• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SBM

Yeah legendaries do Respawn after being defeated as long as you beat the E4 before going to battle them again.
on that thought, could you beat your box legendary, beat the E4 the first time, go to kanto, get timer balls, then come back and fight it?

Lugion

Nope, all Pikachu have set gender and moves. For each course there are 6 unique Pokemon that can appear and all three of those attacks are on separate Pikachu. I added the movesets/etc for the Pikachus to Bulbapedia if it helps :p
Bulbapedia - Yellow Forest
Do Surf and Fly pass on to offspring?

Ok got yellow forest going and all that. The next thing that concerns me is this:

Over the last few days, I leveled a Mareep over my Pokewalker from level 5 to level 16 after a series of walks to and from classes. I realized that it hasn't evolved or learn any new moves. Is this a disadvantage to using the Pokewalker or is there something I can do to fix this?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Ok got yellow forest going and all that. The next thing that concerns me is this:

Over the last few days, I leveled a Mareep over my Pokewalker from level 5 to level 16 after a series of walks to and from classes. I realized that it hasn't evolved or learn any new moves. Is this a disadvantage to using the Pokewalker or is there something I can do to fix this?

Yeah, Pokemon won't evolve or learn moves when they're supposed to if they gain the level in the PokeWalker. For evolving, you can just take it out and level it up one though so that shouldn't be too hard to get around :p As for learning the moves, you need to go to the move tutor house which is in Blackthorn City if you missed a move you wanted :( I guess you could say it's a disadvantage :p

Lugion

Because they aren't egg moves, no. The only special moves that can be passed on is flail. And obviously with any pikachu + pikachu/ditto you can give a light ball to a pikachu and get Volt Tackle.
Well, obviously they aren't egg moves. But HM and TM moves are passed down. I want to know if Surf and Fly behave the same way.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
So I'm at Mahogany Town. I'm completely stumped. Do I have to catch/kill the Shiny Gyrados before I can do the TR base? The radio station is after the gym right? This part of the story was always fuzzy for me.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Well, obviously they aren't egg moves. But HM and TM moves are passed down. I want to know if Surf and Fly behave the same way.

Even if it were possible to pass it down that way, I think it's impossible to merge them? (maybe?)
Saying you put the Surf and Fly Pikachus inside the daycare and bread them, the Surf Pikachu shouldn't pass down any moves because it's female. If it were to work, I think you would just get a bunch of Fly Pikachu's (that is if Fly can be passed down :p )

So I'm at Mahogany Town. I'm completely stumped. Do I have to catch/kill the Shiny Gyrados before I can do the TR base? The radio station is after the gym right? This part of the story was always fuzzy for me.

Yeah, you have to do something with it whether that be knock it out or catch it :p

Lugion

Even if it were possible to pass it down that way, I think it's impossible to merge them? (maybe?)
Saying you put the Surf and Fly Pikachus inside the daycare and bread them, the Surf Pikachu shouldn't pass down any moves because it's female. If it were to work, I think you would just get a bunch of Fly Pikachu's (that is if Fly can be passed down :p )
I'll find a way! Eventually! :p

Kreis

Still Dirrty

The PokeWalker works similar to the day care, the Pokemon can level up, but it cannot evolve. I'm unsure about moves, but from what you're saying, I think they can only level up.

Edit: I had the reply window up and I stepped away for a while, it seems this question has already been answered. Sorry.

de_darkrai

Can the Pikachu's OT be the female if i chose male charcater?>

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Can the Pikachu's OT be the female if i chose male charcater?>

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. If what you're trying to say is if you choose the male character you will be able to find male and female Pikachu, then yes.

de_darkrai

My friend played Male Character in her HG,and she got a Red OT for her Pikachu.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
My friend played Male Character in her HG,and she got a Red OT for her Pikachu.

Ah I see now ^^

No, only girls will have red font-color for their OT and males will only have blue :p You can't make it red for a boy :( ...at least that's how it normally is :/ I'm not sure how she managed that lol...

shadow_wolf

If you restart your game do you have to reset the pokewalker, if so, how do you do that.

de_darkrai

Nope.My friend has the Blue OT and the Red OT ones,XD

even my Japan's friend...

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
I've just beaten the first gym and have found a piece of old amber which I would like to revive into Aerodactyl and play through with so is there anywhere earily on in Jotho where you can revive fossils? I know Pewter City revives them later on but thats too late for me so if not, I'll just trade it to one of my other games.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
pewter city is the only place i think.

de_darkrai

O_0

idk about that lol....It's quite weird.

My Pikachus got Blue OT only....

Status
Not open for further replies.