Sp.atk.....
and you got promoted because now the Help Thread No.1 was closed and not deleted.Just a little hint.You probably knew that already.
I wrote that o_O So, yup, I knew =p
Anyway,my question.Would it be like a "neutral" nature if my pokemon had bad Iv's in one stat but the same stat was boosted by a nature?Because someone said that having bad Iv's is having a -nature in that stat.
Taking Salamence as example...
It's highest speed stat is 299, with 31 IV, 0 Nature (or Neutral nature) and 252 EVs.
Highest speed with -Nature and the same conditions is 269.

Now Highest speed with 0IV, 0 Nature and 252 EVs is 267, which is worst than negative nature.

So in most cases, they are right.
Are we able to ask about EV training on this thread?
prefer the EV thread (unsticky), but if you're needing help, this is the general thread

Status
Not open for further replies.