• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

de_darkrai

white means normal?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
white means normal?

Yeah, so neutral natures will be all white and non-neutral natures will have all white except for the hindered nature and the advantaged nature.

de_darkrai

Ah,i see....Thanks for the explaination... ^_^

Kreis

Still Dirrty
How do you delete a saved file?

At the title screen press Up+Select+B at the same time and a dialogue box should appear asking you if you want to delete your save file.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I'm not really sure what kind of guide you're specifically looking for, but between these five (six?) you can get all of the important information:

This page tells you at the bottom which Apricorns are used to make which kind of Aprishakes, so just throw the ones you want in and have your Pokemon drink the result lol :p
[Apricorns/Aprishakes]

As The 4th KIRA has listed above, if you are looking for a list of what items you can buy on what day, the list is on there
[It's in the post above, but oh well :p Pokethlon]

I have added the information about what each event is looking for in each stats to this page according to the official guide. It's very helpful to use this because it will tell you who to and who not to bring to each event.
[Pokethlon #2]

Adding to the one two above this one, this is a list of all of the Data Cards that you can buy at the Pokethlon and what they do. It may or may not be helpful to you, but it's an option :p
[Data Card]

Going alongside the above link, I have put up a "guide" of the layout of the Data Card checking machine so that you can read it if you can't read Japanese. By checking that machine you can figure out how close you are to certain goals, so it's nice. To check the requirements for the goals check the link to Serebii three links above here.
[Pokethlon vague outline]

Finally, this lists one of the hidden mechanics of the Pokethlon and may or may not help you in picking which Pokemon (or nature of Pokemon) to use when you compete.
[Performance]

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Can you still buy pokemon at both game corners? If so which pokemon and for how much?

Ultimate Glalie

Weren't the Dialga, Palkia and Giratina from the Arceus event supposed to know special moves? I chose Palkia and it didn't know Hydro Pump. =/

Rabidmunchlax

Will my Australian EB games Arceus trigger the event on japanese HG/SS?

It must be the lvl 100 one knowing the dragons signature moves and judgement. So I think no

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Can you still buy pokemon at both game corners? If so which pokemon and for how much?
Yes.

Johto
-Abra (200)
-Ekans (700 - HG)
-Sandshrew (700 - SS)
-Dratini (2100)

Kanto
-Mr. Mime (3333)
-Eevee (6666)
-Porygon (9999)

Weren't the Dialga, Palkia and Giratina from the Arceus event supposed to know special moves? I chose Palkia and it didn't know Hydro Pump. =/

They just added new moves to Dialga/Palkia/Giratina's movepool and that's where they announced it :/ They don't know the moves when they are hatched >_< Dialga learns its at lv 24, Palkia learns its at lv 42 and Giratina at lv 19.

de_darkrai

O_0

i forgot about this...>_<

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
Um, I switched my Heart gold cartridge over to a different ds just before and then went to the downstairs half of the pokemon centre and talked to the lady. i went in, said yes to delting my old wi-fi settings or something (i'd read the first screen previously with an english platinum) and after deleting the settings my character walked back outside but now i can't use the trading/battling place anymore.
Is there anyway to fix this so that I can trade again or not...?

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
Um, I switched my Heart gold cartridge over to a different ds just before and then went to the downstairs half of the pokemon centre and talked to the lady. i went in, said yes to delting my old wi-fi settings or something (i'd read the first screen previously with an english platinum) and after deleting the settings my character walked back outside but now i can't use the trading/battling place anymore.
Is there anyway to fix this so that I can trade again or not...?
anyone...? I have to give my friend's ds back tomorrow and it's 10pm here right now so it's getting urgent...

i'll rephrase it since i just realised that what i said sounds really complicated and confusing too...:

- I have a Japanese version of Heart Gold, & of Soul Silver. My knowledge of the Japanese language is somewhat limited.
- I set my Soul Silver to be paired with my friend's ds, as well as my Heart Gold, because my English Platinum was set to my own ds.
- About 2 hours ago, I checked what would happen if you switched the ds a Cartridge was being used in. It mentioned something about deleting my previous Wi-Fi settings in order for it to work.
- After this I followed the same steps on my Soul Silver to "delete" its old Wi-Fi settings. I then automatically exited the Middle, downstairs Wireless room.
= I can no longer enter this room at the very least. I could write what the woman is saying here if necessary. So can anyone help please?

Edit:... Good god... Apparently although I knew my Pal pad would be cleared and that you cannot access this particular part of Wi-fi without at least 1 friend, It takes me 3 hours to join these two pieces of information together, even though when I first ever visited the place I got the same message, to realise that I wasn't being allowed in for that exact reason... Never mind now...

Last edited:

de_darkrai

To 48Elmaxo16:

After u changed ur Cartridge to another DS,u need to delete ur Settings.So,U will have a new FC if u changed ur Cart to another DS. ^_^

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Johto
-Abra (200)
-Ekans (700 - HG)
-Sandshrew (700 - SS)
-Dratini (2100)

Kanto
-Mr. Mime (3333)
-Eevee (6666)
-Porygon (9999)

Thank you very much