• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Help Thread (Upgraded - READ FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
my brother is chaining pidgey at the moment and he just got worried, incase they have whirlwind. Do the pidgeys at level 51, do they have whirlwind??

my brother is chaining pidgey at the moment and he just got worried, incase they have whirlwind. Do the pidgeys at level 51, do they have whirlwind??

No, they will have Roost, Tailwind, Mirror Move and Air Slash.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
Yeah i thought so but i am in the middle of a chain myself so i couldn't check my shiny pidgey to see, but thanks

Aacheron

just wondering, im starting to iv breed and nature breed some tailows, should i aim for adamant or jolly? this is for the UU play

one more thing, flame orb to activate facade? or focus sash for one more turn of attacking and hope my opponent gives me a status infliction via switch in?

rangersgreg

Draco Alliance
I've been SRing for a decent Giratina and it's IV's are:

Brave 12/24/14/27/11/31

I need real helpful people please, no noobs going "wow you have gr8 girantina innit keep it"

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I've been SRing for a decent Giratina and it's IV's are:

Brave 12/24/14/27/11/31

I need real helpful people please, no noobs going "wow you have gr8 girantina innit keep it"

But what's your problem?

All I can say is that this Giratina is a sweeper (24 ATK, 27 SP ATK, 31 SPD) IVed and really isn't the best for tanking (12 HP, 14 DEF, 11 SP DEF).

rangersgreg

Draco Alliance
But what's your problem?

All I can say is that this Giratina is a sweeper (24 ATK, 27 SP ATK, 31 SPD) IVed and really isn't the best for tanking (12 HP, 14 DEF, 11 SP DEF).

Ack, sorry, I meant to put in should I keep going or keep it.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Well, it depends on what do you want: a sweeper or a tank (or a mixture of both). Like I said before you're probably going to have to take advantage of its offensive and speed stat, and neglect its base 150 defensive and HP stats.

rangersgreg

Draco Alliance
Well, it depends on what do you want: a sweeper or a tank (or a mixture of both). Like I said before you're probably going to have to take advantage of its offensive and speed stat, and neglect its base 150 defensive and HP stats.

I'm making a mixed Sweeper Giratina, thanks for your help.

Volteon

Back I guess??
just wondering, im starting to iv breed and nature breed some tailows, should i aim for adamant or jolly? this is for the UU play

one more thing, flame orb to activate facade? or focus sash for one more turn of attacking and hope my opponent gives me a status infliction via switch in?
Jolly ftw!
The only Pokémon with more than 102 base speed that's likely to go with a 0 Speed nature is Dugtrio.

Garchomp, Mismagius, Gengar, Starmie, Raikou, Alakazam, Jolteon, Infernape, Weavile, Espeon, etc, all go with +speed nature.

And I prefer Toxic Orb, especially if it has U-Turn the first 3 turns Swellow is on field, it'll receive the same amount of damage as 2 turns of Burn, so it gives you some advantage. But if you pretend to have it more than 3 turns (VERY unlikely) then go with Burn.

I forgot, when people ask for a battle and they're using the "standard" rules does this incude Item Clause?
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=290790
;D

Kit-Tsukasa

Espeon Lover
How do I change my pokemon's Hidden Power Type. Let's say I wanted to change it from HP Water to HP Fighting? Can this even be done or is it preset when the pokemon is caught/hatches from an egg?

Volteon

Back I guess??
Hidden Power's Power and damage are all based on Pokémon IVs.

Since Pokémon's IVs are fixed, Hidden Power's power and type are fixed, so you can't change Hidden Power's power and type.

Larry

How do I change my pokemon's Hidden Power Type. Let's say I wanted to change it from HP Water to HP Fighting? Can this even be done or is it preset when the pokemon is caught/hatches from an egg?

I think it might have to do with the IV's or EV's of the Pokemon...

EDIT: Beaten...

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
No it cannot be changed, since the Hidden Power is based off its IVs.

The IVs and nature are set ONCE YOU GET THE EGG. So its useless soft resetting right before it hatches to get different IVs, nature, gender, etc.

EDIT: Beat, TWICE.

Pwnbee

Keep it real, bro
I don't know if this is the place for this but, what is a good EV spread/Nature for Glaceon?

Status
Not open for further replies.