• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starforce2

I've noticed in some battles, some of the pokeball icons on the bottoms creen will wiggle back and fourth. Sometimes none will, or soemtimes more than one, but I've not seen any consistancy with this that's obvious, so what does it mean?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I've noticed in some battles, some of the pokeball icons on the bottoms creen will wiggle back and fourth. Sometimes none will, or soemtimes more than one, but I've not seen any consistancy with this that's obvious, so what does it mean?
Wiggling means the Pokemon is close to reaching the next level.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Wiggling means the Pokemon is close to reaching the next level.

Orly? I didnt know that at all, I thought that it was just a pokemon that was ready to fight. I thought that was what the Item Shed shell was for but appaerently not.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Great.

I EV trained my Gabite, and I thought I was done, but the ribbon woman won't give one to it. Let's say I did it all correctly and made no mistakes, because it makes absolutely no sense when I wrote down every point along with Power items. Would there be another reason for it, or did I mess up?

Volteon

Back I guess??
I say save the game and give it vitamins for a stat(s) you didn't EV trained, see how many EVs are missing and turn off the game.

If it accepted only one EVs missing are < 10, two < 20, etc, then you have some idea.

Then erase all the EVs from the least high stat you EV trained (probably HP) and give it 4 points (not 6) then save the game again and train Gabite in the possible 252 stats, giving one (or 2 if Pokévirus) EV for stat intercalating the stat you train until the woman gives you the Ribbon.

Worked for me when I was starting EV training.

Or you can try the safest way, restart >_<

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Too late for that. I jsut went out Speed EV Training and probably screwed the forumla up.
That's just great, I already taught it the Fire Blast TM I bought, and that's money wasted.
If this happens with my Elekid, who I've also been training, I'll try that method, though.

Female passes moves when breeding, and Male passes species and natures, right?

EDIT: Also, wouldn't giving it vitamins in a stat I didn't train automatically bring it to ten, since the max stat you can give a Pokemon by that is 100? If I didn't EV train stat, how will that help me if it's jsut going to take ten?

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Too late for that. I jsut went out Speed EV Training and probably screwed the forumla up.
That's just great, I already taught it the Fire Blast TM I bought, and that's money wasted.
If this happens with my Elekid, who I've also been training, I'll try that method, though.

Female passes moves when breeding, and Male passes species and natures, right?

EDIT: Also, wouldn't giving it vitamins in a stat I didn't train automatically bring it to ten, since the max stat you can give a Pokemon by that is 100? If I didn't EV train stat, how will that help me if it's jsut going to take ten?
Female Mareep layed an egg! What could that be? ... after some steps, an ONIX comes out of the egg :O

Can you imagine this happening? xD it's completely the opposite. Male passes moves and female passes specie and nature.

As for the EDIT. I said that just for you to know how much you screwed the calcs.
Like if you see there're like 40 EVs missing, I'd suggest you to EV train all over again, because it's a big difference and you may not know where you messed. If it was only 10 (or less) you should do that method, because even 20 is a big number to do this.

EDIT: Just remember this isn't a foolproof method.

Last edited:

Kit-Tsukasa

Espeon Lover
EV training help needed

If I send out a pokemon with the macho brace on, then immediately retreat it and send out my level 100 pokemon to KO the foe, does my first pokemon still gain the EVs and if so, how much? Assuming I'm battling a level 16 Kadabra with my Level 1 Eevee.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
You gain the same amount of EVs REGARDLESS of how many pokemon battled with it.

So, since Kadabra gives 2 Sp. Atk EVs, your Eevee still gains 4 Sp. EVs from Macho Brace.

razor fire

what is the Shed Shell for?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
The Shed Shell allows you to escape from a pokemon battle regardless.

In battles, the Shed Shell allows you to withdraw, regardless of things like Magnet Pull, Mean Look, Arena Trap and Spider Web.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Is there any other way to get Kings Rock without the Pickup ability nor wild poliwhirls?

Go to Serebiis main site and depending on which game youre playing- go to that respective games section and click ITEMS on the right hand side where it lists all the articles for that game. Serebii's ITEM lists for D/P and FR/LG/R/S/E are very accurate so you should be able to find every place you can possibly get Kings Rock.

EDIT: I just checked and no, you have to find it on wild Poliwhirl (Post Nat. Dex) or get it through pick up.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Yeah, trading, I don't think there's something in Wi-Fi Mystery Gift yet.

The Trading Forum is perfect for that.

EDIT = Italic

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
hmm, you're not the only one.

I forgot the exact location, but head out north of the building with the guy who heals all your pokemon and the suite key should be on that path. Just keep pressing A on that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.