• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizardchick

Charizard Master
ok thanks - so - judging by what i read for emerald on the main page to get the three starters (at least one way to) is to finish the hoenn dex...ugh - ok - i wish i would have beat this game a long time ago - thanks everyone for you help!

I have a question on the berry fertilizers. If I want to plant a crop of say 4 Tamato Berries, will I need to buy 4 fertilizers depending on what effect of fertilizer I want; or is one enough?

You have to use one fertilizer per berry planted. You can use different effects if you want to or have them all the same.

If a Pokemon has stats such as 125 Attack and 60 Sp. Attack, would a Physical Move with 80 Power or a Special Move with 95 Power be better? How does it get calculated with the stats?

Thanks for your help everyone.
It depends on the pokemon you are facing. For example, if it was the Sp. Defensive wall Blissey, the Physical move would be best or if it was the Defensive wall Steelix, Speical would be best. Here's a link to the calculator:
Damage Calculator Page

Last edited:

The Prodigy

Is the Elite Four the most efficient way to level up? Are there any better places?

Can a Pokémon bred with Ditto pass on Egg Moves?

It should be able to as long as it is a male. You can test to see by saving before loading both in the daycare and hatching the resulting egg if or not an egg move will pass.

Is the Elite Four the most efficient way to level up? Are there any better places?
You could go to the Turnback Cave, the Battle Area grasses, or climb Stark Mountain.

Last edited:

true+false

Would I have to reset before I ever met Cresselia (when it flies off and you take the Lunar Wing), or when I first meet it in the wild for it's nature to change each time I soft resetted?

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
If it's like Latias and Latios, its nature is set in stone when you first start the game.

However, it may not be like Lati@s, so I can't really say.

www500

WWW500
hey, how come i cannot run into a wild shuckle...i really want one because of power trick...but i can't seem to find one...i keep running into gastrodon, roselia, gloom, and floatzel.

true+false

hey, how come i cannot run into a wild shuckle...i really want one because of power trick...but i can't seem to find one...i keep running into gastrodon, roselia, gloom, and floatzel.

Was Emerald in your GBA slot before you started up your game? And they are uncommon, that could also explain it.

www500

WWW500
yeah its in, and i restarted the game...but now its going on 30 minutes....ugh. would it be wise for shuckle to use power trick? that's the only reason i want it. then it would be almost unstoppable...j/k....but still it would give it the highest attack base by 70 or more.

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
Took me forever to find Shuckle when I was chaining for a shiny one. Just keep going, and You are bound to find one sooner or later.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Are there still combos in Contests?

PaperMoon07

PKMN Breeder Paper
Which make better subpunchers, fast or slow Pokemon? I was thinking about making a Breloom that can both sub and spore punch, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Also, I'm making a Naive Mixape, and I was wondering how many EV's I should invest into speed. My concern is that, as a mixed sweeper, my Infernape's either physical or special attack will be relatively weak. I'm probably going to be running a 31 Speed IV, and a speed increasing nature, so I can cut my Speed EV's to the bare minimum to outspeed certain things. The rest can go into my attacking stats.

So here's my question: should I call it quits after I reach enough to outspeed pokemon with base 110 speed and a neutral speed nature, or should I keep going? I can theoretically also outspeed other pokemon in that speed group with a speed raising nature, if they don't have a particularly high speed IV and I max out my speed EV's. Is it worth it?

Should I keep going and try to outspeed things with up to base 120 and neutral speed natures? > < Where do I call the line? Are there any things just slightly slower than Infernape that commonly use speed natures--that I should worry about?

If someone could look at the Pokemon in those speed ranges, that'd be helpful.

Deathatron

SHINY MR MIME! =D
Are there still combos in Contests?
Don't think so. Moves have different effects in contests now as well.

PaperMoon07 said:
Which make better subpunchers, fast or slow Pokemon? I was thinking about making a Breloom that can both sub and spore punch, but I don't know if it's worth it.
With Breloom, it depends what you're going to use. For example, my Breloom only has SubPunch (I forgot to give it Spore. XP), so it helps if it's slower. However, SporePunch doesn't rely on speed as much, but it does rely on a bit of luck.

Soldier Blue

High on hope
Just a quick question my brother is trying to evolve his gligar, now i know that it's the razor fang at night but he's tried leveling it up, trading it even checked if there is a "use" option but nothing.

Just a quick question my brother is trying to evolve his gligar, now i know that it's the razor fang at night but he's tried leveling it up, trading it even checked if there is a "use" option but nothing.

You need to give it to gligar and level up to evolve it at night, but not trade. Night starts at 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.