1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by LDawg, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannix

Tyrannix Dragon Master

I'm having problems with my EV training: I've got the power items and Pokerus, so every time I KO a pokemon who gives me one EV, I should get 10 EVs in that stat correct? Or does it instead go more like (1 * 2) + 4 = 6? Because I've been recording my results going off the first idea, but for some reason, if I save and check with IV decreasing berries, I come up quite short, even though It should take me about 26 berries to drop to zero, it's more like 11.

2. summnor1201

summnor1201 I Crave Blood

if you have pkrs and macho brace its becomes x 4 so 1 ev will become 4

3. Jonah

Jonah herd u liek mudkips?

Macho Brace calculations=/=Power item calculations.

And if your EVs are over 100, 1 EV-decreasing berry will lower that EV stat to 100, so the maximum berries you can use to lower EVs in one stat to 0 is 11.

4. Just Sp.Atk iirc.

5. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

I think its been proven to raise both now.

6. www500

www500 WWW500

hey, when using covet do you always get item? and if i kill the wild pokemon will it not give me the item?

7. true+false

true+false Well-Known Member

Does the Compound Eyes ability work in the Safari Zone? And what item do I give to Snorlax to breed Munchlax?

8. mrhiyuck

mrhiyuck curious

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does. I'll test it, though.

9. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Compound Eyes works, as the other abilities do.

Full Incense is used to breed Munchlax.

10. Jonah

No. You do not always get an item. Let's say that there's a 5% chance of Kricketune holding a Metrenome. You will only be able to Covet a Metrenome 5% of the time.

That is, you cannot steal items from Pokemon who aren't holding any.

If they are holding an item, then Covet will work 100%, provided you aren't already holding an item.

If you kill the wild Pokemon, you still get any item it is holding, provided you are not already holding an item.

I should know, I've got a Linoone.

11. charizardchick

charizardchick Charizard Master

how do you get GSC pkmn to DP? am i missing something? do you have to use FRLG? i want to get all of the starters over plus a mewtwo that i have - someone help please

12. Jonah

Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal cannot connect to Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Colosseum, XD, Diamond, Pearl, Battle Revolution, etc.

In other words, you can only trade your Pokemon in your Gold, Silver, and Crystal games to other Gold, Silver, and Crystal games, plus Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green. GSC can also connect to Stadium or Stadium 2. (Well, it can connect to Stadium 2, but I don't know whether it can connect to Stadium.)

13. chimecho_guy

chimecho_guy I enjoy taquitos.

where doyou find munchlax?

14. Rakurai

The GSC Pokemon are in Emerald, FR/LG, and the Gamecube titles. So you're going to have to use those to transfer.

Munchlax can be found in any honey tree. It's just really, really rare.

15. BakaNeko

BakaNeko Member

Does the Pickup ability depend on your Pokemon's level or the one you're fighting?

16. Rakurai

It's based on level. On a general note, a higher level gets you better items more often.

17. BakaNeko

BakaNeko Member

I know its based on the level but whos level? the pokemon youre fighting or your pokemons level?

18. Rakurai

Your Pokemon.

19. BakaNeko

BakaNeko Member

Alrighty, thanks!

20. EmberStar the Blaziken

EmberStar the Blaziken Kung-Pow Chicken

Your better off transferring a Snorlax and then breeding with Full inscense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.