1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official HG/SS Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godric

Godric Petrew Petrew

not sure really as I don't read Japanese but they don't have much of a role in HGSS, except for Wake who gives you the masks.

2. SapphireSwampert

SapphireSwampert Worldend Dominator

Just mentioning, after he calls you, you have to press a on the area you want to place the item inside the Safari Zone. I couldn't figure it out untill a few days ago.

3. de_darkrai

de_darkrai Well-Known Member

Masks??wat masks?

i got my third call today :p

12 blocks now.

4. Godric

Godric Petrew Petrew

The Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup Masks.

5. himtay

himtay Active Member

thanks, I did not know the egg was there.

6. miGz

miGz i <3 hayley williams

Lol I actually like reading what the characters say.

7. ijea4444

ijea4444 Well-Known Member

Isn't it obvious? We wear glasses that automatically convert japanese text into english text. Obviously your expecting something magnificent otherwise you wouldn't have spent a few seconds of brain power and think of a reasonable answer.

You just ignore that its in japanese and just click the buttons like you normally would. Like click the middle button in battles then clicking on my corresponding attack. Its just another language, the buttons still have the same functions. It really isn't brain surgery.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  8. de_darkrai

de_darkrai Well-Known Member

How can i obtain that?

Yeah,Agreed.

9. yaminokame

yaminokame やみのかめ

He's in the Celadon Department Store. Just go talk to him and he'll end up giving you all 3 masks :p

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

If you cannot read Japanese, then this game probably isn't for you.

Though I must say, after a while you start understanding the language.

11. miGz

miGz i <3 hayley williams

I know what you mean, I saw a Japanese movie, no subtitles. Made me laugh my *** off, & I understood the movie.
    Anyways, I just said that because I tried out a ROM a friend told me about, & he said it was patched in english. Well, it wasn't. Ohh well.

12. jayel123

jayel123 Well-Known Member

where the hell is the battle frontier ive looked everywhere n i cant find it! ugh its driving me insane

13. yaminokame

yaminokame やみのかめ

West of Olivine City

14. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It can be tough to find it.

West of Olivine (Japanese: アサギシティ Asagi City), through the gate. You can only access it after the Elite Four though.

15. Rachael

Rachael Active Member

Are there any good places to level up in between defeating the E4 the first time and unlocking Mt. Silver and the Cerulean Cave? The best I can do is fishing for Lv.40 Pokemon, but they're wayyyy below my current team's level, and it's taking a really long time. Occasionally I'll get calls from trainers who challenge me to battles, but more often than not it's just to chat, and even the Pokemon the trainers use are too weak to get very much experience anymore.

16. Haunter54

Haunter54 Member

You could try to re battle the gym leaders. As long as you modifier your ds clock you can battle them infinite times.

17. Abus0ru

Abus0ru アブソル

Ok, I've answered the questions correctly (unless they changed them), but I'm not getting the Extrememe Speed Dratini for some reason.

So just to make sure what are the correct answers? And when do you get it?

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

You need to answer the questions correctly. There is a guide somewhere, Google it. You can get Dratini right away if you answer them correctly or after the Lugia/Ho-Oh thing if you answer them incorrectly.

EDIT: I heard that these work: Here

19. NoDice

NoDice The Sandstorm Slayer

Does anyone know if I delete my save file (to start over) if my Pokewalker courses will stay unlocked?

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Walker and Game are 2 totally different things.

I'm pretty sure you will still have the courses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.