• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleMew

no promises
hmm, you're not the only one.

I forgot the exact location, but head out north of the building with the guy who heals all your pokemon and the suite key should be on that path. Just keep pressing A on that path.

Thanks i found it you have to take about 3 steps up and turn left and press A i saw a video on youtube

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Thanks i found it you have to take about 3 steps up and turn left and press A i saw a video on youtube

Really? I always thought the Suite Key was part of the whole Darkrai event chain? and which building is it above? Id like to find it and see what it does.

razor fire

the suite key opens the door to the lady and she gives you a... a.... lava cookie >:|
its not worth it.

Larry

Jasmine (from Johto) in Sunyshore City gives it to you. She's by the "beach" at the north end of the city. I believe you have to beat Sunyshore Gym first though. Not that it really matters since you can't use it without that badge.

I think they meant how to get to the waterfall...this isn't going to be easy to explain...you go the way you did to get to Palkia or Dialga and when you see the first part of grass on Mt. Coronet in the snow you go right from it and you should be in the cave with the waterfall.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
the suite key opens the door to the lady and she gives you a... a.... lava cookie >:|
its not worth it.

Thanks, yeah not worth it. Now, maybe if the house was full of garbage cans with Rare Candies or 4th Gen Evo items I mightve made the effort there.

PurpleMew

no promises
Really? I always thought the Suite Key was part of the whole Darkrai event chain? and which building is it above? Id like to find it and see what it does.

The one above the beach on the left of pastoria town where they say they are full but they will heal your pokemon

firewall

don't pee in my lake
I have to ask since I am tired of waiting.

It says on the serebii pokedex that tangela swarms on mt. coronet, is this true or an error? I have yet to see this swarm. Has anyone seen it? If not, does tangela appear anywhere else?

Blazios

It says on the serebii pokedex that tangela swarms on mt. coronet, is this true or an error? I have yet to see this swarm. Has anyone seen it? If not, does tangela appear anywhere else?

The 'dex is wrong.

They are supposed to be within the coding to appear as a Swarm Pokémon, that's why it is listed as a Swarmer on Serebii.Net..
But they apparently don't appear in-game. I don't know why they changed that, or if it's a glitch, but it's the same for everyone it seems.

You can only get a Tangela from the 3rd gen games, or by trading.

Volteon

Back I guess??
These are all based on the data extracted from the game. if it's right or wrong, SPP doesn't tell, but they "are" in the game.

Much like the egg steps for Rayquaza and the likes. the steps are there, but you'll never use it.

EDIT: Woot! Beaten!

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Thanks again! :) I wonder why it would be in the coding but not utilized? I guess they changed their minds. Oh well. At least that is all cleared up.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I wonder why it would be in the coding but not utilized? I guess they changed their minds. Oh well. At least that is all cleared up.

In some Cases, it will mess up the data table if missing, which makes the Game not run at all. For the Legendary Eggs, they are needed to Fill empty Spots. Plus They may release a Event for a Legendary Egg, bar Manaphy.

Tangela proberbly is likey to have a Calulation Error that doesn't allow to swarm.

Kit-Tsukasa

Espeon Lover
Thanks again! :) I wonder why it would be in the coding but not utilized? I guess they changed their minds. Oh well. At least that is all cleared up.

I think Tropius has the same issue, except Tropius says it's not in the game and as far as I know, I have yet to encounter it in the marsh (not that I care since I've migrated it long ago). Are Tropius and Tangela the only two pokemon unobtainable through gba game insertion/swarms/pokeradar aside from the legendaries and starters?

Volteon

Back I guess??
There're also the key items not used/replaced in the game, like Red Chain or Seal Sack.

Though I'm sure I'm wrong, I always have a thought that Bad Egg steps are based on legendaries egg steps.

I think Tropius has the same issue, except Tropius says it's not in the game and as far as I know, I have yet to encounter it in the marsh (not that I care since I've migrated it long ago). Are Tropius and Tangela the only two pokemon unobtainable through gba game insertion/swarms/pokeradar aside from the legendaries and starters?

Yeah, all other Pokémon can be obtained in one evolutionary form or another, bar Tangela and Tropius.
The fact that it is only those two you can't obtain in D/P, asides from the other starters/Legendaries, makes it look much more like an error rather than Game Freak choosing not to make them appear.
Maybe this will be fixed for the next version :]

mew..

What do you want?
Its decent although in OU play TPunch is better. Ice Punch gives Meta a good shot at taking out some Ground types(barring Hippowdon and a few others that have solid HP and Def) and is a good suprise for anyone who throws Dragons out to take out your Meta with a Quake, although Meta is generally going to have to take a Quake without some agility play in there.

well, i know its not that great. anyways, even if they come in to earthquake, metagross has the defense to with-stand one right?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
As a general rule, yes, Metagross can withstand an Earthquake, assuming the user has no STAB and the attack isn't insanely high.

mew..

What do you want?
well, i mean a ev trained meta, could it stand an earthquake from a salamance with no boosts?

Volteon

Back I guess??
A 252 HP, 12 Def Metagross (Standard Choice Band) Takes at most 63% damage.

So it can resist even a Dragon Danced/Choiced Quake given it has no Life Orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.